Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

India-Forums

Episode 239 Discussion: 6th April 2013 (Page 9)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Srushti-

Haye haye...My ability is not in questionLOL and no..he is not one dimensional..but for me layered means deep..and RK is not deep...he is most of the time as shallow as they get...he is complex and twisted..but layered will be the one which we have to unravel...and that is not being done here...there is no unraveling RK...except for he himself doing it...dont know..layered actually makes me think of some characters which I had rather not bring in this thread...LOL

lol I guess it's just different ways of looking at it...to me layered means things happening at multiple levels, for multiple reasons...If all of RK's actions and thought processes could only be summed up in word EGO then toh kahaani khatam...nothing else to interpret or look at...but ego drives him, it's not the sum of him...not to me atleast.

I don't think layers necessarily need to be peeled back for them to be layers...Layers can be complex and twisted.

He's not shallow as far as I can see...he's self-absorbed...there's a bit of a difference.

Why is he not deep, Srush? We've seen the highs and the lows...the worst and the best...the devil and then the not so devil...how can he be all of those and simply SHALLOW?  For a character as unpredictable as him, I'd hardly call him shallow...he can be childish, he can be mule-headed...but I don't think he's shallow.

LOL now you  don't want to bring in other characters? Jab Saras ki baat hoti hai, tab you don't want toTongueLOL

Edited by AreYaar - 06 April 2013 at 1:11pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

UDEYblacklamboAngeenaamrithas_charu_-Srushti-leelaa9

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Originally posted by 0-SD-0

AreYaar,

My kind request to you.  Please don't use that much big font size and that too bolded in your quoted responses. Its not a pleasant feeling to be honest...I have to make myself forget the font size to concentrate on the matter of your post.

Regards,
SD

Errr too big font size?ConfusedConfusedConfused I just bolded one line of a sentence I was replying too...didn't know even that wasn't against the rules of IF now...but ok whatever floats the boat.

Thank you. 

Well until 2nd April, it was IF rule in advice manner. In the past I too went for Font size 3 to emphasize my say sometimes.  But with almost anything being reported to MB Development Team these days, the font size has to be heeded so that we are not stalked. In the the new circular of guidelines as amended on 2nd April 2013, font size rule is there.

There have been increasing instances of this thread being stalked, reported and editing action taken by the MB Dev Team.

Personally, I am not liking that.  
I am more interested in keeping the place in harmony and also that looks beautiful.  Other things ...just on FYI basis, we already have quoting policy for this thread...the first post...to quote only the relevant or significant...like you MUST quote the entire post and it is justified, then its okay.

All,
This is not just for AY, this is for everyone of us.

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 06 April 2013 at 1:14pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

UDEYanastasia21amrithasriver123AngeenaAnanya05_charu_Fortitudeleelaa9AreYaar

-Srushti- IF-Sizzlerz
-Srushti-
-Srushti-

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 1:21pm | IP Logged

Haye haye...My ability is not in questionLOL and no..he is not one dimensional..but for me layered means deep..and RK is not deep...he is most of the time as shallow as they get...he is complex and twisted..but layered will be the one which we have to unravel...and that is not being done here...there is no unraveling RK...except for he himself doing it...dont know..layered actually makes me think of some characters which I had rather not bring in this thread...LOL

lol I guess it's just different ways of looking at it...to me layered means things happening at multiple levels, for multiple reasons...If all of RK's actions and thought processes could only be summed up in word EGO then toh kahaani khatam...nothing else to interpret or look at...but ego drives him, it's not the sum of him...not to me atleast. No I agree...Ego doesnot sum it up...Ego is not the only thing that drives him or defines him...he is much much more...

I don't think layers necessarily need to be peeled back for them to be layers...Layers can be complex and twisted.
yes they can be complex and twisted but everything that is complex and twisted...I wont say it is layeredLOL 
He's not shallow as far as I can see...he's self-absorbed...there's a bit of a difference.

