Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Msserialfan123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
What happenend Diya? Are you on a sabbatical? I kind of raised my hopes when I saw your IPK 2, please continue and not disappoint us? !
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Sorry for the long break ... I had surgery on my shoulder and was not able to type for longer than I expected 😕

Next chapter coming up shortly ... as before, please LIKE the update and Buddy me if you want PMs.
farheen75 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: DiyaS

Sorry for the long break ... I had surgery on my shoulder and was not able to type for longer than I expected😕

Next chapter coming up shortly ... as before, please LIKE the update and Buddy me if you want PMs.

Hope u r feeling better now, loved this story and can't wait to read the rest of it.
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Big thanks to all the readers who commented and sent PM for updates ... it is so encouraging to know that people are liking this story! Motivates me to continue! Thank you so much!

Part 7 - Loving and Leaving

RECAP – Khushi gets shot saving Arnav from the kidnappers, and also loses her memory of the days just after Arnav's kidnapping. Arnav and NK try to put together the entire story but they still have no proof to convince Anjali about Shyam's role in the kidnapping, especially with Khushi's memory of those days still missing. Arnav tells Khusi he belives her story about Shyam and Khushi tells him briefly about how her engagement happened and how it broke. Since Arnav now believes her about Shyam, and Anjali, Akash and Mamiji are angry with Khushi about her hiding the truth about Shyam, Khushi decides that the reason for her marriage to Arnav no longer exists. She tells Arnav that she wants to leave Shantivan. Arnav is shocked and doesn't know how he will stop her.

"I think I should go away from here," Khushi said tonelessly, evenly. "There is no reason for me to stay here anymore, is there?"

Arnav felt as though the bottom had dropped out of his world. This was the one thing he had feared most would happen.

How on earth was he going to stop Khushi?

His mind churned furiously as he came up to Khushi and turned her around to face him.

"You're forgetting one little detail, Khushi," replied Arnav quietly. "Shyam kidnapped me. I know that you did nothing to encourage Shyam. I even believe that you were foolish enough to think he would reform after the news of his child, and so you didn't deem it fit to tell me anything. And I agree with your reasoning, I kept quiet for the same reason after all. But Shyam is not just a cheat and a philanderer, Khushi. He kidnapped me, he tried to murder me. I might let my sister live with a cheat for her own sake, and that of her child … I can threaten Shyam into behaving himself with my wife. But I cannot let my sister live with a criminal, and a would-be murderer."

Khushi stared at him, his words sinking in slowly. So he wanted to break up his sister's marriage? The marriage he had gone to such lengths to protect? Even to the extent … she swallowed painfully … to the extent of getting married to her to do so?

And if he did … the reason for their marriage would no longer exist. Their contract marriage would be over too. Not six months down the line … but with immediate effect.

She tried to push the thought away. This was not the time to think about that. Di, and her problems, came first.

"So … what do you want to do?" she asked fearfully. "Do you want to tell Di? What does Di know? I don't even know that … Arnavji, what else happened in the last week, that I have forgotten? Is Shyamji here still? What have you said to him?"

Arnav sighed. He held her by the arms gently, not because he thought she would run away, but just because he wanted to. Wanted to hold her close, to reassure himself that he could still hold her to him, that she didn't hate him for not believing her.

"Shyam has been missing since the day you rescued me," he told her grimly. "Probably he thinks you will tell everyone about what happened. Maybe he doesn't know that you've lost your memory of those days and you can't tell us what happened. I don't know the reason for his disappearance, his silence. Di is upset about everything, about my kidnapping, Shyam going missing, NK's story of what happened between him and you … the signing of the divorce papers, which now she doesn't want to believe, especially since we can't find those damn papers … everything. Mami is ambivalent. She didn't see the signed papers, but she heard you ask Shyam to divorce Di, and Shyam agreed. NK explained it was a plan, but she is not convinced fully. She is suspicious of both you and Shyam. Nani believes in you completely. That is the situation."

