Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

epi is so touchy (Page 11)

Diala Goldie
Diala
Diala

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 11:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by itstimetospeak

sati's immolation is the saddest thing in shiva puran. she had to die for no major reasonsCry

looks like the bad ritual called "sati" where women burn themselves up is named after her onlyCryCryCryCryCry
Sati's story is Daksha's story. We will not have Chamakam without that. Every story is a lesson.
I think that self-immolation of women in their husban'd pyre came to be called such for this reason only.

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 11:58am | IP Logged

sati's immolation is the saddest thing in shiva puran. she had to die for no major reasonsCry

looks like the bad ritual called "sati" where women burn themselves up is named after her onlyCryCryCryCryCry
She ended her life with the Yogagni from her right toe. This is a Yogic process & Shivji was alive. Who has capabality to do so? Not to confused with woman burning herself after her husband's death. 
There was areason behind that, as Aadi Shakti had given boon to Daksh for his penanace, that she will be born as his daughter, will marry Shivji but when he'll insult her husband, she'll leave him & go. So when Daksh insulted Shivji, as per her boon, she ended the body given by her father Daksh.
mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by speedgal

The tatoos are the icing on the cake Meenakshi. How can they miss that. Our dear guys here like Ryan need to carry this forward. Next time I come to India, I want to see all the guys roaming around the streets like this.
Don't remind me about Rayan. I was watching Peneas & Ferb this afternoon, could only imagine Rayan seeing thatLOL
It is a good option in SummerLOL 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Reeti-

-Reeti- IF-Rockerz
-Reeti-
-Reeti-

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
Sati's immolations had reasons..
Because She didn't believed in Shiva... She was impatient .. Her Impatience, her stubbornness made her to come that point thats what shiva's disagreement for getting married to her as he knew that Sati is not ready to get married. Who knows whether it had happened or not.. it is just a way of making people realize that whatever may be the situation never get impatient and never go against those people who are your own.

itstimetospeak

itstimetospeak IF-Rockerz
itstimetospeak
itstimetospeak

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

looks like the bad ritual called "sati" where women burn themselves up is named after her onlyCry
She ended her life with the Yogagni from her right toe. This is a Yogic process & Shivji was alive. Who has capabality to do so? Not to confused with woman burning herself after her husband's death. 
There was areason behind that, as Aadi Shakti had given boon to Daksh for his penanace, that she will be born as his daughter, will marry Shivji but when he'll insult her husband, she'll leave him & go. So when Daksh insulted Shivji, as per her boon, she ended the body given by her father Daksh.

yes i fully agree with u. this is a yogic process i agree. n she ended her life coz  shiv ji was insulted. it has nothing to do with the heinous crime.

i was not comparing the two things. "going sati" means immolatig oneself. so may be the the ppl here in india  named the horrible ritual after her.  was just talking abt the name.

the two things are incomparable plz dont misunderstand me.

-Reeti-

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by reeti.poly

Because She didn't believed in Shiva... She was impatient .. Her Impatience, her stubbornness made her to come that point thats what shiva's disagreement for getting married to her as he knew that Sati is not ready to get married. Who knows whether it had happened or not.. it is just a way of making people realize that whatever may be the situation never get impatient and never go against those people who are your own.
That's DKDM version. The DP part clearly says Sati went to teach Daksh a lesson for not inviting Shivji. Shivji stopped her then she appeared in the 10 Mahvidyas form in 10 direction. Then Shivji had given her permission to go for the yagya. DP has a wonderful description of her leaving in a Charriot of many Lions, Nandi was the Sarathi. She was in her angry form.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Reeti-Arijit007

-Reeti- IF-Rockerz
-Reeti-
-Reeti-

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mnx12

Originally posted by reeti.poly

That's DKDM version. The DP part clearly says Sati went to teach Daksh a lesson for not inviting Shivji. Shivji stopped her then she appeared in the 10 Mahvidyas form in 10 direction. Then Shivji had given her permission to go for the yagya. DP has a wonderful description of her leaving in a Charriot of many Lions, Nandi was the Sarathi. She was in her angry form.

Shocked Meenu Di Ouch I want to read the pre Sati immolation part and even the immolation part of Daksh yagyan Ouch Plz guide me where should i read it from online Confused as in DP's way Ouch please please lemme know..i am a big devotee of maa  shakti so wanna read it .. Confused
chocolate_boy IF-Rockerz
chocolate_boy
chocolate_boy

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
It was a different episode, felt the power of Sati again. DKDM has come to another height of its succes.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index