Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: Dexterkilaila

That makes a lot of sense! Where you watch it makes a lot of difference in Salman's films. I'm sure I'll dislike Ready if I watch it on TV again but like Bodyguard if it screens in the theater. 

Even a shittiest movie when watched in theatre seems OK. The point is that Salman has the ability to drive hordes of ppl to theatre. His larger than life image has the pull.
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Salman's Last 5 films:

1. Dabangg = 140 cr

2. Ready = 122 cr

3. BodyGuard = 148 cr

4. Ek Tha Tiger = 199 cr

5. Dabangg 2 = 160 cr

___________________ Now in this list between 5 films exist 2 films of this thread.

Now, when a Star gets a Big HIT, to repeat n give bigger or similar kind of success is the most difficult part, which many big big stars couldn't achieve in their best phase.

If Ready was Bad, it should have fallen after 1st weekend, like Himmatwala fall from 2nd day itself irrespective of the Director/Main Hero's past film success which that same audience gave them.

Ready should have fallen from 2nd week, 3rd week????? How much a Bad film can score??

122 Cr is not a easy figure to achieve on that much scale of Release n with that BAD WOM if that movie is receiving.

Now, after Ready came BodyGuard, now if WOM of Ready was so bad... how come BG Scored a Fantastic 21 cr opening day??
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: .DejaVu

Even a shittiest movie when watched in theatre seems OK. The point is that Salman has the ability to drive hordes of ppl to theatre. His larger than life image has the pull.

Not really. I watched Break ke Baad in the theatre 2-3 years ago and hated it. So walked out...almost. Same for Love aaj kal. I remember those two because I don't watch too many Hindi movies at the theatre.
Edited by Dexterkilaila - 11 years ago
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Salman's Star Power / His Charisma can at best get

= Opening Day Biggest = 21 cr for BG / 33 cr for ETT

May be it can be stretched to 1st BIG Weekend or u can say 1 WEEK.

But, if u see the Final BO Collections of those 5 films, it is not "TUKKA" or just a chance that those movies got that much huge success.

If only Salman fans can make this much huge success, he would have many more ATBB/HITS in his career than he is having at the moment.

Just Dabangg or u can say ETT got some DECENT REVIEWS From Critics, Media Praise... which in today's time many films get in extra large quantities, still those 5 films are loved by audience.
kitkataha thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yea, I walked out of Garam Masala, DesiBoyz and RabNeBanaDi...but I walked out of RabNe to go into the hall next door because Ghajini was playing. ðŸ˜† There's no way I am wasting my three hrs sitting in a hall to painfully finish a movie. 
Originally posted by: Mr.KaminA

Ready was 2nd release after the big ATBB "Dabangg", Neither Salman was playing or doing some kind of Chulbul Pandey kind of role, for which Audience will go mad again.

It was a Simple Rom/Com promoted movie, funny scenes, dialogues, action scenes... There was nothing special in trailers for which Audience greeted "READY" with a BlockBuster Success.

Salman acquired this status after giving 5 back 2 back BlockBuster, while with "Ready" it was pressure on him 2 repeat the Dabangg Magic. It Opened on a Non-Holiday, biggest risk, no eid-diwali-xmas to gain more viewers, still it became huge success from day 1.

The above paragraph which u written in edited your style doesn't justify as a Simple Hit kind of film got such a huge BlockBuster Success.

It was the FILM which was loved by audience, not just Salman fans, but non-Salman fans also, Famlies, kids, youth, oldies... it was all over Dhinka Chika.

Salman Khan already had two previous blockbusters, Wanted and Dabangg, plus him hosting Dus Ka Dum and Bigg Boss helped increasing his popularity a lot, people underestimate this, this is the first time where audience got to connect with Salman.

Ready may have been liked by families and kids, and yet at the same time, a lot families, kids and old people disliked it.  By the time Ready was released, Salman already had a craze after him.

And if you still don't believe me, just answer this question, would Ready had been a hit if Upen Patel had starred in it?
Edited by Heisenberg. - 11 years ago
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Originally posted by: Heisenberg.

Salman Khan already had two previous blockbusters, Wanted and Dabangg, plus him hosting Dus Ka Dum and Bigg Boss helped increasing his popularity a lot, people underestimate this, this is how audience connected with Salman.

Ready may have been liked by families and kids, and yet at the same time, a lot families, kids and old people disliked it.  By the time Ready was released, Salman already had a craze after him.

And if you still don't believe me, just answer this question, would Ready had been a hit if Upen Patel had starred in it?

Wanted was Salman's SmashHit after many flops, it was 2009's 1st Superhit film for him, he literally bring back Single Screen Audience back to halls.

Next came 3 films - MAMK, LD & VEER before Dabangg.

1 was Disaster n 2 were Average movies. Next came Dabangg ATBB.

TV Shows as u mentioned were very helpful, agree :) 

Now Ready was a Non-Holiday Release after last Release on EID 2010, almost 10 months gap between 2 releases. It was Non-Holiday Release.

Salman craze which you were talking helped the film to get Biggest Non-Holiday Opening, Weekend n Week... but what make that film reach 122 cr was Audience love for that movie, if that was such a bad movie, it would at best had made only 70-80 cr at best with just a HIT tag, like last 3 srk films doing the business.

& Shashi, don't ask the stupid question if Upen was doing or not, My thread is not asking question on Salman Khan doing it or not, i am emphasizing the fact that Salman Khan alone standing 2 hrs on screen can't make movie that much huge success, film was loved by Salman+ lot other factors also n this much.
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I liked Ready as it was easy to enjoy with my relatives and cousins. Though liked BG more as was a simple love story.but sweetEdited by wat_up - 11 years ago
Originally posted by: Mr.KaminA

Wanted was Salman's SmashHit after many flops, it was 2009's 1st Superhit film for him, he literally bring back Single Screen Audience back to halls.

Next came 3 films - MAMK, LD & VEER before Dabangg.

1 was Disaster n 2 were Average movies. Next came Dabangg ATBB.

TV Shows as u mentioned were very helpful, agree :) 

Now Ready was a Non-Holiday Release after last Release on EID 2010, almost 10 months gap between 2 releases. It was Non-Holiday Release.

Salman craze which you were talking helped the film to get Biggest Non-Holiday Opening, Weekend n Week... but what make that film reach 122 cr was Audience love for that movie, if that was such a bad movie, it would at best had made only 70-80 cr at best with just a HIT tag, like last 3 srk films doing the business.

& Shashi, don't ask the stupid question if Upen was doing or not, My thread is not asking question on Salman Khan doing it or not, i am emphasizing the fact that Salman Khan alone standing 2 hrs on screen can't make movie that much huge success, film was loved by Salman+ lot other factors also n this much.

It doesn't matter how you try to rationalise this, the fact of the matter is, Ready worked on Salman's star power, just like all his recent movies, and you know this but you want to fool yourself into believing that there was something more, like some awesome film making, which ofcourse it wasn't.  That fact that you considered my question stupid indirectly answers it, ofcourse had someone like Upen Patel starred in it, no-one would've watched the movie.

When Salman figured out that the audience prefers to see him in masala films, he milked it for all its worth, and continues to do so.
don12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ready:
Comedy of Errors...i liked all the characters in the movie...
Music
Entire Family could enjoy the movie.

Ready was one of the few movies which did better in 2nd week...

Bodyguard:

Fantastic love story...
Climax when Salman goes to meet Raj babbar is very touching..Emotion worked big time
Music was fantastic

Love Story worked for me.

I watched both movies online...I fwded one or two scenes here n there hence i liked both the movies.

Edited by don12 - 11 years ago