Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

The Mirage and Oasis Thread 2: Note Page 22 (Page 14)

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 08 June 2013 at 10:02pm | IP Logged
Will update by today evening 6

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

MidnightReadersadianabilakapskushiarnav1lalarukhRiima_AzraaNidsubh007pakpearlChitraF--MISHTEE--dumas

Akanksha- IF-Rockerz
Akanksha-
Akanksha-

Posted: 09 June 2013 at 7:47am | IP Logged
Due to some reasons Rima could not post it. So here Im posting on Rima's behalf.
Read and reviewSmile

Chapter 16

His honest response warmed her heart. He wasn't that bad. His heart was in the right place. Khushi's heart felt a strange lightness at the thought.

'No matter what, you should not punish yourself and definitely not skip meals,' Khushi told him sternly.

'Look who is talking,' he said and gave a lopsided smile.

Forgetting all their differences she smiled back. In that moment a lot of the grudges melted away. She knew he was wrong, but she could not hate or be angry with him, when his repentance was earnest. But why had he been so cruel?

Why was he always so mean?

As if in cue, Arnav said, 'Khushi you must be thinking why I am so paradoxically different with you. Why I am so cruel sometimes and why I regret with all my heart,

If I tell you my story, please promise not to give me any sympathy. Promise not to pity me and change your opinion for that reason.

I am trying to tell you why I am like this just so that you can forgive me.

I have never told anyone all this. But I want to tell you, because I have greatly wronged you,' he said.

'It's ok. It's not a big deal. I have already forgiven you. I don't bear grudges,' she said, and got up to leave.

But his hand shot out and yanked her to the bed.

'No. Listen to me. You will understand me better. And you will know I am not always this cruel. You will know what shaped my behavior.' he said.

She nodded and sat down beside him as he began,

'I must have been 9 when my parents got divorced.

I have no idea if my Dad was already seeing the other woman.

Or, he found her after they got separated.

I don't think the reason for the break up was the other woman though, because from as long as I had seen them they fought. They argued. I have seen my mom break things and scream at  my Dad, I have seen my Dad bang doors and walk away.

My Di and I, were often scared if they would hit us or make us a part of their fights. Funnily, both were loving to us, but mean to each other.

I think the divorce was a natural consequence of their incompatibility. The other woman just added fuel to the fire.

Either ways, my Dad moved on.

But my Mom never could.

Perhaps it was the shock. Perhaps she felt betrayed. Perhaps it was the fact that she was left holding the babies, while father went on to make a life, whatever the reason, my Mom changed----'

At this Arnav's voice cracked a little. Involuntarily, Khushi's hand shot out and touched Arnav's comfortingly. He did not push it away. Neither did he hold hers. He just let her hold his hand.

'Sometimes I felt all her hatred for my Dad turned towards me because I resembled him. She was kinder to Di.

She could not stand me next to her.

I was always doing thing to please her.

I slogged in classes to always be first, to see one smile of approval from her, which never came.

I never did anything other guys did, like drink or smoke or hang around with girls, just to make sure she thought I was a good son. But she never acknowledged it.

I longed for her hugs, which never happened.

I longed for her tenderness, which had disappeared long ago.

I lived in constant fear as the only thing she would say was 'Arnav, you better not be like your Dad. Or, I will leave you forever.'

I did not know if she meant it but all my life I have grown up with the fear if I am like my Dad, because I did not know what would hurt her,' he said and this time he could not continue as his voice was thick with emotion.

'Di, was my only friend. The only person who held my hand on lonely nights. The only person who watched out for me and took care of me. She shielded me from Mom as much as she could.

But Mom took away my only support, by getting her married off when she was 19 and I was 14.

When Di went away I remember wanting to die. But I could not, because I knew, I would leave my Mom alone. I had to go on for her. Ironically, I also wanted to die because of her----'

This time tears rolled down his eyes, unabashed that he was crying.

Khushi did not know when the tears spilled from her eyes for the little lonely boy in front of her. The boy who had never really healed inside.

Throwing caution to the wind she threw her hands around him and hugged him, giving all the warmth she had to him.

This time he hugged her back. He needed her warmth to forget the pain. She smelled like heaven, he noted absently, as his mind continue to relive the past.

'But funny part is, she left me. When I was 18, she told me I was old enough to manage on my own. She told me, her duties were over She had fulfilled her responsibilities.

My father was funding my studies anyway. She put me in college with boarding facilities and left to stay in an ashram.

Till date, she has never made an attempt to see me and she has thwarted all my attempts to see her.

