Posted: 12 April 2013 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
- "Oorana Oorukulla" - WELL DONE.
Shenbagaraj - "Aadungada enna" - Some obvious flaws.
- "Vennilave velli velli" - BRILLIANT. Work on your base voice and u will be ultra awesome. No flaws.
- "Valliye" - WHAT A MAKEOVER !! Both singing & personality. KUDOS!! No flaws again.
Namitha - "Allegra" - Sounded childish. Bit yelling at high notes. Not at ease with that genre.
Sayeed - "1 day mattum" - Good but not outstanding. The energy & dance was excellent. But Sayeed, focus on your singing.
- WOW !! Well-deserved for the chair.
Pradeep - "Maduraiku pogaadhadi" - Good transformation to sing the current generation songs. Sangadhi skills are commendable. But the song did not have the "power" as the original rendered by Benny.
BUT MY CHOICE for the top-30 are Rafique, Krishna & Sanjay. I was angry at the judges for having given sour grapes to Rafique & Krishnan yesterday. ALSO, I thought Sayeed was not as convincing as Krishnan or Rafique.
Niranjana - "Dung dung" - Good in the Pallavi but charanam off-key.
Ramnath - "Mambazhama mambazham" - Very good but also slightly off-breath including a slip.
Soundarya - "Thaachuko" - Some parts were very good but some others were too sharp. And a couple of places sounded like KBS voice.
Vishwanath - "Kacheri kacheri" - Very good except some flaws in the charanam.
- "Padichu paarthen" - I thought it was better than Soundarya's rendition.
- "Puli urumudhu" - Little bit breathless and slightly off-tempo. I thought Soundarya & Arvind were better.
- "Valaiyapatti" - Slightly off-key in the charanam. I do not understand what happened to her - was it the "performance"?
Disappointed. FANTASTIC pallavi & touches.
Narayanan - "Pachai manja" - Good emotion & tempo. Bit shouting in high notes. Off-key in some parts of charanam.
Today, everyone was good but no one was OUTSTANDING.
If going by today results alone, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ARAVIND for the top-30. So, when considering consistency, aren't they considering that day's performance. I love Sharath too but today he was breathless.
RAFIQUE, KRISHNAN are excellent, well-deserving contestants. Sayeed did not sing as good as Krishnan or Rafique. I wondered how Sayeed replaced Rafique.
WHY THE HECK was Vishwanath ELIMINATED????
He was consistent too and according to Ananth Vaidyanathan's calculation he is an EXCELLENT candidate to be "trained". So what was the basis for his rejection?
And did Soundarya deserve to go to top-30 ???
Today, Vishwanath was WAY BETTER than Narayanan.
Swarag was expected - he should focus on genres other than Western and should get SERIOUS enough.