Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

KhatamKahani

IF-Sizzlerz

KhatamKahani

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 6:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ilovedhanjanird

There are some things in society which are there because they are. While pre marital sex is personal decision, it effects the society and individuals living in it. In countries like India and other countries in South Asia it is unacceptable. While you are most welcome to have your life to yourself , you are also bringing another life to the community who will have to love with the stigma of being illegitimate child. 
That stigma does not mean that life is doomed for the child.  There are already such situations.  Though I agree that it tends to be in communities where life is not easy.  And that within the more well off circles, they employ other means--though they are the ones who are very much likely to end up in such situations.

Meera, after having found out about the pregnancy wanted to tell Anirudh's family to bring them happiness--to this, I question her a bit, because not all families would take the information well.  Though in the end, it seems she was somewhat right--except for the Nandini situation, and Balraj's happiness is due to his own evil ways.  

If Ani weren't married, and she wasn't accepted, she could've moved to London with her mother.

There are not single moms? Of course there are , unwed mothers too but over the ages people in the western countries have opened up to the idea but it is not still viewed as a completely normal custom. 
It depends which Western country one is talking about, as for some it is pretty normal, while for others as you say, it's not viewed as a completely normal custom.

Meera is not at fault with sleeping a man before marriage .. Agreed .. But when he didn't commit to marry you , why would you? Did she never think this man was fishy ?
He would come and go .. 
Yes, she was stupid.  However even this wasn't something of a fault.  If he had just been a single man who had no intention of marrying her, it would have been still stupid, but still her prerogative to sleep with him.

I am not being shallow when I say meera is at fault .. I wouldn't care if she had sex before or after marriage but that baby is the result of anirudh's betrayal to nandini and also to meera.
When this baby comes to the planet , they will not receive the same love as they would if they were a married woman's child. 

She had no intention of letting the truth to come out.  Once she found out he was married, and also after Nandini's miscarriage, her plan was to leave and never contact them again.  So her decision to keep the child is not a wrong one.  Though I do agree that her reason to keep the child is because she still loves the Ani she spent time with, and she wants to keep the child. However no matter what, it's her choice, and she's not wrong in that.

That said, it also raises probability for more fingers raised.
No matter how modern India is , or how Bollywood is promoting "sex"
Our tradition is still our tradition
And there should be some values

I also think the number of unwed numbers are increasing on television which is not exactly the best message to send out to the young people of our community. 

Television is showing these things because such things are actually a reality.  And actually, television had been showing some 'bold' stories back in the 90s, before it got taken over by Saas Bahu, with a bit of Ekta's premarital sex love stories thrown in there.

And Indian literature, mythos and art are no strangers to pre-marital sex, etc.  It had existed long before modern times.

No, I am not being conservative.
But meera's fault , is to sleep with someone she doesn't know fully of , someone she "assumed" would marry her 

And even that, she is not at fault.  The only problem was that he was a married man, and that I agree she was stupid in noticing the signs.  And I think it's pretty unrealistic in this day and age that the son of the man who heads India's top pharmaceutical company--one whose real name, address and history she had--wouldn't have been found out by her or her peers.  And that's another thing, we never see her friends or peers. We've only seen just her, her mother, Ani and also the children at the school (and maybe that school's headmaster, not sure).

Edited by likarsh - 07 April 2013 at 6:14pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Kittya_CullenilovedhanjanirdAASUS

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Today's society (Page 2)" in Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AASUS

IF-Sizzlerz

AASUS

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 6:32pm | IP Logged
I honestly can't say a right or wrong about Meera.
Unfortunately she believed her boyfriend and did not suspect anything. He was way too nice in front of her. Yeah there was signs that say he is not being completely honest with her, but she didn't take it seriously. It would have helped if she questioned him a lot to get the answers. 
Same for Nandini, so many signs that he's hiding something but she never wanted to suspect that he is having affair so she also got fooled.
These two women just too blindly put faith in Anirudh. They were not being smart but they could not help themselves and just trusted him.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KhatamKahani

Post Reply New Post

Go to top