Fan Fictions

The Mirage and Oasis Thread 2: Note Page 22 - Page 6

shree10 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Arnav is affected by Khusi and she is attracted to him.
and Oh No.. Her father is fixing her marriage. No please. Do something and update fast please!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

roshaan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
awesum update dear precap is scarry cont soon
dumas thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
awesome update after everything he did she still could not see him hurt emotional update beautifully done loved hoe she spoke to him he needed to know hurting people came with consequences and the precap what the ... 

vandana.sagar thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Hey, finally an update, I like this Khushi...I like the direction the story is moving towards...please don't make us wait that long for the next part ...am eagerly waiting esp,after that pre cap ! 
Riima_Azraa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I had read this but think forgot to comment 
adithyan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
catching up with the updates after a ong time

😭She had been silent only for him. She could not bear to see him hurt, even now.
She was protecting him, even after all that he had done.
 😭

loved khushi's answer to arnav...
Dimz13 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Arnav shivering in his socks...because of Gupta...? Now this I never saw coming...remorse yes...but fear...never saw that coming...!

Good on you Kushi...for all the times Arnav called u a school girl...you have just shown him how unschool girlish u are...!

But girl u are undeniably in love with this man...how long are u gonna fight..?and since the attraction is there on oth sides..I'm waiting for the combustion to happen...!
faree thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
read all the chapters in one go amazing work and congrats on new thread 
rima thumbnail
As promised

Tomorrow is the 4th Sinday and I am here with an update

Again I would like to remind I will update every 2nd and 4th Sunday

Sorry I am unable to send pms

Thanks for all the likes and comments

The story will get more and more griping

So keep reading
Edited by rima - 10 years ago
rima thumbnail
Chapter 15

'Your dinner' Arnav extended a plate loaded with an assortment of food. Khushi did not get up from the bed or respond to him.

Suddenly she felt a gentle touch on her forehead. Startled she looked up, only to meet a pair of liquid brown eyes that burned with anguish.

'Eat. I am the one who  should go without food for what I did,' he said.

She did not say a word but turned away and said, 'I am not hungry,' and went back to pretending to sleep.

She could sense Arnav lingering to see if she would eat.

But she refused to touch her plate.

It was late in the night and Khushi was hungry.

She looked at the plate.

She did not want any food cooked by him

She would starve rather than eat it

But an hour more and her resolve was shaken

She was hungry

And the plate beckoned her

She lifted the lid to see a whole assortment of food----most of which were in a terrible shape

There were two pieces of burnt toast

There was shaggy, mashed up something that looked like potatoes

There was a glass of milk

And there was a piece of paper

Curious she picked up the paper

The words 'This is the best I can cook. Hope you like it-Arnav' was scribbled on it.

Despite herself she smiled. What a terrible cook!

Well he had at least tried, for her.

Her heart warmed at the thought and she began to eat the most terrible meal of her life----

It was late in the morning she woke up.

There was no sound of Arnav. No sound of anything

The silence was eerie

Had he left to meet the client?  But the meeting was late in the afternoon.

Had he gone out?

Well, it had not taken him much time to leave her alone without even offering her food again.

Something painful twisted in her heart at the thought that he did not care enough.

But she was a brave girl.

She would not be hurt by him again

After freshening up she went to the kitchen.

Things were untouched,

There was a plate of food next to the fridge.

As she stared at it, she realized it was last night's because the same burnt toast, potatoes and milk stared at her.

Oh so the devil had fed her the worst food ever and dined out.

How mean could a person get?

She felt extremely angry with Arnav at that moment and went ahead banging the utensils and making some poha (rice flake mix) and coffee.

She did not want to be in the kitchen, just in case he came in.

Quickly she darted towards her bedroom, passing Arnav's room on the way.

Curiosity overtook her. Was he in and ignoring her? Quickly she glanced in and was shocked to see Arnav slumped on the floor.

'Garima our Khushi is growing up. She is our only daughter. We can't afford to let her do what she wants and risk her life and reputation.

She has gone off to Simla with a strange man and now she is also hurt.

Tomorrow anything can go wrong,' Shashi said, walking up and down the room with agitation.

'But marriage is not the solution to all problems. Women should become independent and learn to deal with the world,' Garima contradicted. She was not one of those mothers who believed a daughter's aim in life should just be marriage and babies. Unfortunately, her husband did not share her emancipated views.

'At what cost should she become strong? What is something happened to her or her reputation. No. I won't allow it. I am her father. I know what is best for her.

I have never been happy that Khushi is working Garima. I think we should consider the proposal which came from Risheek's family.

This rishta (proposal) is good. Risheek is my friend's son. He will be a good match for Khushi.

Khushi will never say no, if I ask her to get married to the boy of my choice.

She loves me a lot.

So when she comes back, let's have the first meeting and then the engagement. I have already seen that their kundlis (horoscopes) are matching. In a month's time she can get married', he said.

'How can you do this to Khushi? What is she wishes to work or wants to marry by her choice? How can you rob her of her right to her own life?' her mother asked with tears in her eyes at her husband's high handedness.

'Garima, 10 years from now when you will hold your grandchild in your arms and see Khushi well settled, you won't cry over her dreams. You will be happy that your daughter is married into a good family, to a good man. Love and all that comes with marriage,' he said stubbornly.

Garima felt a stab of pain, thinking of the fate that awaited Khushi on her return. Could she do something to change her husband's mind? She had no clue.

'His sugar level is low. When was the last meal he ate Mrs Raizada?' the doctor asked. It was the same doctor who had treated her after the accident. Khushi was in no mood to correct the doctor. Since she had his number, she had called him. When she had seen Arnav on the floor, she had been terrified.

She still was. But the doctor's words told her the problem was with his sugar level. She let out the breath she had been holding for ages.

'I don't know. Since I was not well I slept early, Khushi said. Guiltily she remembered she had no asked him if he had eaten, when he had come to give her the food. And then she remembered the plate in the kitchen.

Oh God! He had skipped dinner? Because he thought she had? And here, she had eaten her dinner and let him go hungry. But how was she to know?

'I have given him some injections and here are some medicines. But the most important thing is the food. Make sure he eats regularly,' he said before leaving.

When Arnav woke up Khushi was right beside him. This time it was she who had a plate full of food and a fresh glass of milk.

'Open your mouth,' she commanded.

Like an obedient kid he opened his mouth.

She fed him some mouthfuls, trying to be as business-like as possible.

But every now and then her eyes darted to his face to make sure he was fine. And when she did, his tender gaze made her heart beat faster.

'And now drink the milk,' she commanded.

'I hate milk,' he cribbed.

'You don't have a choice,' she threatened bringing the glass close to his lips.

As he sipped the milk, their gazes locked. Time stopped for both as they felt the undercurrent of a strange emotion that powerfully bound them.

'Why did you skip dinner?' she asked, finally.

'Because you did,' he said.

'And why does it matter?' she asked.

'I have no idea,' he said and looked away.

Edited by rima - 10 years ago