Episode 239 Discussion: 6th April 2013 - Page 8

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by AreYaar

.                   Dips only problem is later RK proved to be more successful and sikky turned loser had it turned otherwise she would never look back. RK always had that gaping hole and emptiness the moment he lost madhu. He is burning in his own hell. Not that he couldn't find other options. I don't support RK or say he is better but dipali is plain disgusting. She lusts on RK for all wrong reasons not love for sure. But RK needed that reality check. Dips saying what is the point in u hating me when we are sooo similar...?.? Edited by Hi2life - 11 years ago

P.S. Srush, I think he WILL make it about Madhu one day...but that one's going to be an AVALANCHE that I don't think he's ready for yet...for a character who uses Ego as both his weapon as  well as defense mechanism, it is too much to allow himself to be THAT vulnerable...today I saw that in RK...that FEAR of admitting the truth...admitting that he was wrong...cuz it's like one thread that if he allows to unravel, then EVERYTHING will unravel for him...it's what keeps him going...he can't face it.True that ...hehas to na...that is how the character development will happen...Like it was just RK in the first phase..then MAdhu entered and she somehow made space for herself in his life...and eventually even when he kicked her out;..she remained like a persistent termite, eating his life and soul...😆
And THAT moment...that fear..the moment of panic when he realizes that he would have to answer those questions...was epic!! The way he almost gulped before saying no no no...very good projection... a scene well written and executed...She does jolt him out of his peacefully arrogant existence into something that wont let him rest...he so likes to predict her..and fails EVERY single time..just like he thought she would break after his rejection..she rises and takes up the challenge of living...just like he thought she would be ecstatic to recieve his attention ...she just about turns around and colours the poor gangster who does not know the ABCD of this maddening relationship😆 Just when he thinks that she is about to back down and answer his questions, she questions him back and that too by catching his collar...the guy is into whole lot of roller coaster ride ahead😆

I see a character that doesn't yet have the strength to bear the ENORMITY of the truth...for it's then not just about admitting he was wrong but also opening himself up to the TRUE impact of his love for Madhu...for now he just acts out in confused ways...but if he was ever to really realize what he did, he would completely shatter from that realization I think
Owning up to the truth would mean the giving RK a new meaning..it would mean that the woman whom he had wanted to change, mould, shatter had done the same things to him, and she had survived the whole thing without  a scratch...it would mean that the Right Kameena was not so right after all...
Maybe that is why the writers keep him swinging in b/w...not letting the realization fully happen...
I am not minding the pace...it is the right pace...he cannot have a sudden realization..that would be THE end...what would be left for the story...and the whole Sultan track would be redundant...
The kind of mistakes he's made, the way he's treated Madhu, he deserves to feel the pain of loss badly too...and destiny likes to laugh at him by taking things away from him even as he goes about playing God.

Somewhere this is a game b/w RK and his destiny too.hmmm Bhagwan and RK ko peeeth nahi dikhaate...RK is a great believer of destiny and Karma..he does like to keep the right balances and hisaab kitaab...it is only with this woman that he messed his accounts with...and now suddenly he is faced with a no assset all liabilities balance sheet.😆
Edited by -Srushti- - 11 years ago

hahah now that is not fair...I always like discussing with you because we can discuss till the last breath...but I guess you are right..we should each take a bow at each others' superior knowledge and bow out of this match for today atleast😆
Originally posted by -Srushti-

True that ...hehas to na...that is how the character development will happen...Like it was just RK in the first phase..then MAdhu entered and she somehow made space for herself in his life...and eventually even when he kicked her out;..she remained like a persistent termite, eating his life and soul...😆
And THAT moment...that fear..the moment of panic when he realizes that he would have to answer those questions...was epic!! The way he almost gulped before saying no no no...very good projection... a scene well written and executed...She does jolt him out of his peacefully arrogant existence into something that wont let him rest...he so likes to predict her..and fails EVERY single time..just like he thought she would break after his rejection..she rises and takes up the challenge of living...just like he thought she would be ecstatic to recieve his attention ...she just about turns around and colours the poor gangster who does not know the ABCD of this maddening relationship😆 Just when he thinks that she is about to back down and answer his questions, she questions him back and that too by catching his collar...the guy is into whole lot of roller coaster ride ahead😆 Ok MAYBE I'm starting to understand what you're looking for now...you want DEVELOPMENT cuz THAT will constitute LAYERING for you, correct?

LOL@ Madhu remaining a persistent termite...I just love the play of irony in all this for RK...the gamer who got played in his own game...hahaha...which reminds me of that dialogue of Madhu's from last week..."Tum mujhe nahin chhod paaye...tumne mujhe pakad rakha hai"...that was another home truth for RK...his own conscience trying to get through to him but I wonder how much it managed😆😆

And yes he PANICKED today...lol and that was HILARIOUS...seeing HIM that off-balance is always so amusing...he always thinks he has Madhu figured but she manages to catch him off-guard when he least expects it...she's the ONLY person with the power to put him on the backfoot😆😆

Owning up to the truth would mean the giving RK a new meaning..it would mean that the woman whom he had wanted to change, mould, shatter had done the same things to him, and she had survived the whole thing without  a scratch...it would mean that the Right Kameena was not so right after all...He's kinda already admitted this much to Sultan...remember the car scene? LOL when he's drunk, sach uchhal uchhal ke baahar aata hai😆😆...that Madhu survived his biggest revenge and instead HE'S the one in so much pain...he cannot come to terms with that yet.

