India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

Vamp's BG ~ Le Flop Story ^_^ [edited]

Madame_Noddy IF-Dazzler
Madame_Noddy
Madame_Noddy

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 10:42am | IP Logged
Hola peeps!!!Big smile So howz everyone? Good? Great? Awesome? Dancing the Conga? In the mood to kill Tanveer and Razia?LOL So am I...Trust me *Zoya style* I know everyone is SUPAAH happy after the AWESOME way Asad miyan is shown to be publicly proposing to Zoya in public. (I got my Mangalpur-wala-Asad back! YIPPEEE!!!! *Zoe style* Well then peeps lets get to the main point then shall we!  

So, today in class while my Physics teacher was solving yet another wrong equation on the boardGeek I sat contemplating (read: day-dreaming) on the one of the biggest mysteries of my lifeLOL...that is, Background Scores of Serials, and a thought-wala-missile struck my empty little head.Shocked              
                  When we get happy scenes, BG score is happySmile; Sad scenes, sad BGCry; and Romantic scenes Romantic BGEmbarrassed and a typical Mitwa type song. Then why, for the sake of all that's holy, WHY do the CVs think of crappy sounding animal calls or a stupid sounding part of the villain's name (to be put on repeat) to make up the BG score for the villain??!!!Shocked Why? I scream KYUN??!! Surely the vamps are not wildlife activists...they sure don't seem like itStern SmileD'oh

Seriously, will anyone please tell me what the vamp's BG score do for the serial?! Rather than sounding evil they make us laugh or shift uncomfortably in our places thanks to their sheer weirdness (or grossness). I remember there used to be a serial called Kasauti Zindagi Kay where whenever the vamp called Komolika used to enter with her hideous make-up, we got to hear a BG score like "ting ting ting ...Nikaaa...Likaaa..." (or something)ROFL...Seriously, like what was that?! I used to laugh every time I heard that and I was only seven then (children are supposed to be scared of vamps right?!)Confused

And now, we have Qubool hai. Whenever, I say again, whenever we get a potentially great scene (read: a Mitwa scene *dreamland*Day Dreaming) , enters Madame Tanveer with the score "ting ting ting ting ting Billo Rani, Billo Rani, meow meow meow"ROFL'.Imagine, I am sitting on the edge of the bed...looking (read: Pervertedly gaping) at my AsYa, relishing the rare Asad's OOC moment where he has brought the cheesecake for Zoya and they are having a Mitwa BG and intense EYE SEX...I keep gaping without batting an eyelid and am unconsciously drooling when suddenly - "ting ting ting ting ting Billo Rani, Billo Rani, meow meow meow...'' and I fall off the edge of the bedOuch. Rubbing my sore behind I look up to realize that madam Tannu has come to make a call to our dear Razia...and hence the BG. This is what hideous Vamp BG scores do to viewers. Period.Stern Smile

Again we are having another emotional scene where Dilshad and Najma are hugging and crying with Zoya and we have an emotional BG...I am watching again without moving an inch and am snifflingCry...and itne mein madame's face is shown with the tiny dialogue "Sunkar bura laga Zoya" and we get two repeats of "meow meow"..."ABAR (AGAIN)??!!" I scream out. Yes. Really. And my dad comes running from the adjacent room to ask what happenedShocked. True Story. QH does that to me. Trust me *yet again, Zoya style*LOL

BG scores of other types of scenes like happy, sad, funny or romantic ones enhance the scene and make it more appealing to the audience (and drool-worthy for the fan girls, i.e, us) but the vamp's?!Dead Is there anyone here who thinks that the weird "meow-meow" thing does any good to the scene or makes Tanveer (or for that matter any villain/vamp) seem scarier?!Confused Hopefully not. And the animal call thing. Don't even get me started!Ermm May be one day we will see that the BG score has been updated from small animal's and bird sounds to wolf howls. No seriously. Imagine the following scenario:

Hero (angrily): Ye kya kiya tum ne?!!! Meri saari files mein gadbad kar di!!!Angry

Heroine(sobbing already): Maine aisa kuch nahi kiya! Main to bas'.Cry

Vamp(in a disgustingly sweet voice): Galtiya ho jaati hain'.kuch nahi hoga!Evil Smile

Hero(To vamp): Aap isey zyaada support mat kijiye! (To heroine) Kuch seekho tum issey!!!
Me: Censored

And all this while the BG score changes from a tension-wala music to "ting ting ting aaawwwooo, aaawwwooo"(wolf howl) whenever the vamp is shown or she speaks.

Stern Smile

All this weirdness-meter-defying music makes me want to dedicate this song to all those Vamps and VillainsWink

(To the tune of"Badshah main Badshah")
Villain hoon main, Jaanwar bhi hoon,
Har ek serial main shaamil bhi hoon,
Heroine ko sataana, scenes kharab karna,
Bas yehi hain meri kasoor!
Audience ke gaali se main darti nahin,
 Hero ke maar se main marti nahin!

