Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Deepa876 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
came across ur ss on reading Kalyani's recommendation. She was right, this is one amazingly written story :)
amaypranay thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Very nice story...really enjoyed it...amazingly written. Thx to Kalyaani..she recommended it...
valeyrie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
loved the complete SS... I liked the end, it was very different and beautiful way to end the story 😊
Omoraboti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Bookmarking

Will come back to comment, when I am done reading. :)
RockBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: hiteat

If all the IPK characters entered those 90s movies and met at notting hill we'd get love, inc.? That's what I figured anyway.

I have a weird obsession with 90s romcoms, just like I do with Kishore Kumar's songs..both of which are no longer created. Recreated maybe..so I was a bit apprehensive when I started reading this. But clearly you know your stuff way better than most! 

I love how subtle and different this story is. Yes yes it has the clichs of bumping into the hero when you are all shades of "over love + life" and just waiting for the 20mins to begin..but what follows after their meeting..was unique. The transition of gamer khushi to neat freak khushi..and yadi yada. Just by meeting once!

I enjoyed that there was hardly any interaction of the leads. When they met I was reminded of olden days when they meet once and they know, this is it. That's how I felt here. I loved each and every side character, I mean they make the story more than the leads.

Who doesn't want bournvita eyed man! The perfect perfect romcom hero if there was any, and yet we knew he wasn't in your face about his perfections..there were those subtle flaws.

You have the most witty sense of humour and I love that its not just about love, but life..the way the characters discuss things..realistic and yet fresh. No ghise-pite dialogues. I got insight to so many things..about human behavior in merely 8 chapters.

I was scared if they would meet in the end..or if it would end up like before sunrise (fav. out of the whole list..its not even on the list!)? But then it was "love actually". And I like that you kept it easy..no grand gestures or promises or pressures.

Probably analysed way more than required. Anywho just wanted to say please count me in as reader if you ever start a rom-com type fiction again! And thank you for writing and sharing this one :)

Hitashi

Thank you so much for your comments. I kinda agree with the chick flicks and Kishore Da's songs. I don't watch chick flicks anymore and after 90s music just sucks everywhere.

Before sunrise is a personal favorite but I don't think I could have accommodated here. I do like realism in my stories but sometimes I surrender to the gods of cliche as the genre has been beaten to death its best to succumb to a known devil rather than trying to do something new in a genre I am uncomfortable with. It took a lot not to turn it into angst though the beckoning was super strong.

Thanks again!
LooneyLuna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Thank you so much for your comments. I kinda agree with the chick flicks and Kishore Da's songs. I don't watch chick flicks anymore and after 90s music just sucks everywhere.

Before sunrise is a personal favorite but I don't think I could have accommodated here. I do like realism in my stories but sometimes I surrender to the gods of cliche as the genre has been beaten to death its best to succumb to a known devil rather than trying to do something new in a genre I am uncomfortable with. It took a lot not to turn it into angst though the beckoning was super strong.

Thanks again!
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for not going angsty (although it would have been interesting)..and you are right this story did demand a cliche. After writing this tale, I am sure you can no longer say you are uncomfortable with the genre! Moreover I cant wait to read "serendipity", although I have to say it was my least favourite movie of them all. Probably because I am the most impatient person on this planet. 

Mind if I ask you to recommend a story of yours that you are the most "comfortable" with? 

Hitashi

ps. Thank you for commenting back, its always nice to hear from the author! 
Edited by hiteat - 11 years ago
RockBarbie thumbnail

Originally posted by: hiteat

Thanks again!

Thank you for not going angsty (although it would have been interesting)..and you are right this story did demand a cliche. After writing this tale, I am sure you can no longer say you are uncomfortable with the genre! Moreover I cant wait to read "serendipity", although I have to say it was my least favourite movie of them all. Probably because I am the most impatient person on this planet. 

Mind if I ask you to recommend a story of yours that you are the most "comfortable" with? 

Hitashi

ps. Thank you for commenting back, its always nice to hear from the author! 

From purely reading perspective try: Escape Velocity which is completed and Dante's labyrinth which is in progress.

Serendipity was a name suggested by a friend. Its been too long now to stick to original storyline so the name will go for a change when I update next.

RockBarbie thumbnail

Originally posted by: lazyleaves

I read it in one go last night (Thanks to Kalyaani for suggesting this uber cute SS to me)

Firstly, I apologize for assuming you to be a 'seriously wali' author :P

I am serious wali author :D but gave this genre which am no fan of a go anyway...just to get out of my own comfort zone...

After reading Lonely Under the Sheets, I thought that your writing is very mature and serious and I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the link to this story and what do I see? A Chick Flick?

This is the first time that I came across a chick flick as an FF. But what made me read this one the moment I saw this thread was the index. You had titled each update after famous chick flicks :)

I am not very fond of those but they are a good form of entertainment when thoroughly bored :)

But you my dear did a fab job of keeping me hooked till the end.

I have never been through a relationship or a break for that matter but the way you have shown the depressed side of Khushi was brilliant. That is what exactly a person like Khushi would do :)

Arnav on the other hand is like me :D He hasn't been in any relationships as he hasn't met THE ONE! (I have to still wait for mine *Sigh*)

Anjali and Shyam are so pokily hilarious :D They know they are irritating Arnav and Arnav is too aware of that and they both are aware of each others state of mind but still continue to do so :D

I loved their first encounter at the book store (I should start visiting bookstores soon) and how like a typical movie they didn't meet even though they were just feet apart separated by a door.

How nosy can nosy get! The Raizadas, Payal and Lavanya dropped at the store too to see Mr. Bournvita eyes and Ms. Ponds Skin :D

But what is love without separation? Some problems has to come and come it did in the form of the fire in the factory.

I was feeling bad for Khushi when he didn't turn up for 2 Saturdays in a row! I was just hoping that she gives it a third try and I am so happy that she did :D and they met and they hugged! :D

She got the last twenty minutes of movie and the happily ever after too :D

Also, I like the serious conversation these girls had about being yourself in a relationship and not pretending as that does not lead you anywhere :)

A special mention to Hasini/Lahiri for the magical and beautiful banners for each of the updates and providing you the motivation for writing it further :)

This story was simple, cute, un-complex (as complexities leads to loopholes) and you did a fab job of covering all the points at the same time keeping us entertained and yearning for more :)

*thumbs up*

Thanks a lot for writing this comment :=) Made a lovely read and I apologize for not responding earlier.
lazyleaves thumbnail
^No apologies please :)