Shakti_Shiva Groupbie
Shakti_Shiva
Shakti_Shiva

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 3:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kal El

Originally posted by shruti.nil

only one thing-Mohits dancing
errr...LOL
i hope they give him the correct dance posture-atleast show the posture of Natraja correctly
that is all i expect and hope for
since its its important that its depected correctly-since Natrajas posture depicts as lot of things as Meenakshi said.

Maybe they could hire a trained dancer as a stunt double. He does the dancing and then they could digitally superimpose Mohit's face on him. LOL
Wasn't he taking classical dance classes?few options are there..
    there is CGI .. it will be interesting to see how it will turn out.. I don't think he will dance though, it will be somethng like MR dancing at Ganesh Balyotsav ( the sad version of Ananda Tandava )... series of dance poses one landing on apasmara purusha.
  • Better yet, a huge halogen light dancing ( like the lasya dance..) his face will be obscure..

When there is a will there is a way (Nitin Shukla LOL). Even if pappu can't dance, DKDM CVs can make him...

It is said that there are 108 poses.. here is a short animated description

Edited by Shakti_Shiva - 08 April 2013 at 4:27pm

prem426 Newbie
prem426
prem426

Posted: 13 April 2013 at 2:27am | IP Logged
Nataraja is derived from the words Nadanam (dance) and Raja (Lord or King) the Hindu god Shiva as the cosmic dancer who performs his divine dance to destroy a weary universe and make preparations for god Brahma to start the process of creation. Nataraja is most often depicted through a statue.

The sculpture is usually made in bronze, with Shiva dancing in an aureole of flames, lifting his left leg (and in rare cases, the right leg) and balancing over a demon or dwarf (Apasmara) who symbolizes ignorance. It is a well known sculptural symbol in India and popularly used as a symbol of Indian culture.

The two most common forms of Shiva's dance are the Lasya (the gentle form of dance), associated with the creation of the world, and the Tandava (the violent and dangerous dance), associated with the destruction of the world. In essence, the Lasya and the Tandava are just two aspects of Shiva's nature; for he destroys in order to create, tearing down to build again.To understand the concept of Nataraja we have to understand the idea of dance itself in Hinduism. Like yoga, dance is used to induce trance, ecstasy and the experience of the divine. In India, consequently, dance has flourished side by side with the austerities of meditation (as fasting, absolute introversion etc.). Shiva, therefore, the arch-yogi of the Gods, is necessarily also the Lord of the dance. Dancing is seen as an art in which the artist and the art s/he creates are one the same, thought to evoke the oneness of God and creation.

Shiva Nataraja was first represented thus in a beautiful series of South Indian bronzes dating from the tenth and twelfth centuries A.D[citation needed]. In these images, Nataraja dances with his right foot supported by a crouching figure and his left foot elegantly raised. A mirrored posture, where his right foot is raised, represents Moksha.

Edited by prem426 - 13 April 2013 at 2:27am
Arijit007 IF-Sizzlerz
Arijit007
Arijit007

Posted: 13 April 2013 at 2:52am | IP Logged
i am egerly waiting for the ultimate dancer nataraaj.
mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 13 April 2013 at 3:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tarakari

It will be good because the promo shows a different person dancing, he must be well trained.
k.taddy1234 IF-Sizzlerz
k.taddy1234
k.taddy1234

Posted: 13 April 2013 at 4:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

Originally posted by Tarakari

It will be good because the promo shows a different person dancing, he must be well trained.
which ppromo im not seeing any promo can you plz share...
mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 13 April 2013 at 4:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by k.taddy123

which ppromo im not seeing any promo can you plz share...
It was for Monday, shown at the end of Friday's epi.
k.taddy1234 IF-Sizzlerz
k.taddy1234
k.taddy1234

Posted: 13 April 2013 at 4:59am | IP Logged
TFS... it was on yesterday episodes end

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12

Surya_krsnbhakt IF-Dazzler
Surya_krsnbhakt
Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 13 April 2013 at 5:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shakti_Shiva

Wasn't he taking classical dance classes?few options are there..
    there is CGI .. it will be interesting to see how it will turn out.. I don't think he will dance though, it will be somethng like MR dancing at Ganesh Balyotsav ( the sad version of Ananda Tandava )... series of dance poses one landing on apasmara purusha.
  • Better yet, a huge halogen light dancing ( like the lasya dance..) his face will be obscure..

When there is a will there is a way (Nitin Shukla LOL). Even if pappu can't dance, DKDM CVs can make him...

It is said that there are 108 poses.. here is a short animated description

Was it really a sad version of Tandava? I just thought that Shiva was .. you know, high.
Like he had been drinking lot of bhang that day. So I thought all that had finally gone to his head.LOL
Tfs the links. I never know that Tandava was so complicated - I mean, 108 steps!! I was thinking it was just random dance with his Natarajar pose at the end. Whew!

Go to top