India-Forums

How practical are the challenges on MasterChef?i

~Raina~ Goldie
~Raina~
~Raina~

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 2:35am | IP Logged
If you guys notice some challenges are extremely silly!
For instance - making something with peels of jackfruit, beet root, chhena, etc... Does anyone really cook with these ingredients?
Make something sweet without sugar, jaggery, etc
Change cooking stations!

I've been to Vikas Khanna's Junoon and the food reminds me of basic ghar ka khaana, just played stylishly.

If you've been to Sanjeev Kapoors Yellow Chilli you'll notice that his food is typical rich food!

Nobody cooks with peels or sweetens dishes without sweeteners.
If you don't, why expect others to?

I understand they are looking for versatility and stuff but how about some practicality?

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

yogithabepari_41memarathiakku8910.Kore...Scarlett..hamzanuhaleavesandwaves-allizwell-

hamzanuha IF-Dazzler
hamzanuha
hamzanuha

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 4:37am | IP Logged
100% agree.

One more point, I'd like to add : the contestants are given just 60 minutes. And mostly the dishes are innovated there & then (or so they portray to us). But in real life, even our regular daily cooking takes almost 1 1/2-2 hours to prepare from start to finish. And innovation does require some thought!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

yogithabepari_41Princess13.-allizwell-

JollyRancher. IF-Sizzlerz
JollyRancher.
JollyRancher.

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 5:19am | IP Logged
Exactly!
Its more like a game show and it all depends on luck... the biggest example is Ishrat's elimination.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pari_41-allizwell-

memarathi Goldie
memarathi
memarathi

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 5:29am | IP Logged
1question comes in mind aft giving challenge they gave only 2 min to take ingredients is it really possible to think abt dish n ing only within 2 min?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-allizwell-

.Kore. IF-Dazzler
.Kore.
.Kore.

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 6:49am | IP Logged
Totally & 100% agree with you.Wink
I m also of the same opinion about the challenges & the twists & tourns the judges.
I ave never been to any restaurents of any of the chefs, but I m of the view that the contestants should be given more time to cooking & for collecting ingredients from the pantry.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pari_41-allizwell-leavesandwaves

-allizwell- IF-Sizzlerz
-allizwell-
-allizwell-

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 9:03am | IP Logged
WOW... I have company...LOL...Good post Raina...Big smile
Agree with u and all others...Big smile

After seeing such odd recipes, i thot, am i that DUMB in cooking...ConfusedOuch??
Wondered, how do the poor contestants manage to break their heads in 2 mins to decide  what stuffs to get from the parlour, even before they know what they r gonna cook...I tried placing myself in their place and i just fished out one thing... I WUD be DeadDead...

And here these people r doing so well , trying out something successfully, yet Ishrat is shown the door...Shocked, the first one to go... plain bad luck...!

They meant the jackfruit peels, but infact all cooked with the flesh... whatever cud be available from those pieces... then why term it CHILKA?? Practically,  we too cook sabji out of raw jackfruit... and discard the chilka... but the way they mentioned cooking with chilka,  it was misleading...!

Anyways, today's episode was lovely, though i felt too much of oil was used in the cauliflower soup... i prefer truly healthy recipes...so no idea how it wud turn out if i tried the same in less oil...!.

.Kore.

ShahZur IF-Sizzlerz
ShahZur
ShahZur

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 9:25am | IP Logged
specially , without health and safety knowledge , contestant was playing with LN2 that is not only gives u severe burn but oxygen depletion too. 

It would have been scene to watch KUKU working with liquid nitrogen

-allizwell-

-allizwell- IF-Sizzlerz
-allizwell-
-allizwell-

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 9:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ShahZur4Cruiser

specially , without health and safety knowledge , contestant was playing with LN2 that is not only gives u severe burn but oxygen depletion too. 

It would have been scene to watch KUKU working with liquid nitrogen

Sorry off topic...Wink

Shahzur... your signature...ROFLmubarakka mubarakka...ROFL

Go to top