Maybe that is why the writers keep him swinging in b/w...not letting the realization fully happen...
I am not minding the pace...it is the right pace...he cannot have a sudden realization..that would be THE end...what would be left for the story...and the whole Sultan track would be redundant...Oh I'm not saying the realization should be sudden...heck no...I lose interest when all threads are tied anyways...but I'm saying that is why the writers keep him in this state where he's unable to understand himself...cuz it gives them more room to play around with stuff.

Somewhere this is a game b/w RK and his destiny too.hmmm Bhagwan and RK ko peeeth nahi dikhaate...RK is a great believer of destiny and Karma..he does like to keep the right balances and hisaab kitaab...it is only with this woman that he messed his accounts with...and now suddenly he is faced with a no assset all liabilities balance sheet.😆 Everyone has to meet their match sooner or later...lol and for RK that was Madhu...RK likes to play games with destiny...challenge destiny...while Madhu without even TRYING manages to rewrite his whole destiny...why else would he be SO obsessed with her? 😆

Originally posted by -Srushti-

hahah now that is not fair...I always like discussing with you because we can discuss till the last breath...but I guess you are right..we should each take a bow at each others' superior knowledge and bow out of this match for today atleast😆

Awww lol you mean like RK neither of us can let the other have the last word?😆😆...LOL I enjoy discussing with you too, Srush...I just meant ki since neither of us were seeing the other's point, we should let it be...but I think based on your previous post, I might be starting to see your point now...

You're saying that there needs to be some sort of development, some CHANGE in RK's character for the layering to manifest itself?  A new phase, perhaps? That I can kinda understand.
Originally posted by amrithas

Today I am glad to say I liked Sultan, if a character has been introduced it should be given some meat and today Sultan got it! I liked his back story bcoz it did not sound like a sob story, but some facts of his life which he has accepted and made a choice! One up for Sultan today!

He doesn't know why he's chasing after her, I say he knows it  very well! He almost blurted it out too, till his jaap of Nahin, Nahin started again! Takes me back to the night in the village when they were about to consummate! But hats off to Madhu for backing him into a corner today, that's what she should have done earlier too!

Precap: I wasn't expecting Dips to be the one to show RK the mirror, but I'll take it! Crunch time now, let us all know why we should believe he's different from Dips! 

Sultan wins brownie points before making an exit from the chawl.  He reveals from his story that criminals are made, not born (Meta Discussion Topic???), admits he is glad that Aryan did not grow beyond his years, secures Aryan's future with MB and is back to his business, it seems.  No apologies and no excuses for what he is and none needed. S is good in small doses but not when the entire episode focus is on the gangster track. Direction, action and what not goes haywire at that point.  Make no mistake, he will be back in the show. We have yet to hear about Aryan's mother.

Agree with your analysis - I too felt RK was almost at a point of blurting out the answers but checks himself in time. He is holding back something.  First with Rji and now with MB, every time pertinent questions are asked of him, he looks down and walks away.  The clue to the answers might be in what he is NOT saying.

Originally posted by blacklambo

Agree with your analysis - I too felt RK was almost at a point of blurting out the answers but checks himself in time. He is holding back something.  First with Rji and now with MB, every time pertinent questions are asked of him, he looks down and walks away.  The clue to the answers might be in what he is NOT saying.

You mean he is holding back himself and not confessing for some reason? 😲 This sounds interesting. What might that be? 😕 I am pretty sure he is aware of his feelings for her.
Back? I doubt Sultan will be missing from even one epi...lol...He's just leaving the chawl for now...but this underworld track will continue on the side I guess.

The writers have very DETERMINEDLY even in today's epi shown two parallel tracks...the RK-Madhu equation and the Sultan-Madhu equation...where one leaves, the other shows up for Madhu😆

As seen previously also, it hardly takes Madhu the blink of an eye to land up at Sultan's place...lol...so now that he's leaving, she'll go visit him on and off I guess.

As seen previously also, it hardly takes Madhu the blink of an eye to land up at Sultan's place...lol...so now that he's leaving, she'll go visit him on and off I guess.

@AreYaar: Would it be so easy for her, if she is back in RK mansion? RK surely won't approve of this nonsense and would hit the roof. And if she sneaks out under his nose to meet Sultan, it would be very distasteful for viewers like me.

I do feel, Sultan is sidelined for now. If they want to show RK and Madhu together again, it has to be really convincing. Not with the same round of bickering. hatred as it was before. Where does Sultan fit in all this?
Edited by Ananya05 - 11 years ago
I really liked the RK and Madhu scene today 😳

She directly asks him why does it bother him so much about how she's doing, etc. And I thought it would stop there, but it didn't 😲

Madhu was roaring, and RK was just standing there numb with no proper answer to give. ⭐️ At that one point when she was holding onto his collar, I felt she was waiting for him to confess his love. There seemed to be a tinge of hope in her at that moment. But of course, RK still has time before he confesses and it just crushed that hope once again.

However, I thought there was progress in their relationship. Forget about RK getting jealous. Madhu just needs to keep questioning him like this and it would actually force him to think about what he's doing and why he's doing it 😆 But I guess writers needed something to instigate RK (i.e. Sultan).

I didn't like the male version of Hum The Deewane today. It felt like every single note was dragged and that really annoyed me.