India-Forums

Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2
Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2

TRP- Is it Reliable ?

Sidharth.apri Newbie
Sidharth.apri
Sidharth.apri

Posted: 05 April 2013 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
For the Love of Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha, i have posted this information so that every fan of NBTNMKK will take steps so that NBTNMKK could never suffer because of TRPs.

Unfortunately, TRP is the basis of Survival for many serials including NBTNMKK. I have taken my measure, by watching this show at 9:30 PM everyday. I would encourage you do the same because thats how it works.

I have surveyed a lot of websites, mined various informations and came to a conclusion that TRPs are not a reliable way to measure the quality of a prime time serial or any entertainment product. Read below to understand how it works. In Technical Terms-

Indian Television Ratings are collected by two main organizations - TAM Media Research and Audience Measurement Analytics Limited (aMap). Audience Measurement and Analytics Ltd. (aMap) entered the market in 2005, with more coverage and latest technology from Telecontrol-Switzerland. Audience Measurement and Analytics Ltd. (aMap) polls the meters (6000 households) using GSM network and provides ratings overnight. TAM India collects data manually (physical visits) and releases data weekly. Audience Measurement and Analytics Ltd. (aMap) also has a stand-alone digital panel (aMapDigital) to measure TV viewing and Interactive engagement in direct-broadcast satellite (DBS) homes.

String: Audience measurement
Source: Wikipedia

Other Source-

Television Rating Points - TRP is the criterion that indicates the popularity of a channel or programme and this data is very useful for the advertisers
Presently, INTAM (Indian Television Audience Measurement) is the only electronic rating agency functioning in India. INTAM uses two methodologies for calculating TRP. First is frequency monitoring, in which 'people meters' are installed in sample homes and these electronic gadgets continuously record data about the channel watched by the family members. 'People meter' is a costly equipment, which is imported from abroad. It reads the frequencies of channels, which are later, decoded into the name of the channels and the agency prepares a national data on the basis of its sample homes readings. But there is a drawback in the technique, as cable operators frequently change the frequencies of the different channels before sending signals to the homes. It may be very misleading to read a channel according to a particular frequency even if the down linking frequency is same all over India.

Second technique is more reliable and relatively new to India. In picture matching technique people meter continuously records a small portion of the picture that is being watched on that particular television set. Along with this agency also records all the channels' data in the form of small picture portion. Data collected from the sample homes is later on matched with the main data bank to interpret the channel name. And this way national rating is produced.

Quite Boring...Even i felt, while reading...

We live in a world were technology exist in everything. Why not use it in a different approach to measure TRPs.

One way to do is through SMS, conduct poll ask for votes from viewers or audiences. Other way is through common website, create a online survey and vote for best serial. Maximun votes means maximum popularity.

This is the fair way to get feedbacks from viewers. So, Please promote to everyone. Be the Change and Make the Change.

Edited by Sidharth.apri - 06 April 2013 at 1:18am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nbtnmkkfancooljav1234Sah1kunakshafan26

Sah1 IF-Dazzler
Sah1
Sah1

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 2:38am | IP Logged
I totally agree with you. Nbt is the best show with much natural n close to reality, uniqueness, freshness everything n it deserves to be on top of all other serials. I never felt trp is correct measure where housewives at most of the homes are tuned to saas bahu, melodrama etc.. I loved ur suggestions n that way people who stay abroad like me but diehard fans of nbt, kunal, ashnoor, AK can contribute to trps if its online.
Hats off for so much research

Edited by Sah1 - 06 April 2013 at 2:38am
ArianaGrande IF-Sizzlerz
ArianaGrande
ArianaGrande

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 2:52am | IP Logged
Actually I agree with the post but what can we really do as everyone is following the unreliable system 
Hope some solves this as I can't believe Na Bole Tun such a good show gets stable TRPs like 1.6
naq5 IF-Dazzler
naq5
naq5

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 4:27am | IP Logged
add to bahut aate hai NBT ko .. i to get bored now  days because of the long ads in betwn
kunakshafan26 IF-Rockerz
kunakshafan26
kunakshafan26

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 4:34am | IP Logged
love the show but can u give the proper rules for trps
Sidharth.apri Newbie
Sidharth.apri
Sidharth.apri

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:46am | IP Logged
Its hard to say the exact rules.. But one thing we have to make sure that to switch on to colors tv at 9:30 pm and see the show completely, together With the adverts, (based upon frequency reception of colors at that time and more)...

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index