Villain main villain, villain main villain,
Villain main villain, villain!!!
Wacko

This post is entirely my two cents (or a stupidly long essay) on a topic that that has been eating my head for quite some timeSilly And Crap it is. Thank you for letting me torture your eyes (and head) for a while Comments are encouraged and cherished, and loved, and worshiped and (I can go on...)Embarrassed. So please people, please tell me what you think *puppy dog face.*

Important Note : no bashing intended. This is nothing against all those wonderful actors/actresses who essay the roles of villains/vamps flawlessly in the serials. This is entirely on what I feel about their BG scores. That's it.

[EDITED]

Edited by loveQH - 20 April 2013 at 3:47am

The following 32 member(s) liked the above post:

cindrella_11AthikinbindasssAsya6...SankaDevi...fee-feeilvudayDivineRealmishqbaaz4evertashug9AmayaaNiharika17asya04WhenInRomeSiri22sneaky-ajnikki.171LoveAsYa222--Ariana---Shormi-sam..SoHu._sweetannu_kankabhor-jawaria-viya.mallik4eva...OohLaLa...Nithiya95LivingfreeMisHumptyDumptySHERLOCKed_-MitwaIshqPe-

Madame_Noddy IF-Dazzler
Madame_Noddy
Madame_Noddy

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 11:47am | IP Logged
53 views and not even one comment?! Itna bhi bura likhi hoon kya??? Koi like hi nahi karta, comment toh dur ki baat hai! Kya yaar! Cry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LoveAsYa222

nikki.171 IF-Dazzler
nikki.171
nikki.171

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 11:57am | IP Logged
There is one positive outcome perhaps? We come to hate the bg music so much, it only fuels our anger for the villian.. and well villians are supposed to be hated? Thus, mission accomplished! Altho, there wer a few, rare villians bgs that I lyked. Cant seem to pinpoint a single one rite now.
Aww poor soul.. facing the torture of physics? Been there so uv got a sympathizer..
P.S A wondeful topic. BGs enhance a scene so dey need their due importance.
PPS. Ur post had me cracking up. I prolly looked lyke a lunatic laughing into my hands while being slumped against a corner ro stifle my giggles so my mom wouldnt notice.
PPPS. Kudos for the brilliant and apt transformation of " Baadshah ". ROFLMAO! Girl uv got the talent..

Edited by nikki.171 - 06 April 2013 at 12:00pm

Madame_Noddy

Madame_Noddy IF-Dazzler
Madame_Noddy
Madame_Noddy

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
And hey guys if anyone sees this can you plz give a link for Surbhi's performance in IBD today??? i missed it.Cry

Edited by loveQH - 06 April 2013 at 12:23pm
Madame_Noddy IF-Dazzler
Madame_Noddy
Madame_Noddy

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikki.171

There is one positive outcome perhaps? We come to hate the bg music so much, it only fuels our anger for the villian.. and well villians are supposed to be hated? Thus, mission accomplished! Altho, there wer a few, rare villians bgs that I lyked. Cant seem to pinpoint a single one rite now.
Aww poor soul.. facing the torture of physics? Been there so uv got a sympathizer..
P.S A wondeful topic. BGs enhance a scene so dey need their due importance.
PPS. Ur post had me cracking up. I prolly looked lyke a lunatic laughing into my hands while being slumped against a corner ro stifle my giggles so my mom wouldnt notice.
PPPS. Kudos for the brilliant and apt transformation of " Baadshah ". ROFLMAO! Girl uv got the talent..

Yay! one coment finally! and that too long-wala!!! thaanks a lot dear for liking my rambling!!! And am i that funny?. wow! *self-satisfied smirk*

nikki.171

MisHumptyDumpty IF-Stunnerz
MisHumptyDumpty
MisHumptyDumpty

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:17am | IP Logged
Gosh Sirja how funniw could you be?! ROFL ROFL

awesome post!

Ahh i love that meaao meaaoo! i wish to see some meeaoows side by side too in a few days ROFL ahahhaa 

Madame_Noddy

...OohLaLa... IF-Sizzlerz
...OohLaLa...
...OohLaLa...

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:32am | IP Logged
ROFL ROFL ROFL im waiting for the day when we will get wolf howls and dog's bow bow too ROFL

Madame_Noddy

Madame_Noddy IF-Dazzler
Madame_Noddy
Madame_Noddy

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MisHumptyDumpty

Gosh Sirja how funniw could you be?! ROFL ROFL

awesome post!

Ahh i love that meaao meaaoo! i wish to see some meeaoows side by side too in a few days ROFL ahahhaa 

Funny?" Am i? " *zoya style* Wow!!! Dhinka chika dhinka chika!! thanks ankie di!

Go to top