And if so , there are safety precautions
Also no matter how modern meera is , there should be some values in her
If she stays back in this house despite of everything that's happened
It will be contradictory to her character
It won't be the same woman who refused to follow balraj's rules
It will be a woman who will bow down to his decision

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nitya96starsanjana

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Today's society" in Badalte Rishton Ki Daastan forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

JulieD

IF-Dazzler

JulieD

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
With regards to your last two points. Maybe Meera would not mind living bowing to Balraj as it will mean she gets to stay in Ani's home with his family?

ilovedhanjanird

IF-Sizzlerz

ilovedhanjanird

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 11:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JulieD

<font color="#0000cc">With regards to your last two points. Maybe Meera would not mind living bowing to Balraj as it will mean she gets to stay in Ani's home with his family?</font>

Yeah but why would she want that ? This is the same guy who is responsible for her situation today. Meera is a good person but I don't understand why she would want to remain close to the family where she will only be reminded of her boyfriends betrayal. Why would she want to live here by reminding nandini of her husbands betrayal?

nitya96

nitya96

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 3:14am | IP Logged
i agree... meera has committed a mistake... i hope now meera will not side with balraj to hurt poor helpless nandini...

ilovedhanjanird

IF-Sizzlerz

ilovedhanjanird

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 10:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nitya89

i agree... meera has committed a mistake... i hope now meera will not side with balraj to hurt poor helpless nandini...

I know that she won't but she will be contributing to her agony as she will be living in her house (where nandini grew up) and then also remind her how nandini's marriage was a lie

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KhatamKahani

starsanjana

IF-Rockerz

starsanjana

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ilovedhanjanird

I admit meera is not at fault , she never meant to wrong nandini
But she is at fault for not knowing about ani's wife
She is at fault for sleeping with a man before marriage
She is at fault for brewing an illegitimate child
Under no circumstances should pre marital sex be justified

It will be contradictory to her character  (AGreed)

about this i dont think  she will bow down to his decisions...but if she stays there she wont have a choice but to listen to his decisions

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ilovedhanjanirdKhatamKahani

KhatamKahani

IF-Sizzlerz

KhatamKahani

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 1:48pm | IP Logged

She is not at fault for sleeping with a man before Marriage. I may agree that she may be somewhat  at fault for not knowing in this day and age, that too when the man gave his real info regarding everything else.  I don't see how it's possible for Ani to such a high standing family to not be found out by anyone.  But belief on premarital sex is personal, and it's not some crime or fault. It varies from person to person.

Meera is not at fault.  No matter what. As she said to Agastya, her conscious is clear.  As it should be.  The person at fault is Anirudh and only Anirudh.  As safety precautions, yes she should've been careful.  But she lived an independent life, and she can is entitled to maker her choices after finding out she's pregnant.

And furthermore, Meera has a more liberal mother.  While her mother may not be happy about the pregnancy and Meera's decision to continue with the pregnancy, her mother was not unaware of Meera's relationship.  Meera is not like some other serial characters, where the knowledge that she had premarital sex would be a shock and shame to her family.  I highly doubt her mother has been expecting and believing that Meera and Anirudh have never consummated.  So, no Meera is in no way at fault for having being sexually active before marriage.  She is not going against or behind her mother.  

I do agree with you that if she decides to stay for Balraj, it won't be the same Meera we've seen till now.  This is the Meera who was adamant that she is not at fault. She is the one who was cheated.  She wasn't cowered by Balraj's orders to dress appropriately, and she knows enough of Balraj not to agree to his 'demand' or 'request.'

The Meera we know, she should not stay at that house because Baljraj orders that she can stay.  Especially when Nandini is hell bent against it.  

Edited by likarsh - 07 April 2013 at 2:24pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AASUS

ilovedhanjanird

IF-Sizzlerz

ilovedhanjanird

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 5:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by likarsh

She is not at fault for sleeping with a man before Marriage. I may agree that she may be somewhat at fault for not knowing in this day and age, that too when the man gave his real info regarding everything else. I don't see how it's possible for Ani to such a high standing family to not be found out by anyone. But belief on premarital sex is personal, and it's not some crime or fault. It varies from person to person.

Meera is not at fault. No matter what. As she said to Agastya, her conscious is clear. As it should be. The person at fault is Anirudh and only Anirudh. As safety precautions, yes she should've been careful. But she lived an independent life, and she can is entitled to maker her choices after finding out she's pregnant.

And furthermore, Meera has a more liberal mother. While her mother may not be happy about the pregnancy and Meera's decision to continue with the pregnancy, her mother was not unaware of Meera's relationship. Meera is not like some other serial characters, where the knowledge that she had premarital sex would be a shock and shame to her family. I highly doubt her mother has been expecting and believing that Meera and Anirudh have neverconsummated. So, no Meera is in no way at fault for having being sexually active before marriage. She is not going against or behind her mother.

I do agree with you that if she decides to stay for Balraj, it won't be the same Meera we've seen till now. This is the Meera who was adamant that she is not at fault. She is the one who was cheated. She wasn't cowered by Balraj's orders to dress appropriately, and she knows enough of Balraj not to agree to his 'demand' or 'request.'

The Meera we know, she should not stay at that house because Baljraj orders that she can stay. Especially when Nandini is hell bent against it.

There are some things in society which are there because they are. While pre marital sex is personal decision, it effects the society and individuals living in it. In countries like India and other countries in South Asia it is unacceptable. While you are most welcome to have your life to yourself , you are also bringing another life to the community who will have to love with the stigma of being illegitimate child.
There are not single moms? Of course there are , unwed mothers too but over the ages people in the western countries have opened up to the idea but it is not still viewed as a completely normal custom.
Meera is not at fault with sleeping a man before marriage .. Agreed .. But when he didn't commit to marry you , why would you? Did she never think this man was fishy ?
He would come and go ..
I am not being shallow when I say meera is at fault .. I wouldn't care if she had sex before or after marriage but that baby is the result of anirudh's betrayal to nandini and also to meera.
When this baby comes to the planet , they will not receive the same love as they would if they were a married woman's child.
That said, it also raises probability for more fingers raised.
No matter how modern India is , or how Bollywood is promoting "sex"
Our tradition is still our tradition
And there should be some values

I also think the number of unwed numbers are increasing on television which is not exactly the best message to send out to the young people of our community.
No, I am not being conservative.
But meera's fault , is to sleep with someone she doesn't know fully of , someone she "assumed" would marry her

Post Reply New Post

Go to top