Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

goingreen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

Hi friends! I wasn't planning on putting up another update just yet, but MisHumptyDumpty's excitement over it made me break my resolve haha. So this one's for you! (:

Mangalpur Madness: Part 2

Asad couldn't sleep at all that night, as he tossed and turned on his bed restlessly. He didn't mean to hurt Zoya's feelings; he just didn't want her to get hurt. Why could't she see that? And he really didn't want to travel to Mangalpur with Tanveer. Mangalpur was his and Zoya's thing. Sure, Mangalpur was miles away from being anything close to Jannat for either of them, considering that they both almost died there, but they also had some really memorable times there. He didn't want Tanveer to come with him and spoil all those memories. It would be like crossing some invisible line. Asad decided that he would tell Tanveer in the morning that he just wants to go alone, before his mind finally found peace and let him fall asleep.

In the morning, Asad waited for Tanveer impatiently in the living room. He would just tell her directly and be done with it, no chickening out. He looked up at the staircase. "Tanu!!" Asad exclaimed immediately, when he saw Tanveer start her way down the flight of steps to the living room. To his utter horror, his abruptness in calling out to her startled her so badly that she fell down the stairs! "Tanu! Are you okay?" Asad asked in panic, as he approached her.

Dilshaad, Zoya and Najma came to the living room in a hurry as soon as they heard the commotion. Tanveer was sitting on the ground clutching a visibly swollen ankle, and groaning loudly. They walked over to help Tanveer to the sofa, as Asad took out his phone to call the doctor. It was only when he finished the phone call that he noticed Zoya. She was on her knees, pressing an ice pack to Tanveer's ankle, but it was what she was wearing that confused Asad. She was dressed up in a yellow salwar kameez, looking more beautiful than she already does. Where was she going?

"Miss Farooqui, aap kahan jaa rahi ho?" Asad asked, verbalizing his thoughts for a change. Zoya stared at him blankly, but before she could answer him, the doctor arrived. Asad continued staring at Zoya while the doctor checked Tanveer's ankle, mesmerized at how beautiful she looked. He didn't even realize when the doctor was done with the check-up.

"Mr Khan? Excuse me, Mr Khan?" the doctor gently patted Asad on his arm to get his attention. Asad finally tore his eyes away from Zoya and looked at the doctor questioningly. "The patient has sprained her ankle quite badly, I suggest she rest at home for a few days," the doctor advised, once he got Asad's attention. Asad nodded and thanked him, before walking him to the door. Pumped with resolve, he walked back to the sofa confidently thereafter, secretly relieved that he didn't need to come up with any excuse not to bring Tanveer anymore. The excuse had presented itself.

"Najma, please bring Tanu back to her room. Tanu, please get some rest, I'll go off to Mangalpur myself," Asad announced in a no-nonsense manner. Tanveer began to open her mouth to protest, but she really was in pain. Taking comfort in the fact that if she wasn't going, Zoya wasn't either, she agreed and began limping to her room with Najma's support. "And Najma after that, please get back to your studies. Or I'm sure you remember my plan to find you a husband in Mangalpur," Asad kid with his little sister, ruffling her hair a little. Najma just laughed and playfully punched Asad's arm. Zoya's heart warmed watching the siblings' love for each other.

Once Najma and Tanveer left, Asad turned his attention back to Zoya. He crossed his arms across his chest and looked her up and down before finally stopping at her face, eyebrow raised. Zoya rolled her eyes and began to speak. "Aap ne kaha tha na, that you don't want me to go to Mangalpur with you, and that you'd rather go alone? So go! But don't forget Mr Khan, Maryam ne specially mujhe bhi invite kiya tha. So I'll make my way there myself, I won't burden you don't worry," Zoya spoke confidently, before marching back to her room. Dilshaad just smiled sheepishly at Asad, and he figured that Zoya probably made this plan with his ammi since yesterday. He groaned inwardly. Zoya came back out armed with her suitcase, and began walking to the door without turning to look at him. "Allah hafiz Phuphi!" she announced, as she stepped out of the door.

"Don't be stupid Miss Farooqui, since you've decided that you're going despite my saying that you shouldn't, let's just go together," Asad said in a dangerously calm voice. But the truth was, the fact that Zoya had decided to travel alone to Mangalpur of all places scared the hell out of him. Zoya turned back to him and smiled knowingly. "Whatever you say Mr Khan!" Zoya chirped, as she walked happily towards his car. Asad shook his head and began following her out, suitcase in hand. "Allah hafiz Ammi," Asad stopped and said to his mom, as he hugged her goodbye. "Allah hafiz Asad, and please try not to be too mean to Zoya okay?" Dilshaad said laughingly, as she cupped her son's face. Asad just gave her a slight smile and gruff nod before walking to the driver's seat. It was going to be a long ride to Mangalpur.

XXX

So it seems janu1610 had guessed correctly! Tanveer did get injured :p Okay but the weekend is over, so the next update will probably be next weekend haha. And I'd just like to re-emphasize that I will not be sending out PMs. I write just because I enjoy it so much, so if I spend time sending out PMs, I'll have less time left to write. If you like the story so far, it's my humble request that you simply follow this thread during weekends. Thank you for all the support!! (:

Edited by goingreen91 - 11 years ago
Eternal1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This was good ...write the next part soon!!!!
fee-fee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Next weekend!!!!!!
* faint * what is wrong with u!!!!! Please update sooner! (I'll give u cake!) 😆
giee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
okay i just read both d parts
n dey r awesome 👏
wese bhi i love mangalpur
wahan itna mangal jo hota  hai 😆
hehehehe  🤣
update sooon  😃

Wow ..so finally she is gng with him

Love the update

Dnt worry no need 4 pm .will follow ur thread

As I loved it so much
WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7
NEXT WEEKEND? i will kill you! >.< haaow haoow good is this! i so so sosososososoo love you! Pleaaaseee continueee pleaseee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
goingreen thumbnail
Originally posted by: fee-fee

Next weekend!!!!!!
* faint * what is wrong with u!!!!! Please update sooner! (I'll give u cake!) 😆

Okay haha if the cake is nice I'll think about it :p
goingreen thumbnail
Originally posted by: giee

okay i just read both d parts
n dey r awesome 👏
wese bhi i love mangalpur
wahan itna mangal jo hota  hai 😆
hehehehe  🤣
update sooon  😃

Haha! You know something funny, I was going to name my SS Mangal in Mangalpur, but then I thought maybe it wouldn't be too appropriate hahaha.
goingreen thumbnail
Originally posted by: MisHumptyDumpty

NEXT WEEKEND? i will kill you! >.< haaow haoow good is this! i so so sosososososoo love you! Pleaaaseee continueee pleaseee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Haha glad you enjoyed it! Uni takes up all of my time in weekdays, I don't even have time to breathe. So no promises!!
sweetnandu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
awesome.. pls cont soon..