Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

India-Forums

Episode 239 Discussion: 6th April 2013 (Page 8)

anastasia21 IF-Dazzler
anastasia21
anastasia21

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
With a little bit of hitch here and there, I think this was a very mellow yet firmly grounded episode. I was ready to shut down Sultan when he started reminiscing his past sob story to gain sympathy points with Padmini and us. But surprisingly in the end it sat well with me. If I were in Padmini's position, while hearing about a man's tough and sad childhood, I would have melted a little too I suppose. Padmini didn't go overboard with 'You're welcome here anytime' but reserved that rights only for Aryan. Hope the CVs won't make Padmini push Madhu towards Sultan.

I liked AR today and his scene with Madhu. The way they talked today, that's how two normal people talk to each other. He wasn't looking like he is readily falling for her and she wasn't looking like she was prompting him. I can't comment on his ask about Madhu looking after Aryan if anything happens to him. I am not capable enough to question a parent's urgency about his child's safety when he will not be around and how he decides to secure it. This is beyond my area of expertise. Although, I was hoping for Sultan to leave, but Bhujang last saw this place as Sultan's hideout and Madhu as an alliance of his. And that puts Madhu and the rest in a huge danger. Sultan leaving now means, they are the ones who will be taking the heat for him.

RK-Madhu scenes were the icing on the cake for today. It started a little melodramatically when Madhu thinks its Sultan's hands on her shoulder instead of RK. That I think was unnecessary. But the scene went from there to being extremely impressive and ingenious. Mainly because of the script and Drashti. She didn't huff or smirk or taunt, neither did she broke down or stayed silent. She pushed back and RK crumbled! I was amazed to see RK taking a step back! One question 'Why' and that's all it took for RK to stumble. And Drashti's acting took the finesse of the scene a notch higher. I can't say if Madhu will take back RK or not, now or ever, but today she looked like she is inclined to meet half way, maybe. Does she realize what RK feel for her, that what hold she has over his heart? She probably does indistinctly. But in her position, anyone would be scared to exercise that right, because RK himself snatched that away from her and reduced her into a mockery. So I would say if she is even leaning towards hearing him out, that's big and generous on her part.

Edited by anastasia21 - 06 April 2013 at 1:03pm

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjuUDEYKay9staroneserialsamrithasMFarah13blacklamboriver123AngeenaAnanya05__VJ__0-SD-0_charu_leelaa9AreYaar

0-SD-0 IF-Rockerz
0-SD-0
0-SD-0

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
AreYaar,

My kind request to you.  Please don't use that much big font size and that too bolded in your quoted responses. Its not a pleasant feeling to be honest...I have to make myself forget the font size to concentrate on the matter of your post.

Regards,
SD

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

_charu_Fortitude

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Srushti-

.I knw...they can be both...but I still dont consider him as layered...he might be layered in his own mind..but to me he is as clear as a crystal...every aspect of his is as quite open...to the audience as such...

Srushti, ability to interpret a character doesn't make him one-dimensional...RK is anything but one-dimensional...you are able to see through his smoke-screens, that's good writing...but that doesn't take away from the fact that he is a complex and layered character.

One-dimensional ke title ke liye there are plenty of other characters in this show and others.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

UDEYblacklamboAngeenaamrithas_charu_leelaa9

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by 0-SD-0

AreYaar,

My kind request to you.  Please don't use that much big font size and that too bolded in your quoted responses. Its not a pleasant feeling to be honest...I have to make myself forget the font size to concentrate on the matter of your post.

Regards,
SD

Errr too big font size?ConfusedConfusedConfused I just bolded one line of a sentence I was replying too...didn't know even that wasn't against the rules of IF now...but ok whatever floats the boat.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

0-SD-0_charu_Fortitude

-Srushti- IF-Sizzlerz
-Srushti-
-Srushti-

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anastasia21

I liked AR today and his scene with Madhu. The way they talked today, that's how two normal people talk to each other. He wasn't looking like he is readily falling for her and she wasn't looking like she was prompting him. I can't comment on his ask about Madhu looking after Aryan if anything happens to him. I am not capable enough to question a parent's urgency about his child's safety when he will not be around and how he decides to secure it. This is beyond my area of expertise. Although, I was hoping for Sultan to leave, but Bhujang last saw this place as Sultan's hideout and Madhu as his alliance. And that puts Madhu and the rest in a huge danger. Sultan leaving now means, they are the ones who will be taking the heat for him.Yes...they definitely did have a great peace effect on me...it is actually ironic..that Madhu has that fighting relation with the man who comes from a sophisticated world, whereas she is quite at peace with a man who comes from the world of guns and bullets...

