Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

India-Forums

Sultan's character - A big let down! (Page 20)

itsRitzi IF-Addictz
itsRitzi
itsRitzi

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 8:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CHAKKU_DAAYAN

Originally posted by ritzi12

LOLiss topic se itne log agree karte hain wow 
Kyun? Abhi aur bhi hain jo offline hainLOL
LOLkya itne log hain MB forum mein lolz LOL  neways  sab ko malum hian kya gadbad hain LOLsmart viewwersClap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Befikre

Befikre IF-Stunnerz
Befikre
Befikre

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani 3rd Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 8:10am | IP Logged

LOLiss topic se itne log agree karte hain wow 
Kyun? Abhi aur bhi hain jo offline hainLOL
LOLkya itne log hain MB forum mein lolz LOL  neways  sab ko malum hian kya gadbad hain LOLsmart viewwersClap

MB forum has around 250 membersLOL

Fortitude

-Wanderer- IF-Dazzler
-Wanderer-
-Wanderer-

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 8:12am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Shreya_94

I don't really agree with you. I like Sultan's character. It is definitely not a 'big' letdawn to me. When I say I like his character I don't say I love how he kills people, no. But I like the gangster with a past who loves his son. Yes he killed without flinching and used his son as a bait. I do not see why I have to defend his every acyion but I can like this 'tainted'(as Jaz said) character.
Also don't see why we can't overlook his faults for a while and look into other plus points.
Having said that there are some loopholes in the character(as therr are in every character and some details shown). I don't see why an underworld don has to be so shaken by one enemy but I don't know f CVs will explain that or we just have to accept it.
You asked for healthy discussion, I have answered you so hoping you will respect my opinion without any sarcasm.

<font color="#006600">@Bold - is my image so bad??ROFLThank you thank youROFLROFL</font>

<font color="#006600">OK, I respect your opinionThumbs UpBut can you tell me what is so good about his character? If you say he respects women, then from which angle is pointing a gun at someoneinterpreted as respecting someone?ConfusedThe only good thing he has done so far is said SORRY to Madhu. Does that make him golden hearted?ConfusedBut he wasn't sorry for the wives of those goons who he killedConfused</font>

Your image? haha! Actually I have been mocked in some post of your s before I think maybe you someone else. Anyway I chose to ignore rather than get into useless heated discussions. LOL
Putting that aside, you are bent on disliking the character so can't help with that. I actually see him as a genuine person. There is a lot of difference b/w attacking Bhujang from back and planning to play with someone's emotions.
And yes like you people want to see RK's redemption(or do uou like his 'bad boy' image) I would like to see him change his ways.
Don't want to bore you with a long reply but anyway, people like him who don't have any family from a little age do get into such stuff. So yeah, I like Sultan and you don't and I can't convince you.
LOL
Befikre IF-Stunnerz
Befikre
Befikre

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani 3rd Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 8:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shreya_94

Your image? haha! Actually I have been mocked in some post of your s before I think maybe you someone else. Anyway I chose to ignore rather than get into useless heated discussions. LOL
Putting that aside, you are bent on disliking the character so can't help with that. I actually see him as a genuine person. There is a lot of difference b/w attacking Bhujang from back and planning to play with someone's emotions.
And yes like you people want to see RK's redemption(or do uou like his 'bad boy' image) I would like to see him change his ways.
Don't want to bore you with a long reply but anyway, people like him who don't have any family from a little age do get into such stuff. So yeah, I like Sultan and you don't and I can't convince you.
LOL

LOL, arrey I don't get into heated conversations if I have made the post solely for discussionEmbarrassed

I agree he is genuine, but to me his character is not INTRIGUING like I find RK's character. Sultan is just another Mukund who is silent and listens to Madhu's lectures and all. It's not about just disliking his character, it's about interest. RK's character is interesting plus entertaining and I watch this show for entertainmentEmbarrassed

-Wanderer-

dvdfan12 Groupbie
dvdfan12
dvdfan12

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 8:18am | IP Logged
Agree with you

Befikre

Simple-Girl IF-Dazzler
Simple-Girl
Simple-Girl

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 8:29am | IP Logged
Really well written & needed post!!Thumbs Up.Agree with u totally..Big smile Sultan track was a disappointment for viewers & the story line of MEIEJEmbarrassed There was no connection with the story line & Cv's didn't even try to make a connectionEmbarrassed.Madhu 's actions can't be justified with just giving a speech about caring for a small kid & bcse she has got humanity.Embarrassed Never seen a Don who says he rules Mumbai but only have one old Kaka to help him..No gang to support.Ouch

Befikre

-Wanderer- IF-Dazzler
-Wanderer-
-Wanderer-

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 8:31am | IP Logged

[QUOTE=Shreya_94]
LOL

<font color="#006600">LOL, arrey I don't get into heated conversations if I have made thepostsolelyfor discussionEmbarrassed</font>

[DIV]<font color="#006600">I agree he is genuine, but to me his character is not INTRIGUING like I find RK's character. Sultan is just another Mukund who is silent and listens to Madhu's lectures and all. It's not about justdislikinghis character, it's about interest. RK's character is interesting plus entertaining and I watch this show for entertainmentEmbarrassed</font>[/DQUOTE]
Thats cool. We all have our likes but in this forum there are black holes pulling us in different groups.
I find RK's character entertaining too.Like his one-liners too. But his antics annoy me. I will try to stay open minded though. Smile

Befikre

Angeena IF-Dazzler
Angeena
Angeena

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 8:33am | IP Logged
There are some points on your post which I think is wrong. Sultan did not trust Madhu when he first entered the show and for sometime after that but he trusted her the second time he brought her to his chawl. Because that time he let Madhu leave without blindfolding her. Now he trusts her. His lack of trust earlier was a good thing. People can backstab you anytime in his profession. He took his time trusting her was according to him being a closed off, reserved gangster.

Also, about coming from behind. There is a difference here. Coming from the front is good in theory, but in practice it is dumb move. You take every advantage you get when fighting for your life. If it means acting from behind then so be it. 

My problem with Sultan's character is that there was no fear inspired in me. I remember Balraj, the fear created, and Sultan falls so short by comparison that he can't even be compared without insulting Balraj. In the chawl "shootout", he went about killing those men so casually .. that's when I felt he's finally behaving gangster like.. Killing using a gun doesn't have the same effect.

The things I liked was that he kept his private life private. But even that has vanished. Still, his relationship with Aryan is good. Also, when RK reminds him that Madhu is his wife, Sultan backs off. That was another thing which earns him brownie points.

In the end, his character is a let down but not a really big one for me. I know I would have liked him better if Madhu hadn't been shown as a love interest from his side. As long as he and Madhu were friends, things were still acceptable.

Edited by Angeena - 06 April 2013 at 8:42am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

river1230-SD-0_charu_Befikre

Go to top