India-Forums

Sports/Cricket
Sports/Cricket

IPL 2013.. And the ban on Sri Lankan cricketers in Chennai.. :(

trolldemort. IF-Stunnerz
trolldemort.
trolldemort.

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Hey guys.. :) I'm from Sri Lanka.. And a huuuge fan of T20 cricket.. :)
Guys.. It's really sad that the Sri Lankan cricketers.. rather.. any Sri Lankan official even.. is banned in Chennai.. :(
It's sooo sad for us loyal fans of IPL, that Politics intrudes the Gentlemens' game this way.. :(
What is your take on it guys..?? Just because the political parties of both the countries are at a cold war.. Should the cricketers be banned as well..??? :(

Edited by -Stephanie- - 07 April 2013 at 11:21am

-Cskluv- IF-Rockerz
-Cskluv-
-Cskluv-

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
Hey hi btw im yami im frm chennai a loyal csk fan and yup big fan of sri lankan team (next to indian team ;))
Haa and yaa big fan of kulasekara too

I knw its unfair but in keeping ppl's sentiment tn govt took tis decision I hope u guys are aware of wat was happening in chennai all thosse strike and all in dat case if the govt allows players to play means it will becum ugly as ppl will definitely will do protest
infact tn govt waited till end before taking dis decision and there was a survey held 80% of ppl didn't want them to play this and all was sent to cm after tat tis steps were taken in keeping ppl's sentiment on mind tat doesn't mean ppl over here hate them :) I really wished to see kula play here :( I hope thinks will becum normal

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

trolldemort.

trolldemort. IF-Stunnerz
trolldemort.
trolldemort.

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Yami-

Hey hi btw im yami im frm chennai a loyal csk fan and yup big fan of sri lankan team (next to indian team ;))
Haa and yaa big fan of kulasekara too

I knw its unfair but in keeping ppl's sentiment tn govt took tis decision I hope u guys are aware of wat was happening in chennai all thosse strike and all in dat case if the govt allows players to play means it will becum ugly as ppl will definitely will do protest
infact tn govt waited till end before taking dis decision and there was a survey held 80% of ppl didn't want them to play this and all was sent to cm after tat tis steps were taken in keeping ppl's sentiment on mind tat doesn't mean ppl over here hate them :) I really wished to see kula play here :( I hope thinks will becum normal

hey Yami.. Smile
Ohh so all that precautions were taken..??
good.. Smile
But its sooo sad that us loyal fans are effectef by these sort of political battles.. Ouch
They have made a joke out of the gentlemans game.. Confused
Varun.srk Goldie
Varun.srk
Varun.srk

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 10:58am | IP Logged
Tongueya it's unjustified.
i'm a srilankan too.
bt u know the situation of india,

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

trolldemort.

trolldemort. IF-Stunnerz
trolldemort.
trolldemort.

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 11:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by abcdew

<font color="#0033FF" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">Tongueya it's unjustified.
i'm a srilankan too.
bt u know the situation of india,
</font>

Hehheheh.. I know.. :)
--GaBBar-- IF-Addictz
--GaBBar--
--GaBBar--

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 12:40pm | IP Logged
Agree with u babe ..politics and cricket should be kept apart.
Nand14 Senior Member
Nand14
Nand14

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
I know being a Sri Lankan, you must be panicked & hurt due to this banning. Even I were too (coz I'm a big CSK fan). But we have to understand its 2nd aspect too. You know there is a big protest against Srilankans in Chennai & if they're allowed to play, it may be dangerous for them and it may also result to rift between the two countries which obviously none of us wanted. So, please try to understand & just hope for the best.
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top