India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Where it all began... (Page 4)

Diala Goldie
Diala
Diala

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 8:37am | IP Logged

Ok, here's my take and all standard disclaimers on such topics apply as I have indicated below: 

I have a slightly different take on this based on how Dakshayani and Parvathi were characterized in DKDM. This has no bearing on either how it was portrayed or what the reality was. This is just adding to Jaya's post -just want to point out that whey they ultimately did cave in to male chauvinism, the CVs for the most part showed the difference in personalities very clearly despite being of the same soul.

Please note that I am comparing DKDM Dakshayani and Parvati personalities here. I would do the same even of Jaya and Jhum had played the roles.

Some differences I noticed:

Dakshayani was fathered by a control freak. This made her play the victim.

Paro had a father who has raised an independent thinker. So she had no reason to herself as weak.

Dakshayani liked to be the poor little rich girl. Paro took independent decisions based on what is right.

Dakshayani always craved for attention and approval of her father for the most part. Paro seeks her own approval; she is confident of her decision and her parents support for the same.

Dakshayani love for Shiva was of the emotional kind.

Paro's is more spiritual. That is why she chose the path of tapsya to attain him, and when he relented wanted him to approach her parents for her hand in marriage.

The way they they have shown these 2 characters, Dakshayani was a great lover. That is why her loss made the physical and materialistic aspect of Shiva come to the fore and he lost himself to that.

Paro technically never died, but did leave him for years on end. Shiva never lost himself in that separation. He has either made an attempt to get her back or let her find her way back to him.

Paarvati does not have to go back to past birth to rediscover Shiva. This is a self-inflicted amnesia and she was very clear that he has to do the tapsya. He is trying to put these memories back in her on purpose or as the situation presents itself. That is plain cheating and does not make too much sense, but then us digging for deeper meaning in the track makes just as much sense.

Long story short, the scene shown yesterday had no significance whatsoever. It was plain filmy and let us just enjoy it for the entertainment value, past or present.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

apurvachoudaryRoseFairyjayvenkkaatayanipritash05-Reeti-

-Reeti- IF-Rockerz
-Reeti-
-Reeti-

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 8:48am | IP Logged
Shruti.. aaj mera dimaag kaam nhi kar raha Wacko As i had a viva.. all the day.. goin out.. so.. in sabka ka kya jawaab doongi.. Stern Smile ...

Well I think .. whatever the scene was.. and whatever they showed.. It made me smile.. Smile Thought it was recreated.. and I felt the same.. Now In Forum There will be pakka a war.. Confused Why did they show.. but when i was back to forum at 8.30. so everything was thanda thanda.. LOL so felt happy ..

Thing is that.. who ever we are and wherever we are today.. its all because of our karmik connection of last life.. we all would be linked any how in our past lives . Its all connected.. so they showed it.. and Parvati and Sati are so One so they had to show it.. Smile BTW A Very Good Post..
jayvenk IF-Rockerz
jayvenk
jayvenk

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 9:44am | IP Logged
Superbly put Dia .yes the cv went the mcp way though

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

apurvachoudaryDiala

-Reeti- IF-Rockerz
-Reeti-
-Reeti-

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 9:59am | IP Logged
Dia good one Clap

Dialajayvenk

foram. IF-Stunnerz
foram.
foram.

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 10:57am | IP Logged
good post shruti Clap
RoseFairy IF-Dazzler
RoseFairy
RoseFairy

Posted: 06 April 2013 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
ok different people has different point of view and different interpretation of fact.even our puranas contradict to each other..so we have to learn to agree to disagree
  ok in my view i from day 1 enjoyed DKDM as not a typical mytho show rather a unique fantasy show
 as i am Ma Durga's follower i had always complain for showing Shakti in poor light.even in Vritrasur scene i had objection of Shiv saving Sati as from very childhood i heard that Sati had strength within herself..but as i found this show has different approach so i accepted the fact that Sati is not aware of her self acc to DKDM so its ok..
 but Sati's vulnerable nature and weeping confused behavior never went well with me but i patiently waited accepting Sati is human so Parvati will be shown much stronger
  to a very few extent Parvati's character satisfied me with her subtle , understanding , calm and determined nature..but that's it
 Her constant crying buckets , asking for forgiveness falling on Mahadev's feet , her refusing to the fact of being mother of universe and random people disrespecting her made me sometimes thinking of breaking my TV screen'
 and all blame goes to CV for these not any actor
i am Durga's worshiper i just couldn't bear it
   but then i remember that i have already considered it as a unique fairy tale..so i started enjoying the show like that only
  in this memory loss track i enjoyed it in spite of having grievance that Mahadev is not doing any work and making Parvati doing everything..
 i liked the scene ..though i was scared of having war starting again..i enjoyed it as romantic scene
 and when i read this beautiful post by Shruti...i really appreciate the fact..though m not fully agree of Parvati is same that Sati was but i also think its beautiful attempt for cv's to show Sati and Parvati are actually Shakti

Edited by FairyDreams - 07 April 2013 at 12:46am

jayvenkforam.

pritash05 IF-Rockerz
pritash05
pritash05

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:44am | IP Logged
Great one dia ofcourse there is no comparison. :) can't compare with past with present they both different. Present one is so much love from mahadev side lol
Patrarekha IF-Sizzlerz
Patrarekha
Patrarekha

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:58am | IP Logged
i am enjoying Shiv-Parvati romance that's the ultimate ..and above all m getting paro in pre-marriage attire 

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index