Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

JDJ thread: blab till the show starts (N:P125) (Page 137)

LeadNitrate IF-Sizzlerz
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 23 April 2013 at 2:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ..SalmanGirl..

Embarrassed he was not even taking classes at that time ... he started to take kathak lessons b4 abcd !

sanam johar is am immature choreographer !
^

about sanam johar, he came to NB and farah khan pointed out he is an excellent dancer and bad choreographer. he is yet to learn a lot, focus of choreography should be the person whom you are choreographing for, bring his /her  advantages out and hide flaws. All sanam does is focus on his own dance. even remo and madhuri pointed it out in jdj5.

As for salman, he is from Bangalore, so I assume he has atleast seen people doing the south Indian classical forms , maybe even learnt for a few days. whatever maybe he got the position really well.

As far as his kathak lessons go, that does not influence the half sitting thing we are talking about in any way. kathak is vastly different from the likes of bharatanatyam, mohiniyattam, odissi, kuchipudi, all of which requires a half sitting position and maintaining the position throughout. kathak is just opposite. your knees cannot bend or knock. like jazz for lack of better comparison. Straight legs.
So usually if someone takes kathak lessons, they actually have difficulty in picking up the position of other forms or if they know other forms, their performance takes a step back if they r not thoroughly trend.
What I am trying to say is, I was mighty impressed by salman in jdj4 and his posture and it has nothing to do with him learning any classical form. And for all I know learning kathak might actually make it worse.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

togepe30

MsFoodyTwoShoes IF-Sizzlerz
MsFoodyTwoShoes
MsFoodyTwoShoes

Posted: 23 April 2013 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tannipartner

Originally posted by ..SalmanGirl..

Embarrassed he was not even taking classes at that time ... he started to take kathak lessons b4 abcd !

sanam johar is am immature choreographer !
^

about sanam johar, he came to NB and farah khan pointed out he is an excellent dancer and bad choreographer. he is yet to learn a lot, focus of choreography should be the person whom you are choreographing for, bring his /her  advantages out and hide flaws. All sanam does is focus on his own dance. even remo and madhuri pointed it out in jdj5.

As for salman, he is from Bangalore, so I assume he has atleast seen people doing the south Indian classical forms , maybe even learnt for a few days. whatever maybe he got the position really well.

As far as his kathak lessons go, that does not influence the half sitting thing we are talking about in any way. kathak is vastly different from the likes of bharatanatyam, mohiniyattam, odissi, kuchipudi, all of which requires a half sitting position and maintaining the position throughout. kathak is just opposite. your knees cannot bend or knock. like jazz for lack of better comparison. Straight legs.
So usually if someone takes kathak lessons, they actually have difficulty in picking up the position of other forms or if they know other forms, their performance takes a step back if they r not thoroughly trend.
What I am trying to say is, I was mighty impressed by salman in jdj4 and his posture and it has nothing to do with him learning any classical form. And for all I know learning kathak might actually make it worse.
yeah got that ...im not that knowledgeble wen it comes to techniques ..specially indian  classical  nor intrested too...im more into western ..thats wat i have done   LOL btw wen sanam appeared on nach baliye ..??  oh i salute farah for that LOL
LeadNitrate IF-Sizzlerz
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 23 April 2013 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
Luckily I hav best of both. Last week I think, with parag, it was contestant choreo.combo for an act.
MsFoodyTwoShoes
MsFoodyTwoShoes

Posted: 23 April 2013 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
i cannot tolerate nb for more than 10 minutes ...accidently i switched to star last saturday and saw dimpy performing horror act ...which just reminded of something ... that was the 4th act in my list which was copied from the choreography of the jhalak 5 choreographers ... they cant even b original ...just wonder who watch it ...

sheenug

Real.Madrid IF-Sizzlerz
Real.Madrid
Real.Madrid

Posted: 23 April 2013 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tony_StraK786

par apun kisi ka phanka nahe re LOL

Sirf Salman ka if I am right LOL?

"So usually if someone takes kathak lessons, they actually have difficulty in picking up the position of other forms or if they know other forms, their performance takes a step back if they r not thoroughly trend."

I guess you're right about this ^^ I am not really into Indian forms of dancing as I am more HipHop and Jazz based, however I do know a Bharatnatyam and Kathak professional dancer and that's what that person told me as well.
I don't know but Indian dancing is not really my thing.. apart from Bhangra Tongue But even the Bhangra I had taught a few years ago was influenced by HipHop.
MsFoodyTwoShoes
MsFoodyTwoShoes

Posted: 23 April 2013 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
what colors will take to onair the show in mid-may ... ?? Pinch 
LeadNitrate IF-Sizzlerz
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 23 April 2013 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
Salman girl, thats nothing. 90% of acts are.did copy and Terrence sat and praised them as unique act.

Ksean: I am bharatnatyam dancer and a close friend of mine is kathak dancer. She has huge problems trying to get the pose.right.
I have no problem with hiphop but I find popping difficult and also locking a bit. Bhangra actually have a lot of hip.hop.b boying elements.

MsFoodyTwoShoes

TheRowdiest IF-Stunnerz
TheRowdiest
TheRowdiest

Posted: 23 April 2013 at 9:29pm | IP Logged
i have never ever seen a good bhangra performance in any dance show 

all they do is basic steps 

no one tries this 

hope we can see something like this in JDJ ... high level 

Go to top