Debate Mansion

Debator of the week -Dr. Abhijeet Shukla (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 5

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 5

~Simmi~

IF-Sizzlerz

~Simmi~

Posted: 31 July 2006 at 6:45pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

OK. I thank all of you who asked me the questions and paid largely undeserved compliments: Aparna, Sowmya, LP, T., Vishesh, Pardarshak, Samie, Solid Snake, Sneha, Ria, RalityBytes, Buffie, Sotuj, Iron, Rajiv Ki Heer, (Sorry if I forgot someone). thankeeyou
Please feel free to disagree with me and correct me on any of answers. I look forward to more questions from all of you. Meawhile these are my questions to all of you.

What is the biggest threat to humanity and life as we know it? What keep you up at night?
1.     Global Warming (not really)
2.     AIDS Epidemic (can be controlled)
3.     Population (not at the moment)
4.     Terrorism (definitely! biggest threat to humanity)
5.     Other Specify

How would you like the world to change and what are you willing to change about yourself to achieve it?

As I'm not a leader or someone who has the power to do something, I cannot change anything and I'm only in college now and I don't want to change myself as I'm satisfied with what I am. I would definitely want the world to be a better place, with all the wars stopped and all terrorists dead.

Do you see India as part of the problem, part of the solution or both?

I see India as part of the problem as well as the solution. India has its own problems like poverty, population, etc etc but it has solutions to other problems like cant think of at the moment..

Which one leader of a country today can lead the world in the right direction?

although they all say they can, none of them are useful enough to lead others in the right direction...........someone extraordinary and selfless could do it like the Anil kapoor of Nayak

What is the correct and fair to all solution of India/Pakistan relationship?

India and Pakistan if cannot cope with each other, they should start living peacefully by completely ignoring each other and they should just live like 2 peaceful neighboring countries

How can we use DM to improve upon ourselves and the world we live in? (there is not much need to improve DM. It is working just fine)

I dont think DM can be of much help, although IF is very famous worldwide and many people all over the world come here.....but there are very few people who really follow what they preach and also very few people in the world who do what they set out for

Look forward to your replies!

find answers next to the questions

P.S: not meant for arguments, only my opinions..open to disagreement

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Debator of the week -Dr. Abhijeet Shukla (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

realitybites

realitybites

Posted: 01 August 2006 at 5:31am | IP Logged

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

OK. I thank all of you who asked me the questions and paid largely undeserved compliments: Aparna, Sowmya, LP, T., Vishesh, Pardarshak, Samie, Solid Snake, Sneha, Ria, RealityBites, Buffie, Sotuj, Iron, Rajiv Ki Heer, (Sorry if I forgot someone).
Please feel free to disagree with me and correct me on any of answers. I look forward to more questions from all of you.  Meawhile these are my questions to all of you.

What is the biggest threat to humanity and life as we know it? What keep you up at night?
1.     Global Warming
2.     AIDS Epidemic
3.     Population
4.     Terrorism
5.     Other Specify

Since you are talking about humanity then I would have to say Population clubbed with poverty. The death of extremely impoverished children in Africa is heart wrenching and disturbs me more than anything. The cornucopiancountries squander their grains for purported gains.  The opulent & powerful countries are more concerned about weapons, democracy or oil than even lamenting innocent deaths of famished children. It's cruel & harrowing to see children dying in Niger and other sub-Saharan countries. Is it that God perhaps is prejudiced and considers them less blessed than others?

Also do read an interesting article (though old):

http://www.globalissues.org/EnvIssues/Population.asp

How would you like the world to change and what are you willing to change about yourself to achieve it?

I would like to see a more sensitive and caring world existing not just in poems and paintings but also in factual reality. A world where there is more tolerance, compassion and respect for each other and for the environment too. The industrial growth index of nations is becoming inversely proportional to human index. The blind race for generating more wealth is leading to individualism and breaking social fabric.

The way I can contribute is by exerting my right to choose the polity, select products & make small/big contributions for education, welfare & environmental issues.

Do you see India as part of the problem, part of the solution or both?

India with its forever augmenting population is definitely part of the problem and this rightfully makes it part of solution. Paradoxically population is a basic issue having easy solution but still tough to implement because of its sensitivity.

Which one leader of a country today can lead the world in the right direction?

The answer lies in not one leader but countries with the puissant, opulent, influential & dominant leading the way. Yes the initiative lies with the self-professed policeman of the world. If you want bouquets then be ready for brickbats too.

What is the correct and fair to all solution of India/Pakistan relationship?

Praying to God and Allah and no I am not joking. Nothing except Allah-Himself can dissuade his misguided followers away from the horrendous path. 'Bhagwan/Ishvar' to save India till then.

We can't change the geography can we?

How can we use DM to improve upon ourselves and the world we live in? (there is not much need to improve DM. It is working just fine)

DM can be used in smaller ways like by being more forbearing to differing viewpoints, respecting others and drawing acceptable conclusions from a relevant topic discussion. Also not diverting from the main topic to related side issues.

Look forward to your replies!

These are just genuine heartfelt opinion in all good faith. No intention to hurt anyone.

Thanks

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 01 August 2006 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
abhijit ji..this is not done...u cant ask us questions Wink

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 02 August 2006 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
Abhijeet it was a great pleasure having you on the hot seat. Thanks debators for joining us for grilling our in house Doc. I hope you didn't have to give too many free medical advises.. Wink

Thanks a lot Abhijeet !! Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top