Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

India-Forums

Sultan's character - A big let down! (Page 21)

war_is_peace IF-Sizzlerz
war_is_peace
war_is_peace

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 8:35am | IP Logged
Clap i agree with u! a much needed post! cv's hav made a joke out of his character! need to do damage control!

ps: ur posts r addictive..i hav joined only 3 days back...keep updating Smile

Edited by vd-rocks - 06 April 2013 at 8:35am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Befikre

Befikre IF-Stunnerz
Befikre
Befikre

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani 3rd Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 8:44am | IP Logged
@dvdfan12 - Thanks.

@Anjali -  Hope they improve his character soon.

@Shreya - Yup, lets respect each otherTongue

Simple-Girl

..natasha.. IF-Sizzlerz
..natasha..
..natasha..

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 8:45am | IP Logged
I doubt his character will last for more then 2 weeks from now...Wink
mera agla prediction LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Courageous_LeoBefikre

_charu_ IF-Sizzlerz
_charu_
_charu_

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 8:46am | IP Logged
I liked Sultan but not after he came to the chawl...the plot itself is clunky, why to blame any of the actors or characters?

Padmini was overjoyed that Madhu remembered chawl vaasi's saving her from chawl but does "Sultan" need "Madhu's" protection? it's so weird ! fine she gave shelter to them but chawl is def. not the safest place for him and his family, now that Bhujang knows the location of his hiding ! 

I agree Chakku that his character was not developed well...and without Madhu's angle , I enjoyed his scenes with Bhujang and Aryan...I can only guess that if they developed the story with RK-Sultan, it wud have turned out much better than developing a triangle b/w Sultan-Madhu and RK..a triangle was bound to fall flat on it's face bec. at most they can show Madhu helping him but not fall in love with a gangster!! 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

river123Angeena0-SD-0ForeverForUBefikreCrazyGirl.21

Befikre IF-Stunnerz
Befikre
Befikre

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 8:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angeena

There are some points on your post which I think is wrong. Sultan did not trust Madhu when he first entered the show and for sometime after that but he trusted her the second time he brought her to his chawl. Because that time he let Madhu leave without blindfolding her. Now he trusts her. His lack of trust earlier was a good thing. People can backstab you anytime in his profession. He took his time trusting her was according to him being a closed off, reserved gangster.

But he doesn't trust her even nowOuch She keeps tasting tea and food before giving it to Aryan, even the tea and food she's prepared. If he is living with them, then he should be the one making sure that nothing would happen to them and not the other way round. Why should Madhu prove her credibility to a stranger? I don't know if it is the fault of Madhu's character which reflects in Sultan or actually Sultan's characterConfused

Also, about coming from behind. There is a difference here. Coming from the front is good in theory, but in practice it is dumb move. You take every advantage you get when fighting for your life. If it means acting from behind then so be it. 

I would have not minded his attacking from back move had he not said the dialogue regarding attacking from behind to Bhujang. Didn't he say to Bhujang to come in front and then attack and not act like dogs?LOL

My problem with Sultan's character is that there was no fear inspired in me. I remember Balraj, the fear created, and Sultan falls so short by comparison that he can't even be compared without insulting Balraj. In the chawl "shootout", he went about killing those men so casually .. that's when I felt he's finally behaving gangster like.. Killing using a gun doesn't have the same effect.

@Red - My problem exactlyOuch

The things I liked was that he kept his private life private. But even that has vanished. Still, his relationship with Aryan is good. Also, when RK reminds him that Madhu is his wife, Sultan backs off. That was another thing which earns him brownie points.

In the end, his character is a let down but not a really big one for me. I know I would have liked him better if Madhu hadn't been shown as a love interest from his side. As long as he and Madhu were friends, things were still acceptable.

I don't get how come the previous night he was thinking about his wife and the next day he starts dreaming about madhu?Confused

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

river1230-SD-0

Befikre IF-Stunnerz
Befikre
Befikre

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 8:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vd-rocks

Clap i agree with u! a much needed post! cv's hav made a joke out of his character! need to do damage control!

Thank youEmbarrassed

@Natasha - Tu aa gayi?ROFLROFLROFL Ab Sultan jaayega pakaaROFLROFL
..natasha.. IF-Sizzlerz
..natasha..
..natasha..

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 8:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CHAKKU_DAAYAN

Originally posted by vd-rocks

Thank youEmbarrassed

@Natasha - Tu aa gayi?ROFLROFLROFL Ab Sultan jaayega pakaaROFLROFL

ROFLROFL

Dekh tu..in another 2 weeks uska charecter -ve karke ye track end hoga

Befikre

Befikre IF-Stunnerz
Befikre
Befikre

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 8:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _charu_

I liked Sultan but not after he came to the chawl...the plot itself is clunky, why to blame any of the actors or characters?

Padmini was overjoyed that Madhu remembered chawl vaasi's saving her from chawl but does "Sultan" need "Madhu's" protection? it's so weird ! fine she gave shelter to them but chawl is def. not the safest place for him and his family, now that Bhujang knows the location of his hiding ! 

I agree Chakku that his character was not developed well...and without Madhu's angle , I enjoyed his scenes with Bhujang and Aryan...I can only guess that if they developed the story with RK-Sultan, it wud have turned out much better than developing a triangle b/w Sultan-Madhu and RK..a triangle was bound to fall flat on it's face bec. at most they can show Madhu helping him but not fall in love with a gangster!! 

Charu, AR's not to be blamed for this clunky plot at ALLOuch What can the actor do when the character he is given is so weak and has so many loop holes?Dead

Padmini is a certified bimbo, so no comments on herDead

@Red - I agree. I wanted his story to be woven with RK and not with Madhu because apart from forming a love triangle,  it didn't serve any purpose and love triangles always push the show down. 
I still hope that he's using Madhu as a bait to reach RK and his character is stronger than it appearsOuch

_charu_

Go to top