"And you?" Khushi asked him, searching his eyes. "Do you believe me completely too? Or do you still have doubts, Arnavji?"

"I already told you I believed you," he reminded her quietly and she looked away. Then she looked back at him.

"So easily?" she asked clearly. "Why? When you never believed me before? What else happened, Arnavji? What else have I forgotten?"

Arnav looked into those clear hazel depths and felt a sinking feeling deep inside him. Facing her was like facing his own conscience, and it was a difficult thing to do, the feelings of guilt and wretchedness surging inside him making it difficult for him to even meet her eyes.

"I …" his voice sounded harsh and strangled to his own ears, and he had to stop and clear his throat before continuing. "NK told me everything, Khushi. Everything that happened, which you don't remember. He helped you trace me, he helped you set up Shyam and find the copy of the will he tricked you into getting me to sign. He was with you when you came to the warehouse to rescue me. He saw Shyam …" Arnav paused and swallowed again. "He saw Shyam get close to you and tell you he lo …"

"Stop!" Khushi burst out before he could complete his words. A look of revulsion and loathing crossed her face. "Don't call it that. Love has nothing to do with what that man feels. He loves nothing and no one but himself."

"He is obsessed with you," Arnav corrected himself quietly. "There is no better way to put it, Khushi. He was willing to divorce Di for you."

"That's because he was planning to kill you, and he thought with that will, he would get your money also," she replied swiftly. Then she looked confused.

"Did you just tell me that?" she asked. She put a hand to her head, and gazed at him with wide, frightened eyes. "How do I know that?"

Arnav looked at her eagerly.

"Is that what he said? Do you remember anything, Khushi? What he said to you? Did you see him at the warehouse? Neither NK or I did … we can identify the other men, but we didn't see Shyam there. We didn't see the man who snatched your phone away, but NK thinks it was Shyam. The man who held you hostage, the one who fired the gun … did you see his face? Do you remember anything at all, Khushi?"

She paused, closing her eyes and tried to think, willing the shifting, moving images in her head to stop whirling, and settle into firm pictures.

"A warehouse," she said slowly, and Arnav's eyes brightened. He looked at her even more expectantly, and she could see he was struggling to rein in his characteristic impatience.

"Yes, Khushi, a warehouse. Anything else?!"

She frowned, again trying to concentrate.

"Kerosene barrels," she said slowly. "I put water in them. There were some men in a jeep. They went inside the warehouse." 

She stopped. After a long silence, during which she felt Arnav's eyes on her every single second, she looked up miserably.

"I'm sorry," she said, her voice choked. "I don't remember … I don't remember anything more, Arnavji. I remember the warehouse. I can hear the sound of the gun in my head. But I can't remember if he was there. I'm sorry …"

He shook his head and held her hands gently.

"Don't push it," he told her. "The doctor said it would come back slowly. Don't force it, Khushi. It will be all right. Just concentrate on getting better."

She nodded dumbly.

"What else … what else did NK say?" she asked, head low, not meeting his eyes. What else did NK know? Did he know about Shyam staying with them as paying guest, about the sham engagement … had she told NK that too? Arnav had not mentioned any of that.

Arnav shook his head and she noticed he didn't meet her eyes either. A sudden thought struck her, and she looked at him directly.

"So you believe all this because Nanheji told you,' she said softly, tonelessly. "It's not me you believe really, is it?"

Arnav looked at her in dawning horror at what he realized she now believed. "Khushi, no! I believe you, of course I do! I just told you what NK told me, that's all. I … Khushi, Khushi, look at me!!!"

Urgency swept into his tone, but she didn't respond, couldn't respond. She turned her head away from the distress in his face, feeling sick at heart. Nothing had changed after all. She had been a fool to think it might have.

He swung her round to face him, his eyes pleading.