Why is he not deep, Srush? We've seen the highs and the lows...the worst and the best...the devil and then the not so devil...how can he be all of those and simply SHALLOW?  For a character as unpredictable as him, I'd hardly call him shallow...he can be childish, he can be mule-headed...but I don't think he's shallow.
he is shallow because he is self centered...even after all this, it is about him..how can Madhu forget him?? how can she move on without him???It has to reach a level where he genuinely makes it about her too,...I know he rushed to the site hearing about the bomb blast..but still ...he is yet to acknowledge the hurt he has caused..he has ruined a life..and he is still feeling that he is the one being wronged..it is that which makes him self centric and to some extent callous...it is when he rises above himself, I will call him deep...he is a pampered spoiled child..whose mother did not have the right discipline methods...the proverbial ostrich...
LOL now you  don't want to bring in other characters? Jab Saras ki baat hoti hai, tab you don't want toTongueLOL Oh I was thinking more on the lines of Kesar...for me he is the ultimate paragon of a layered character that ever was ...Saras did not cross my mindLOL it seems like he crossed yours thoughTongue

Edited by -Srushti- - 06 April 2013 at 1:25pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjublacklamboAngeena_charu_leelaa9AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 1:48pm | IP Logged

he is shallow because he is self centered...even after all this, it is about him..how can Madhu forget him?? how can she move on without him???It has to reach a level where he genuinely makes it about her too,...I know he rushed to the site hearing about the bomb blast..but still ...he is yet to acknowledge the hurt he has caused..he has ruined a life..and he is still feeling that he is the one being wronged..it is that which makes him self centric and to some extent callous...it is when he rises above himself, I will call him deep...he is a pampered spoiled child..whose mother did not have the right discipline methods...the proverbial ostrich... LOL and then you say he's not layered? The very fact that you're bothered by him not acknowledging his mistakes makes him layered...the reasons why he can't acknowledge his mistakes but is still unable to help himself from being concerned about and instantly drawn to Madhu make him layered.

The reason why he's layered is because you can't call him callous simply on the basis of one set of circumstances...if he's callous, then why is bothered by the pain in Madhu's eyes? Why is he concerned about her when she's hurt like when she twisted her ankle? Why is the concern so INSTINCTUAL while at the same time there is a pathological need to WIN and prove his point too? He is BOTH these things...THAT is why he is layered and complex...he can't be slotted or labeled into one category, that is why is layered.

Him being a spoilt proverbial ostrich does not take away his layers...who says a self-centered character can't be layered?  These qualities infact make him more human and complex...cuz you can't figure him out...what he'll do the next instant...for even his selfishness is driven by too many complexities to even articulate easily.

Oh I was thinking more on the lines of Kesar...for me he is the ultimate paragon of a layered character that ever was ...Saras did not cross my mindLOL it seems like he crossed yours thoughTongue LOL I was talking about Kesar too, Madam...my point was that last time I mentioned Gulaal in your pyaare Sanyaasi ka thread, you told me there is no point mentioning and comparing Gulaal to your Saras ka showLOL

shanmanjublacklamboAngeenaamrithas_charu_leelaa9

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 1:58pm | IP Logged
P.S. Srush, I think he WILL make it about Madhu one day...but that one's going to be an AVALANCHE that I don't think he's ready for yet...for a character who uses Ego as both his weapon as  well as defense mechanism, it is too much to allow himself to be THAT vulnerable...today I saw that in RK...that FEAR of admitting the truth...admitting that he was wrong...cuz it's like one thread that if he allows to unravel, then EVERYTHING will unravel for him...it's what keeps him going...he can't face it.

I see a character that doesn't yet have the strength to bear the ENORMITY of the truth...for it's then not just about admitting he was wrong but also opening himself up to the TRUE impact of his love for Madhu...for now he just acts out in confused ways...but if he was ever to really realize what he did, he would completely shatter from that realization I think

Maybe that is why the writers keep him swinging in b/w...not letting the realization fully happen...

The kind of mistakes he's made, the way he's treated Madhu, he deserves to feel the pain of loss badly too...and destiny likes to laugh at him by taking things away from him even as he goes about playing God.

