Love marriage or Arrange marriage?

kchaims thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Well well ,firstly i know this is A2's forum πŸ˜† So guys as its shaadi time , i want you to tell me which one do you prefer and why.

For me its love marriage as i think marrying someone who you dont even know is like really tough.

What do you guys think?😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

emeraldeye thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Well my preference would be an arranged marriage! 😊 Guys I know my idea would sound a bit conservative but let me give you the reasons. πŸ˜›

If it had been a western country then love marriage would have been a welcome option.But in our culture it is always said marriage is not a bond between two individuals but it is a bond between two families. If you observe carefully it is actually the fact. It is so important that each one of the family member's whole heartedly accepts the new bride/bridegroom into their family πŸ€—. Else it would create unnecessary problems in future. πŸ˜•

In arranged marriages, the burden and responsibility of choosing the right person is shared by elders of the family. Hence, in times of need family stand by and help to resolve any conflict or crisis situation😊. Any such cover or support is generally missing in love marriageπŸ˜• πŸ˜²

When the two unknown individuals come together to tie the nuptial knots , knowing and understanding each other takes a significant duration of time. And during this period they learn to compromise and accept each other as they are. 😊But in case of love marriage there are higher expectations from both the sides. Though, the couple does possess an advantage of knowing each other but the circumstances and responsibilities change after marriage. Many couples find it hard to adapt to the changing scenario and expect the things to move in the same direction as they were before marriage.😲 This is one of the main reasons that later lead to unjustified and unreasonable demands put up by both the sides 🀒

So my choice would be to get engaged and have few months for courtship which will allow me to know/understand the person beforehand. πŸ˜‰------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After all whether it is love / arranged marriage everything boils down to one thing faith / trust / respect between the couple, their capability to understand and adjust to the situation. There are no sure shot rules for a successful marriage.πŸ˜‰ Neither are there any set methods that guarantee 100% success rate. The modern Indian society is in a state of transition. New customs are embraced by the youth readily but the age old customs and family values are still a priority in our society.

Therefore, a new genre of love cum arranged marriages has emerged, which is a perfect blend of the two worlds

Edited by emeraldeye - 11 years ago
samrudhi.r thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
agree with u emeraldeye

Arranged ya Love, marriage is a gamble.