Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Famous Quotes From Bhagvad Geeta.." (Page 2)

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
shaileshsay,

Thanks...but I don't need the complete BG. I think I am familiar enough with the text. I was only asking you write the chapter and verse number whenever you are quoting any verse. That's the common practice because many people (myself included) find it difficult to read Sanskrit when written in English / Roman script. And not all computers support Devanagri script.

As far as Ramanand Sagar goes, I don't think he was very particular about puranic accuracy. He went about his merry ways with Ramayan and took even more liberties with Sri Krishna. So I wouldn't consider his interpretation as being factually correct.

AFAIK, there is no mention of Lord Shiva narrating BG to Parvati. 

On the other hand, when Bhishma chanted the Vishnu Sahasranam lying on his bed of arrows Shiva narrated the same to Parvati.  

And we know that for sure because,in the phalastuti Parvati asks Shiva "Kena Upaayena Laghuna..." meaning  "Do suggest any shorter way to narrate the Vishnu Sahasranamam without losing out on the benefit of chanting it?"

And Ishwara answers with the famous "Sri Rama Rameti Ramay Raamay ..."

Go to top