So, here I am, living alone despite having a mother and a father. In the true sense of the word, I was orphaned at 9, and Mom is the word which hurts me the most even today. I am sorry Khushi. When you mentioned her that day, I just lost it' he said burying his face into her hair.

Time stopped as he tried to gain control of himself. She continued to hug him with all the strength she had.

It was a long time before either of them stirred. When he moved, he held her face with rough calloused hands and looked into her eyes

A mistake---because the gentleness and kindness he saw there mixed with the warm tenderness for him, made him yearn for more of that warmth.

Without thinking of the propriety of his actions or the consequences, he bent his head to touch her lips with his--------

Edited by sarunfan4ever - 09 June 2013 at 11:31am

The following 174 member(s) liked the above post:

robedwardzil143anaviabhiipkndFankk10baby2012pra12_anaPantheraoncaMOONISHAprincessep13HugeArshiFannoushiriRanjitha.sindheraniushakaris2395Minamina08namyluvsvkneena2000Anannya_VidaDEEWANI94bazingafanHemaSuryaathiruma1Fatima1422ocean28irama1vajuneSimantharthen1235ea03091malar3lekshgurukhushArshinmesunshineswirlnaina50sangeethbalaowinsvirenxyzw231mssravyakharunyatwinkle662lilyattitudeneel123sumalipaaskhannaSilvergirlspongebobchickAnu179tsultanasskaug25Rujul13sruthirishisimraaantasminesaj111124555Archu61gnainafriteLIONHEARTMidnightReadernarmathabiju21kushi81neevankrishthinkggreenOmkaraDeewanijh006RealityTruthDimz13leabelloAmita2014akyafanina_saahilipkndlover75RithuDSMeherSkaty185Chanyaforeverneha_shahSpoonaithiyamappy..PT..celinawalterAish002famiyamanjusha7BavariNandzFeistyDewdropnissoanonyasrnishaipkkdiansadianabilrizibsaara76mayabhiwildandsweetfaffyshils28anarshismiley13Ashavirenee27meem17MsFuzzybear69rati123MissNadiasaarah96mamidisstories.1408vidya.sanjaymsmarplesrmirjiixrayanky_1205shubhadaskmoonlight2630seshatreedazzlerabikirti123Anamika100swetha_chsmileyhug7679Rhysennfareedevsumhararnavaycma98nihasan__blossom__ApoorvaranirakenduvadanaIronButterflyPhoenixTearskushiarnav1kshubhangiCrazy4SobtiDivyahetkatj..Sri..Pinky.RaizadaJaveria3991nadiafarjanamahrusweetycute_sarunChokri_ASRaaytAnupama.shiv456shree10lalarukhAnupamaJYfrenzyylara3110ashred12melonieflowers4utinselshalini_slaksh65ChitraFpakpearlThanuAditya..Anita..aNkItA.CRiima_Azraapup03ranogillnishu_shorna--Isabella--rimadumas

tina_1234 IF-Stunnerz
tina_1234
tina_1234

Posted: 09 June 2013 at 7:55am | IP Logged
Awesome part.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

then123rima

--MISHTEE-- IF-Sizzlerz
--MISHTEE--
--MISHTEE--

Posted: 09 June 2013 at 8:13am | IP Logged
Loved d update
tat was awesome
OMG dey kissed 
pls update soon
Di do c my pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

then123rima

renee27 Goldie
renee27
renee27

Posted: 09 June 2013 at 11:29am | IP Logged
good one

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rima

Nidsubh007 IF-Sizzlerz
Nidsubh007
Nidsubh007

Posted: 09 June 2013 at 11:35am | IP Logged
Wow! Great update.

Felt so sad for the childhood that Arnav had. I'm glad he told her, and found solace in her arms.

The kiss was so emotional, looking forward to the next part.

rima

Riima_Azraa IF-Sizzlerz
Riima_Azraa
Riima_Azraa

Posted: 09 June 2013 at 11:40am | IP Logged
res 

--edit--

Thanx for posting it hun 

Rima hope everything is OK 

the update was really emotional, Arnav has pain which run sooo deep it's hard to come out of them... I hope Khushi helps him, am sure she will 

it was a beautiful update nonetheless...

he kissed her? spur of the moment thing? 

I hope he doesn't let her go...

Edited by Riima_Azraa - 09 June 2013 at 11:50am

rima

sadianabil Goldie
sadianabil
sadianabil

Posted: 09 June 2013 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Very emotional update.

rima

Go to top