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjuMFarah13blacklamboAngeenaanastasia21amrithas_charu_

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anastasia21

She didn't huff or smirk or taunt, neither did she broke down or stayed silent. She pushed back and RK crumbled! I was amazed to see RK taking a step back! One question 'Why' and that's all it took for RK to stumble. And Drashti's acting took the finesse of the scene a notch higher. I can't say if Madhu will take back RK or not, now or ever, but today she looked like she is inclined to meet half way, maybe. Does she realize what RK feel for her, that what hold she has over his heart? She probably does indistinctly. But in her position, anyone would be scared to exercise that right, because RK himself snatched that away from her and reduced her into a mockery. So I would say if she is even leaning towards hearing him out, that's big and generous on her part.

I loved that moment...it was surprising yet really good to watch...RK definitely crumbled today...in an instant...much to his surprise and ours I'd say.LOL

Edited by AreYaar - 06 April 2013 at 1:05pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjuMFarah13blacklamboriver123Angeenaanastasia21amrithas_charu_-Srushti-leelaa9

-Srushti- IF-Sizzlerz
-Srushti-
-Srushti-

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

Originally posted by -Srushti-

.I knw...they can be both...but I still dont consider him as layered...he might be layered in his own mind..but to me he is as clear as a crystal...every aspect of his is as quite open...to the audience as such...

Srushti, ability to interpret a character doesn't make him one-dimensional...RK is anything but one-dimensional...you are able to see through his smoke-screens, that's good writing...but that doesn't take away from the fact that he is a complex and layered character.

One-dimensional ke title ke liye there are plenty of other characters in this show and others.
Haye haye...My ability is not in questionLOL and no..he is not one dimensional..but for me layered means deep..and RK is not deep...he is most of the time as shallow as they get...he is complex and twisted..but layered will be the one which we have to unravel...and that is not being done here...there is no unraveling RK...except for he himself doing it...dont know..layered actually makes me think of some characters which I had rather not bring in this thread...LOL

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjuMFarah13blacklamboAngeenasree.gattu_charu_leelaa9AreYaar

Ananya05 IF-Rockerz
Ananya05
Ananya05

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 1:09pm | IP Logged

So the confession is yet to come. Sigh! Some more wait.

Poor poor Madhu. I so feel for her today. She knows he loves her  and that is why acting all zany around her, yet she is unable to draw the confession out of him. A part of her is trying so hard to wait for him, to make him say out loud those magical words , that she is longing to hear, while the other part of her is desperately trying to break free and move on.  Torn between these two, is making it even more difficult for her to move on.  She pounces on him, with all the WHYs, and he apparently has no answers. I refuse to accept that he is unaware of his love for her. But he is not ready to admit it very cleanly to himself. Confessing to her would come after this. The thought of having fallen in love with her has terrified him, and he is scared out of his wits to admit it. Come on RK! You can do better. What use is love, if you are not man enough to admit it even to yourself? Enough of this 'mujhe nai pata', 'mai nahi jaanta' nonsense. Let yourself lose and win her back.

Dear Madhu, you still have the reason to be hopeful, and continue waiting for some more time, coz the man came running to you like a lovesick puppy, just so he could color you on your first holi after marriage. The man came running to you immediately after hearing of the shootout, just to check if you are unharmed. A few more of WHYs from you, or may be a few more of royal ignorance, and he will come to you, this time confessing his feelings. Your hand reaching out to stop him today, when he turns around to leave, is enough of an indication, that you are very much willing to give him a second chance. So, hang in there.

I was a little surprised and disappointed that RK didn't try to dig into the shootout. Was he caught so off-guard by Madhu's  firing queries, that he forgot the whole reason of being there and his intellect flew away? Dunno.Well, lets give it to him. He was literally reduced to a terrified and vulnerable man, with Madhu pouncing on him left, right and center.

He goes away and comes back, only to tell her that 'he is not a postser, that can be changed every Friday', meaning, he is irreplaceable in her life.  Madhu turns the table around saying, 'he cannot brand her with a price tag'. Again a clear warning to Rishabh Kundra, not to use that contract to get her back, as she won't relent this time. This time, for Rishabh Kundra,  the task of getting Madhu in his life, has to come out of true love.

Sultan took a considerable screen time with his sob-story. Don't want to say much about it. Liked Sultan-Madhu scene.  Looks like its pack-up for the trio for a while.

Precap is interesting. So, of all the people they chose Deepali to drive in the home truths for Rishabh Kundra? I must say, I am impressed. Coz she is the only person who knows him in and out and wouldn't care enough for his vulnerability while blatantly putting across these truths to him. Radhaji, Bittuji all care too much about him, to use that acerbic tone for him. So, RK will realize the enormity of his betrayal to Madhu, by reliving the betrayal he went through on Deepali's account? Well, too much on the precap already. Now, I will wait for the actual scene.

Edited by Ananya05 - 06 April 2013 at 1:12pm

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

shanmanjualexchUDEYJasperJazzKayanastasia21blacklamboAngeenaarmummyMFarah13amrithassree.gattuPiyatrix-Srushti-Fortitude_charu_leelaa9AreYaar

Go to top