CID

Going OTT with women's rights issue?

visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
The Delhi rape issue rocked the country. Everyone all around started demanding that women be treated with respect.
On CID we are seeing messages on womens rights and treating women with respect coming up too often of late. The 4-episodes a week format is too much for my brain to remember, but I can remember at least 4-5 episodes in 2013 which have mentioned this issue.

In last night's episode, they showed an old man killing career-oriented women, just because he didn't like such women. While the motive for murder was ridiculous, I felt they created this motive just for the sake of giving this message in the end.

Do you think it's necessary? Do you think this is going too far?

If you were in the writer's shoes, what would you have liked the motive for muder in last night's episode to be? (The rest of the story being the same...why was the old man killing the girls?)
Edited by visrom - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Drilabh_Suhaani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: visrom

If you were in the writer's shoes, what would you have liked the motive for muder in last night's episode to be? (The rest of the story being the same...why was the old man killing the girls?)

Well, yesterday's episode was bungled. I think the writers and directors were trying to say something and ended up with a confusing end and last minute, the motive was perhaps suddenly changed or something.

The thing is CID should continue with messages. There shud be a better scope and a sensitive handling.

It is going too far if it is too OTT, but sometimes it is necessary. I think women's rights shud be properly portrayed even more. Something like cid asking women to rise and report their wife-beater husband/father/uncle/brother/inlaw etc etc. They shud show the female officers in a powerful and impactful roles like asha, muskaan and tasha used to be in. They shud show more proper stories with good motives and messages.

Yesterday's motive could have been a lot like- i was killing these girls because they refused to do our work (fleshtrade etc).

debasree04 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
 Good topic 👍🏼

I don't think its necessary...CID is crime thriller not a show for giving social message only...i mean its okay they show cases on such social issues but if they use same topic again & again then it becomes monotonous for the viewers...We know the women become victim in many cases in different spheres...that's the real picture but when it comes to a show they must think something different which may attract the viewers...which have some intelligent investigation or some crimes apart from murders...Social messages are good but there is no meaning to show same message again & again in different way...

If you were in the writer's shoes, what would you have liked the motive for murder in last night's episode to be? (The rest of the story being the same...why was the old man killing the girls?)

Good question...😆 thinking Answer it later 😛
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: suhaani.cidmjht

Good one...I thought it could be something like the girls were witness to a crime and they were planning to report this and so the culprit killed all of them.

Srishti. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
in my opinion (no offence) it is necessary to promote this and i don't have any problem wid many epi's of cid promoting it. But the story of last night's episode was something little difficult to digest. They should promote awareness for women, but in a little well written episodes, i mean old man killing young gals cause he does not want them to work was very ajeeb
mano86 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
it seemed to me that it could b something like the ladieshave spotted some wrong deeds/business at the hotel n now its time to shut their mouths !

these types of social messages r good to deliver on such popular shows but not so frequently..
there should be some gap !

..Roopal.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i completely agree with debasree
i think its necessary to promote such things...but this way...NEVER...i mean this promotion should not be continuous or excessive...i am ready and will be happy to receive SOME episodes for the purpose but if they will throw a bunch of episodes than its useless...the message will become something like bhashan and all...if they want to spread a message than it should be in a decent way not like the one they did yesterday...what the hell it was...i agree with suhaani that the writers actually got confused towards the end...
and about last night's ending...well it could have been anything...it could have been a simple serial killing as maybe the person was kleptomaniac 
Edited by Roopal_TiaRa - 11 years ago
Bhavanab thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
TV is the best medium to reach the public in today's times and at the same time a great source of creating awareness and it's nice to see many shows taking up such women related issues especially after the tragic incident in order to inform and aware people.
but everything has a limit .. same here .. CID is a show which is one of the best ways to tell people that any sort of crime is punishable and shouldn't be done but once or twice is nice but when the same concept is taken episode after episode people start getting irritated.
Atleast I was after the episode ... just for the sake of showing crime against women .. they took up a very loosely built plot and gave us a really bad episode.

one such episode maybe once in every 2 months or so would be nice to see but 4 weeks of continuous episodes based on this theme is going OTT.
It's nice to create awareness but don't go over the top ,,, this makes people rather ignorant about any such motive than aware and even if you do, try do justice to it .. the writers need to work hard and build a justified plot and not anything like what was there in yesterday's episode.
debasree04 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: visrom

Yeah both of the plot are good...

I am thinking same kind of plot...they involve in some crime like drugs or human trafficking or other & these girls refuse to continue or try to blackmailing the old people like that...

BeastInCarnage thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
CID stories are no more CID cases..They are all local police's cases which FW bind to give it's own CID team. 😆