"Khushi, please, believe me! It wasn't just what NK said, it was not. It was what happened when you found me, when we first met, when I called you … Khushi, please remember, please try to remember … dammit, Khushi, you have to remember!!!" The last came out as an anguished plea, as he held her by the arms, his face twisted in distress. Was this how anguished she had felt, when he had refused to believe a word she said? So anguished, so helpless at her inability to prove her words, when she knew every one of them was true?

God, what had he done to her?!

Something in Khushi stopped her from responding, held her back from the pain she saw in his face, his eyes, heard in his voice. She stayed still, quiet in his grip, moving only when he let her go, only to swing across the room in restless quick-paced steps, coming back to her to hold her again, this time more gently.

"Khushi …" he began, and she stopped him.

"I'm asking you what I asked you a little while back," she said tonelessly. "What do you want me to do now?"

"Khushi …" he began again, and she raised her hand silently. He stopped, utter helplessness in his face.

"You want to expose Shyamji's true face to Di," she said, his tone still even and expressionless. He looked at her.

"Yes," he said slowly, reluctantly. He released her arms and took a quick turn around the room again. He looked at her and she felt like crying at the anguish in his eyes.

"I tried to save her marriage, Khushi," he whispered. "I tried my best. But I failed. The man is rotten through and through. I have to make her understand that. I know it will break her, but there's nothing else I can do. I need your help, Khushi."

She nodded. Part of her wanted to rush to him, to hold him, to comfort him, soothe away the pain she could see in his face, but another part held her back. He had married her only to save his sister's marriage. For no other reason. And once that marriage broke, so would hers. That tenuous bond between them would finally snap.

If she tried to soothe his pain, she would not be able to hold back her own.

"I will help you," she spoke through stiff parched lips, lips that felt they could not move. "Whatever I can do, I will do. But I have a request."

His face lit, the anguish fading from it. He came back to her with quick eager steps, and held her hands.

"Anything," he said, making it sound like a promise. "Anything at all, Khushi."

"I want to go home," she said quietly.

He erupted. He roared. He dropped her hands, paced the room, then came back and held her again and tried to push her to change her mind. But Khushi held firm. She needed to go home, to the quiet uncomplicated love and warmth of her parents and Buaji, take some time to mull over what was coming up. And hopefully prepare them for the news that her marriage was on the verge of breaking and she would soon be back with them permanently.

Finally he agreed, very reluctantly indeed, and only when she promised to return as soon as Shyam reappeared.

"You will take both the nurses," he told her firmly. "And you will not go out much. If Shyam thinks you remember everything and can testify against him, he might …"

He stopped in shock. That was an aspect he had not thought of. Khushi's safety. If Shyam thought she could bear witness against him, then he might try to harm Khushi …

"Stay here, Khushi," he pleaded again but knew by the soft set of her lips it was a fruitless task.

"He will not hurt me," she told him. Her lips twisted in a parody of a smile. "That much I do know about him."

But she agreed to Arnav's insistence on stationing guards at the Gupta house, and the nurses. And with that, he had to be content.

Japonica thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Fabulous! That was a superb update, Diya. Khushi's dignity in going back to her parents' home is so touching and poignant.

As for ASR, well,  he needs to stew in his own juices for another while.

I hope your shoulder is fully recovered. Take care.
arjuhi5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
wow awesome part dear...update soon..
cappacuino5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Wow awesome !
Good that Khushi's going back home !
Shows her self esteem !!
Arnav n the Raizada!'s need to repent big time!
They need to make it up to Khushi !
But before that Shyam need to be out of the picture completely !
A superb update ! So eager to read what happens next !
Do update soon !!!!!!!Edited by cappacuino5 - 10 years ago
clover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Loved this update... waiting for the next. I hope she remembers his I love you.😊
farheen75 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Fab update and thank god Khushi kept her self respect and dignity intact... She should let him save his sister's marriage and then let him strive to get her back the same way he strives to make every thing better in his sister's life.
zohakhan7 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Amazing update
continue soon

P.S hope u r fine ?get well soon dear