Arjun

India-Forums

Arjun
Arjun

Unconventional going the conventional way?

Meself IF-Rockerz
Meself
Meself

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 10:29am | IP Logged
Disclaimer: This post isn't anti or pro anybody. Just a little something popped in my head and hence the post. Drop in your thoughts as well.

So I've recently started watching this series called "The Beauty and The Beast" on CW. And I loved the way the characters of Catherine and Vincent have been sketched out. Both are tainted, flawed characters that have horrendous past haunting them. And amid that they fall for each other 'cause they can see their pain in each other. Now having seen that I couldn't help but compare Arjun and Vincent.

Arjun is shown as someone who is broken beyond repair. Now honestly tell me, young, free and bubbly: are these characters enough to fix a man like Arjun? Its almost like a stock material wherein a broken brooding man is moved by an innocent pretty young thing! Done to death!? Don't you think? Ever since day one its been shown how difficult it is for him to cope up with his pain. And then suddenly we have some really chirpy PYT as his new love interest. That doesn't go down with me.

When Riya had been there in ETF there was an indication that she might have a past, which why I had been waiting for a romantic angle to unfold. But alas that was not meant to be. Which why I thought it might be Aisha. But even that was chalked out. I loved Saakshi. She seems to be a breath of fresh air in the team. But is that a reason good enough for Arjun to fall for her?
This show offers a bold storyline that is actually first of its kind. So far the CVs have kept it close to reality, then why spin a completely different loop that makes you go 'been there; done that'.

No wonder Arjun and Saakshi would make a good looking couple but I am not happy with the characterization. I had wanted someone similar to Arjun, who could see through his pain and help him cope with while dealing with her own and Arjun in turn doing the same. Wish CVs had kept it close to reality this time!

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

RSG19kirthiiibhoomi.sxXxNoreen786xXxbutterfly7bright_star89shreya09SeharishFatimaShobhit18naughtykittyyyaroojarainlife93shona14-Carrie-Love_ArnieAaliya_Fizzprava55663xaviara_TaNi_Hue.SplashDivineDarkness

sunshine94 IF-Dazzler
sunshine94
sunshine94

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 10:35am | IP Logged
nahi yaar its always opposite attract,,,,,,,,,u wont know who in wat way will ease ur pain,.,.,.,.,.

i think the charactr of sakshi is best suited for arjun

kis aur ka dard samajne keliye khud dard mein doobe hone zaroori tho nahi

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sanjanavgktharu23kojagoryfanMeselfprava55663zan101

Meself IF-Rockerz
Meself
Meself

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 10:38am | IP Logged

I know that theory holds good but I still think this could have been a better angle!

Edited by Meself - 06 June 2013 at 8:23am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

prava55663

Aaliya_Fizz IF-Sizzlerz
Aaliya_Fizz
Aaliya_Fizz

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 10:43am | IP Logged
wo angle aisha ke st try karliya..LIKE polesLOL
i think sakshi's character fits perfectly for that jobWink

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sanjanavgkMeselfprava55663

prava55663 IF-Sizzlerz
prava55663
prava55663

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 10:46am | IP Logged
They have tried to show something larger than life kind of thing...

She is extra friendly..and when someone don't respond back...you tend to become curious.same thing with her...
 They slightly changed ria's character and came with new role sakshi...

Totally filmy tha...like a Karan Johar film ki heroine ki tarah ...who can make any guy fall in love..

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

butterfly7kojagoryfannaughtykittyyylife93shona14MeselfHue.Splash

prava55663 IF-Sizzlerz
prava55663
prava55663

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 10:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Meself

I know that theory holds good but I still think this could have been a better angle!

. I think a talkative girl can make a arrogant man speak...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sanjanavgklife93Meself

naughtykittyyy IF-Dazzler
naughtykittyyy
naughtykittyyy

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 10:49am | IP Logged
got ur point n i agree wid u ...bt at da end of da day its a fiction ..dey cnt show a charctr whch hv resmblnc wid riya or aysha 's chrctr...dat can b dngrs as coupl regrdng fights cn strt agn or it can remind our old wine miss dimple doll  dats whyy...eithr of dat u r r wright in real life its dfclt accrdng 2 me...bt i like dis refrshng mood of serial

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Meselfprava55663

kirthiii Senior Member
kirthiii
kirthiii

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 10:49am | IP Logged
Even though Sakshi's character seems bubbly and happy, she seems to understand the pain that Arjun is going through... You don't have to have a painful past to see the pain in someone else... And it also doesn't mean that happy people can't understand other people's sorrows... They are what they are...Smile I hope the track goes well...

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

RSG19sanjanavgkgoodluck1Liza.kojagoryfanMeselfprava55663

Go to top