India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

Toral or Pratyusha ? TRP (Page 7)

hooked IF-Dazzler
hooked
hooked

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 9:40pm | IP Logged
A moanlisa is an original. Someone can't "try hard" and become one.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

divyababuvasanthimraodoka1709PiggiesTenakjadra211Maja86mmishra1sultanbalanya_ansarifastforwardSneha...Love

Tenak Senior Member
Tenak
Tenak

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 4:35am | IP Logged
Winning team does not change! In Sid and Prats's  had Colors a perfect product that became a brand.  I'm sure that  marketing department of Colors knows what branding means and how it impacts customers. Pairing Sid and Pratyusha was a perfect way for success in their line of business. On the other hand, Toral disrupts  and cuts the team's  capacity for a success.  Not her fault, but is very clear that she is not a good  fit for the role Anandi.  Her role as Anandi in the series no longer has the same weight. Toral had to be aware in what she was getting into because she said that adores BV. It is obvious from the beginning that PH and Chanel are trying to force the acceptance of "new Anandi". This is not the respect of viewers, why you exist.

Edited by Tenak - 07 April 2013 at 4:35am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

doka1709mina92mmishra1vasanthimraojadra211Maja86asDacalisa112Sneha...Lovemilindrosesladjana333

Sneha...Love IF-Sizzlerz
Sneha...Love
Sneha...Love

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 4:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Bubi

Toral just isn't actress for character of Anandi. And, Pratyusha is 'guilty' because of that. She created character of Anandi (during a years) to be warm, gentle, honest person full of compassion and love for all. And her physical appearance absolutely fulfilled this story. We can talk that any good actor can act out everything. In this case, it hasn't been shown. Each person is a story for itself and so directors and screenwriters choose the right actor according to his sensibility to present a certain role. This series has lost its direction and point and that can see even those who are still watching it. Some of them have their reasons to watch the series, for example, enjoy the view looking at Siddhart, Shashank...or they are great fans of Toral, or they work for creators of the series...
There's a million reasons, but the truth is only one-nothing is the same without Pratyusha. Whether you like it or not. From many attempts to force the audience to accept a new actress, the whole story has lost direction. They can still attempt to bring back Pratyusha and continue the story with her just where they stopped on march 4. If I were in theirs shoes I would ask her to come back. The show like Balika Vadhu would never been so popular and so loved if there weren't this choice of actors and Pratyusha playing Anandi was the core of the story.

I completely agree with you, especially the bold&blue ones, you wrote it so nicely ClapClapClap

mmishra1vasanthimraoTenakjadra211Maja86asDacdoka1709mina92alisa112milindrosesladjana333

Bubi Groupbie
Bubi
Bubi

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 5:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by loveansh

Toral just isn't actress for character of Anandi. And, Pratyusha is 'guilty' because of that. She created character of Anandi (during a years) to be warm, gentle, honest person full of compassion and love for all. And her physical appearance absolutely fulfilled this story. We can talk that any good actor can act out everything. In this case, it hasn't been shown. Each person is a story for itself and so directors and screenwriters choose the right actor according to his sensibility to present a certain role. This series has lost its direction and point and that can see even those who are still watching it. Some of them have their reasons to watch the series, for example, enjoy the view looking at Siddhart, Shashank...or they are great fans of Toral, or they work for creators of the series...
There's a million reasons, but the truth is only one-nothing is the same without Pratyusha. Whether you like it or not. From many attempts to force the audience to accept a new actress, the whole story has lost direction. They can still attempt to bring back Pratyusha and continue the story with her just where they stopped on march 4. If I were in theirs shoes I would ask her to come back. The show like Balika Vadhu would never been so popular and so loved if there weren't this choice of actors and Pratyusha playing Anandi was the core of the story.

