Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Shah Rukh Khan to perform at TOIFA despite injury

Coldplaying IF-Rockerz
Coldplaying
Coldplaying

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 5:56am | IP Logged

Source  -  TOI

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan is nursing a shoulder injury that he suffered on the sets of his upcoming film 'Chennai Express' but that will not deter him to perform at the debut Times of India Film Awards (TOIFA).

Shah Rukh's performance is one of the most anticipated segments and the 47-year-old actor is planning to entertain his numerous fans despite the injury.

"I have been shooting for 14 days non-stop and on top of it I hurt myself. My shoulder is hurting a bit," SRK told in an interview.

When asked whether it was the old injury, he said, "It is a new injury. The old one is fine but for this one I may have to go for a surgery later. I have to perform so it is a bit of a drag but I will try to avoid the right hand movement during the dance as much as I can.

It has been a hectic few weeks for the actor as he has been juggling different things back home including the opening ceremony of IPL, where he performed with actress Deepika Padukone and international rapper Pitbull.

"I did the IPL ceremony and then there was the match. I flew in after dropping the kids because wife (Gauri) had left already for TOIFAYes, it has been hectic but that is how I live. I might also miss my team's next match," he added.

Shah Rukh is teaming up with director Rohit Shetty for the first time in 'Chennai Express', a romantic comedy, which has been produced by the actor's production house Red Chillies Entertainment.

The film also stars Padukone and the actor says there is still some work left on it, which he plans to finish after the awards.

"We have some fifteen days left and when I get back I will complete it. Just some songs and six seven scenes are left," he said. This is the second film in which Shah Rukh has worked with Padukone. They previously starred together in 'Om Shanti Om' and the actor says he was happy to play a regular hero.

"I hope this film entertains people. I think it is very big and very funny film. We have been watching it as it gets edited. It is a different kind of experience for me. I have not performed a comedy or a regular hero role.

"My character is someone who dances well, fights and does comedy too all in one film. It has been very happening for me. I have really enjoyed it," he said.

The film's poster, which was unveiled on January 1, saw SRK and Padukone in lungis, which were borrowed from the cast.

"I actually wanted Deepika to wear the lungi. She said, 'I will wear it if you wear it too'. So, we just borrowed lungis from the rest of the cast and did a quick photoshoot."

There is a kind of fan frenzy that is very unique to Shah Rukh and the scene was no different here as the actor was greeted with hundreds of people when he landed at the airport after a long flight.

Fans braved the cold weather, to catch a glimpse of the superstar at the airport, outside his hotel and at the red carpet.

Edited by hardyboy09 - 06 April 2013 at 5:56am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bambogli

bambogli IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 6:35am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

OJ6.02RsFanTony_StraK786MR.KooL

OJ6.0 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 8:09am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

bambogli2RsFan

MR.KooL IF-Addictz
MR.KooL
MR.KooL

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 8:25am | IP Logged
paisa phenko tamasha dekho.

bambogliOJ6.02RsFanTony_StraK786

Piyuu_SRK IF-Rockerz
Piyuu_SRK
Piyuu_SRK

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 8:31am | IP Logged
Surprised !! ShockedSo many people know SRK personally to tell the reason why he is attending TOIFA LOLSomeone please tell SRK that his servants in Mannat are 'chugalkhors' LOLLOL

Whatever is the f**king case, i love him, billions of people around the world love him because he is a good human being ( earning money is not bad ) and thats all that matters. Love you Shahrukh Khan ! You looked gorgeous in zoom interview at Vancouver Day DreamingBlushing

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

byritesh-RaeesRiks-khoslakadhoklaViccoTurmericswashbuckling....Poojie...._Sano_blue-ice.

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by batameez_dil

Hungry for money

So why not?

Also why advertise injury for sympathy.

Is that why Salman keeps on advertising his sickness...for sympathy?? All his trips for medical checkup to USA. his surgeries ...everything is advertised...Does that mean he is hungry for money too...working despite being sick??

They all do it...they work for money even when they are sick...yes they all are money hungry and advertise their sickness for sympathy...Why single out Shahrukh here...Wink

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

DrModelkhoslakadhoklaPiyuu_SRKBazingaaViccoTurmericStarktastic....Poojie....

ViccoTurmeric IF-Sizzlerz
ViccoTurmeric
ViccoTurmeric

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 11:56am | IP Logged
Why is he performing then?? Like he should actually take care of his health - he check himself in photos, he has become so weak! Budd start looking after yourself and for a minute stop thinking about Money pzz
gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 11:59am | IP Logged
He has to perform. People paid a shit load of money to see him. Can't let them down.

khoslakadhoklaBazingaa....Poojie....blue-ice.

Go to top