Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
Well Arya and Diljit are good actors.. and Veena's movie with Nikku is going to flop! Though Jatts in Golmaal will be a hit as its so obvious from the first look itself 😆 Arya resembles his father a lot, but he is even more good-looking than Raj lol.
-Castiel- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: K.Sean

Well Arya and Diljit are good actors.. and Veena's movie with Nikku is going to flop! Though Jatts in Golmaal will be a hit as its so obvious from the first look itself 😆 Arya resembles his father a lot, but he is even more good-looking than Raj lol.

I am guessing this is somewhat of a reply to my post. Yes I agree Diljit is a good actor. But with few exceptions here and there, most of the Punjabi actors are far from being good actors. Take for example Gippy. Absolutely handsome and a great singer but not that great of an actor. At least for him, he can still make his character relate able and somewhat fun. Arya on the other hand maybe good looking for some but he can neither act nor speak Punjabi with a proper accent. He was the weakest link in Yaar Anmulle. That movie could have done so much better if someone else was in his place. He certainly didn't get his fathers acting genes

In my honest opinion, I think it's more due to actors/comedians like Binnu Dhillon, Ghuggi and Bhalla that Punjabi movies are such big hits. Otherwise, they don't offer much story wise. I hate how bollywoodized they are becoming

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
^ I somewhat agree, but not with the Arya part lol. And yeah its definitely because of the comedians that our Ballewood is such a hit! They're indeed becoming more Bollywoodized. But if you watch the award shows its still very much "Punjabi" and "pendu" LOL! PIFAA were well organized and every single thing was quite traditional.. loved it :)
-Castiel- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
^ Off-screen they are fully Punjabi, I just wish the movies were a little bit more sensible as well. Most of the Punjabi movies coming out are purely for entertainment purposes [In other words Masala Entertainers]. I just wish there was a little artistic side to it as well like it is with Bengali Cinema. We did have movies in the 90s that dealt with societal issues etc so why can't we have them today considering Punjabi cinema has a much wider reach now then it did before. I don't know if you have seen the newest promo from Lucky di Unlucky story but it seems like a Carbon Copy of Bachna Ae Haseeno I was so disappointed seeing that. I want our industry to have a distinctive personalty but these makers are hell bent on making it a Mini-Bollywood😡