I completely agree with you, especially the bold&blue ones, you wrote it so nicely ClapClapClap
Thank you dear. 
I'm glad there are a lot of us: like-minded. I never thought that these events would occupy me so much. And now, even though I do not watch a series,  I am regularly visiting the forum and I hope they bring back Pratyusha. Somehow I enjoyed watching that show, as if I was reading a wonderful Indian novel. It's amazing that they allowed themselves to destroy something like that because they have gained worldwide popularity. I do not think any actress could replaced Pratyusha in series such as Balika Vadhu. Similar would happen and if they replaced one of the leading roles, but without Pratyusha series has lost all its splendor and beauty.Cry

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

divyababuvasanthimraommishra1jadra211asDacdoka1709mina92alisa112Sneha...Lovesladjana333

sladjana333 IF-Addictz
sladjana333
sladjana333

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 7:29am | IP Logged

Originally posted by loveansh

Thank you dear. 
I'm glad there are a lot of us: like-minded. I never thought that these events would occupy me so much. And now, even though I do not watch a series,  I am regularly visiting the forum and I hope they bring back Pratyusha. Somehow I enjoyed watching that show, as if I was reading a wonderful Indian novel. It's amazing that they allowed themselves to destroy something like that because they have gained worldwide popularity. I do not think any actress could replaced Pratyusha in series such as Balika Vadhu. Similar would happen and if they replaced one of the leading roles, but without Pratyusha series has lost all its splendor and beauty.Cry

Totally agree with you.

This is not a pale copy of what was once a series.

Or go back Pratysha, or  finish the  series.

No other way out.

Bubijadra211asDacdoka1709mina92mmishra1vasanthimraoPiggiesTenakalisa112Sneha...Love

Piggies Senior Member
Piggies
Piggies

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
I don't post much on the BV forum but today I will post this.

First of all, for an actor to play a role perfectly, or at least be pretty good in it, THEY HAVE TO BECOME THE CHARACTER.
Toral, is only acting as Anandi, she isn't becoming Anandi.

Second, her chemistry with Shiv is ZERO. There is nothing there, and never will be sorry to say. Chemistry will only occur when at the first meeting alone. It's not "built up." It's just there.
But with the new Anandi and Shiv, there is nothing, period. I find it so awkward when Sid and Toral have a scene to do.Dead

Lastly, it's hard to accept Toral with her acting. Her expressions at time seem so forced that I totally skip the scene(I'm a US viewer). She doesn't have the ability to act with her eyes like Prats did. Nor does she have the innocence in her face. Moreover, again her face looks quite older than the character of Anandi's. Not criticizing or comparing her face, just stating my opinion. In fact, I feel she would be PERFECT for the role of a character like Ghena or something but seriously, she simply can't be Anandi.

Please, BV producers/creatives, stop living in a dream world where you think that majority of viewers will eventually accept Anandi, and FACE THE REALITY.
Your TRP's are going down because of the new Anandi and her failure to connect with the audience.
If it doesn't happen at once, it really won't happen.
Bring back Prats or just shut the show down, which will eventually happen if Prats doesn't return. Evidence is the dipping TRPs.
Funny how BV was the #1 show just a few weeks back and now, its not even in the TOP 5.

Love,
PiggiesPig

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

ss31Bubiseaturtlevasanthimraommishra1asDacTenakdoka1709mina92jadra211Maja86KalimeraPriya901lavyLizBennetlifelessonsfastforwardSneha...Lovesladjana333

nnmm Senior Member
nnmm
nnmm

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 3:40am | IP Logged
Toral may be good actor but not a perfect choice for anandi. She has to carry every character with her which is not seen. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mmishra1vasanthimrao

lavy Goldie
lavy
lavy

Posted: 08 April 2013 at 3:54am | IP Logged
Piggies..spot on analysis. Well...Now you are an outcast in this forum too. 

Toral is good..but she is definitely not Anandi nor can she ever become one. Can we imagine Smriti Irani do a Gopi Vahu? Smriti is FANTASTIC and I love her as an actress and she has enormous skill...but can she carry a timid demure Gopi Vahu? I don't think so.

There is a reason it is called casting. Casting an actor according to the character. You cant pick an actor and try to fit him/her in the character...just won't happen.

Edited by lavy - 08 April 2013 at 3:55am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

mmishra1vasanthimraoPiggiesTenaknnmmjadra211lifelessonsfastforwardLizBennetVerboseG

Go to top