Somewhere this is a game b/w RK and his destiny too.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjuUDEYblacklamboriver123AngeenaamrithasMFarah13_charu_leelaa9

-Srushti- IF-Sizzlerz
-Srushti-
-Srushti-

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 1:59pm | IP Logged

he is shallow because he is self centered...even after all this, it is about him..how can Madhu forget him?? how can she move on without him???It has to reach a level where he genuinely makes it about her too,...I know he rushed to the site hearing about the bomb blast..but still ...he is yet to acknowledge the hurt he has caused..he has ruined a life..and he is still feeling that he is the one being wronged..it is that which makes him self centric and to some extent callous...it is when he rises above himself, I will call him deep...he is a pampered spoiled child..whose mother did not have the right discipline methods...the proverbial ostrich... LOL and then you say he's not layered? The very fact that you're bothered by him not acknowledging his mistakes makes him layered...the reasons why he can't acknowledge his mistakes but is still unable to help himself from being concerned about and instantly drawn to Madhu make him layered.It makes him complex and confused but not layered...layered falls into different aspect...just because he does unexpected things, doesnot make him layered...well as per me that is...may be my 'layered definition' differsLOL

The reason why he's layered is because you can't call him callous simply on the basis of one set of circumstances...if he's callous, then why is bothered by the pain in Madhu's eyes? Why is he concerned about her when she's hurt like when she twisted her ankle? Why is the concern so INSTINCTUAL while at the same time there is a pathological need to WIN and prove his point too? He is BOTH these things...THAT is why he is layered and complex...he can't be slotted or labeled into one category, that is why is layered. If he is not callous then who is..LOL the man rejoiced in her pain as well...that makes him twisted..

Him being a spoilt proverbial ostrich does not take away his layers...who says a self-centered character can't be layered?  These qualities infact make him more human and complex...cuz you can't figure him out...what he'll do the next instant...for even his selfishness is driven by too many complexities to even articulate easily.Oh he is not the ostrich...i was calling Radhaji the ostrich...LOL his selfishness is driven by his ego...when he sheds them both...I guess we will see the deeper side of RK...I know that means delayering him of his two prime facets...but then that is how layered characters are made...LOL

Oh I was thinking more on the lines of Kesar...for me he is the ultimate paragon of a layered character that ever was ...Saras did not cross my mindLOL it seems like he crossed yours thoughTongue LOL I was talking about Kesar too, Madam...my point was that last time I mentioned Gulaal in your pyaare Sanyaasi ka thread, you told me there is no point mentioning and comparing Gulaal to your Saras ka showLOL and I stick to the stand...There is no point in mentioning other characters...in this thread or any other thread..leads to lot of things which should not happen..and this forum is a bit volatile and hence a bit strict on rules...so I dare not risk bringing my Kesar here...Poor thing will be delayered before he can say GulaalLOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

blacklamboAngeena_charu_leelaa9

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 2:03pm | IP Logged

It makes him complex and confused but not layered...layered falls into different aspect...just because he does unexpected things, doesnot make him layered...well as per me that is...may be my 'layered definition' differsLOL LOL this seems like a hopeless discussion...we just view this completely differently...guess we should let it go.

If he is not callous then who is..LOL the man rejoiced in her pain as well...that makes him twisted.. He is callous and MORE...that was my point...that there isn't just one label you can stick on him.

Oh he is not the ostrich...i was calling Radhaji the ostrich...LOL his selfishness is driven by his ego...when he sheds them both...I guess we will see the deeper side of RK...I know that means delayering him of his two prime facets...but then that is how layered characters are made...LOL LOL ok ji, I'll just bow to your superior knowledge on the subject of layering then...main nasamjh itna nahin jaan sakti

amrithasblacklamboAngeena_charu_-Srushti-leelaa9

Hi2life Senior Member
Hi2life
Hi2life

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 2:05pm | IP Logged

[QUOTE=_charu_]

The biggest difference is that Dips was BLISSFUL after her betrayal...while RK seems just as tortured as Madhu if not more by the betrayal he himself planned...that's the catch.
.                   Dips only problem is later RK proved to be more successful and sikky turned loser had it turned otherwise she would never look back. RK always had that gaping hole and emptiness the moment he lost madhu. He is burning in his own hell. Not that he couldn't find other options. I don't support RK or say he is better but dipali is plain disgusting. She lusts on RK for all wrong reasons not love for sure. But RK needed that reality check. Dips saying what is the point in u hating me when we are sooo similar...?.?

Edited by Hi2life - 06 April 2013 at 2:05pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjuMFarah13aan-rishblacklamboriver123Angeenaamrithas_charu_leelaa9AreYaar

Go to top