Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Dexterkilaila

IF-Sizzlerz

Dexterkilaila

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Enjoy! LOLLOL

"Zindagi Ek Juaa" Madhuri as drug fiend!

In honor of Maduri Dixit's birthday, first I'd like to wish her one:

Untitled

Ardent Madhuri Dixit fan, Gaja Gamini, from Bollywood-ish Blog, declared it Magic of Madhuri Week.  My little contributions are some shocking images of Maduri fromZindagi Ek Juaa  (1992) (Life is a Gamble)

Untitled

The first image of the film is of  ye olde Central Jail, so right off you know there's trouble. Maybe one day I'll make it Film City or whatever movie studio houses Central Jail.

Untitled

Now a bit about the film:

After saving the life of his employer, Jagjit Singh alias JJ (Anupam Kher), Harikishan (Anil Kapoor) is promoted with a wage increase that he had only dreamt of.  Anxious to please his employer Harikishan agrees to have his name changed to Harry, and does anything that he is instructed to do.  Soon Harry realises that he has been aiding his employer in illegal activities.  When he tries to break away, he is told that his mom (Asha Sharma) is and will be held captive to guarantee his cooperation.  Harry must now come up with a scheme that will guarantee his safety as well as the freedom of his mom, and at the same time save himself from being arrested by the police. (source)

But there's so much more, and that's the part about Madhuri's character Juhi, called Baby by family and friends. Anil Kapoor's  Harikishan ends up falling for the boss's daughter when she comes back from Europe and dazzles him with her carefree performance at her birthday party.

Untitled

Untitled

Very soon after her first meeting with Harikishan, Baby/Juhi becomes the aggressor and makes her lustful feelings very clear:

photo

Untitled

Hari's best friend (Shakti Kapoor) tries his best to watch over Juhi while Hari's away, but please take special note of the Whitney Houston poster on the wall, as it serves as an ominous warning to what could happen to Juhi.

Untitled

In case you haven't heard, Houston has fallen on the path of drug abuse, which is the same fate that awaits Madhuri's Juhi. Eventually she finds out about Hari's business dealings in illegal drugs, and sends him packing right after she gives birth to their son.  Of course after telling him off she has a huge headache and at that moment, she' s offered some medicine by an evil friend, Mr. Lal:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

And just like THAT she's hooked!

Untitled

So Juhi has sent her husband packing and quickly becomes addicted to her nose candy.  A police inspector  played by Suresh Oberoi goes to Juhi to find out more about what she knows about Harikishan and  notices Juhi's addiction, meanwhile, I ignored most of that scene and just noticed this great subtitle ripe for a screen capture:

Untitled

Harikishan realizes his estranged biwi has pushed him out of her life, and decides to soothe his anguish with music, but he's shocked even more when a drugged up Juhi makes an appearance.  Staggering and stoned Juhi plays the trumpet stopping only to smoke. What an entrance!  Watch Kabhi Kuchh Khoya with playback singerKumar Sanu,who incidently I saw in concert with Akla Yagnick  a few yers back when I was too new of a Hindi cinema fan to fully appreciate.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Watch here and at about 1:40 the drug fiend Madhuri enters.  Pay special attention for her crazy drugged trumpet playing while smoking at 2:09. When Anil's Harikishan sees that it's a COMPLETE buzz kill and he realizes, "I married a drug wh**e! My dealing of drugs brought this all about! The mother of my son uses coke!"

Untitled

I'd like to bring up Whitney Houston again, who just this week was banned from Princeconcerts due to her drug using antics and trying to get on stage with Prince in her altered state. Houston  has since gone into rehab.  This makes me wonder if that's how Harikishan felt when Juhi trid to play trumptet while he was jamming with his friend in  Kabhi Kuchh Khoya. Poor Juhi did not make it into rehab. She realized her problem, made arrangements to have her son cared for: 

Untitled

Then she goes down the self-destructive path of drug abuse.

Untitled

But then there's a knock at the door!

Untitled

Harikishan pleads with Juhi to stop her drug use.

Untitled

Untitled

He leaves, only to return another time

Untitled

to find an overdosing Juhi.

Untitled

What happened to Juhi?  Watch the movie if you dare to see, or ask me in the comments and I'll tell you.  Let this be a warning to you, don't do drugs!  Thank you for reading this post, but now, with all due respect, all I have to say is

Untitled

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Raisinssarasingh86YankeesMiss CheriekhamosshhhPentaminous.desicrowdNaach_Basantiswashbucklingruky786Tony_StraK786

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "For all Madhuri fans!" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ruky786

IF-Stunnerz

ruky786

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 10:28am | IP Logged
OMG Dex! HahahahaROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Dexterkilaila

RockChicGirl

IF-Stunnerz

RockChicGirl

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 10:39am | IP Logged
I remember watching this film on TV. It was quiet nice. Bold for its times to show a heroine being a drug addict and dying of a drug overdose instead of being 'reformed'.

Dexterkilaila

khamosshhh

IF-Sizzlerz

khamosshhh

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 10:49am | IP Logged
I had read this blog sometime back and after that watched the movie.LOL

The movie was a total crapfest, but Madhuri's acting was top-notch.

Btw welcome back DkiL.Smile

Edited by khamosshhh - 09 April 2013 at 10:49am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

don12Dexterkilaila

Dexterkilaila

IF-Sizzlerz

Dexterkilaila

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by khamosshhh

I had read this blog sometime back and after that watched the movie.LOL

The movie was a total crapfest, but Madhuri's acting was top-notch.

Btw welcome back DkiL.Smile

I watched this film when I was little, it was sad then but the blog made it sound hilarious.LOLLOL

Thanks Khamosshh, good to see ya here too. You can call be Dex!Big smile

khamosshhh

Tony_StraK786

IF-Addictz

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dexterkilaila

Meredith

IF-Dazzler

Meredith

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
I think I remember this film. No great shakes. But Mads  looked pretty though.

.Elixir.

IF-Sizzlerz

.Elixir.

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
Madhuri always looked 35 even in her 20s. Geek

Post Reply New Post

Go to top