Page 1 of 7

Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 2 Page 7

AllThingsNice

IF-Dazzler

AllThingsNice

Posted: 03 April 2013 at 10:46am | IP Logged
So Indu is actually caught red-handed by Indira. Her worst fear came true even if the spanking did not.

There are again too many questions with regard to today's episode. Those of you who deal with children and child psychology may have a more informed approach, but to my layperson mind, things needed moderation. Everything, I thought was at an extreme. Do not get me wrong, however. Not for a moment am I doubting the intentions and motives of Indira as a mother.

The first thing she did was slap her daughter in front of her school principal and someone who is a rank stranger (as far as Indira goes, Sajni is a rank stranger). For Indu, that's worse than being locked in a room, deprived of food. All rotten behaviour is a defense mechanism and a loud scream for love and attention. Indira realizes this to an extent, I think, but does not know what to do with it or how to respond to it. Its not as though she is not capable of love, but she has her own personality issues which are a result of her own upbringing and mental makeup. If she lets go of her hitlerpana, she becomes vulnerable and uneasy in her skin. And yet, she wants to raise a good, decent, educated human being. But if she wants that, she needs to first befriend her daughter.

Okay, a couple of things I do not understand. Will a school demote a kid on the request of a parent? Does that happen? Indira's second request was: if she clears Class 1, promote her to Class 3. What would happen to Class 2?

Made me think if it would have been a better alternative to see to it that Indu is tutored and home schooled and brought to par with the class she is supposed to attend in the next academic year. Wonder if that is unrealistic. Because even if the humiliation is not of the type that Indu is facing in which knee high kids are making fun of her, surely, it would dent her confidence. Maybe for life.

Rishi is at the receiving end for raising Indu so badly. There is truth in some part of that and some part of that is unfair. I have often wondered why no one keeps Indu in check. But all said and done, Rishi is more in tune with Indu's psyche and manner of thinking. He can read her well. Something that Indira is yet to begin doing. She loves Indu, no doubt, but does not know her well enough yet. And before she got to know her, she has started disciplining her. In Hitler style. Too much too soon.

Rishi's "excuses" for being a bad father (according to Indira) might sound lame, mostly because he does not earn and run the family. But the fact remains that Indira was the one who forced him to marry Shweta. There are some who can deal with decisions that are forced on them and some who cannot. There is a huge patch of grey there which can be called a number of things. But at the end of it all, he understands Indu more as a friend than as a parent. He is able to put himself in her shoes and think from there. He has sensed that this incident will further fuel the rebel in Indu who, by virtue of being a nine year old, does not know how to deal with her emotions. Indu is feeling betrayed, let down, and insulted by her own mother. And he lets Indira know this without mincing words. For Indira, this is a revelation. It comes back to the same point raised yesterday: is it that Rishi and Indu do not expect Indira to understand them when they tell the truth? Or is it that they know that regardless of the situation, she will react in the only way she knows?

Throughout I kept thinking what could have been done or should have been done. Is there really a right and wrong here? Sure, this could have been handled in a hundred different ways, but who is to say that any of those would have worked? Is Indira wrong? Maybe in method, but not in intent. Is Rishi wrong? Again, maybe in method but not in intent. This is what I meant about extremes. Both these parents are at extremes. One is too strict and the other is too lenient. The moderation is missing. 

Ultimately, Indira's sole aim, motive, and vested interest is to raise a 'good' kid who has her heart and principles in the right place. But her way of doing it is rough and tough. Rishi wants the same, but his approach to things and people are gentler and more accepting. He lets people be what they are and loves them for whatever they are. Hitler is a case in point. Not once has he asked her to change for his sake. In the short time that she was in Sharma Nivas, he understood Sajni. (His reference to her heart of gold would have had some more value if they had developed that track).

I am not sure either of them is right or wrong. They are just approaching it from their individual standpoints. Most of all, they are just two people who are learning to be parents.

It actually felt nice to see Neha Talwar. That scene with everyone talking to her as though she has polluted their surroundings belonged to the 80s. She has a nice face though I thought she is better at the light hearted scenes rather than these heavy-duty emotional ones. If nothing in this post made sense, please overlook. Those who stayed with it till here, thanks for reading.

Edited by AllThingsNice - 05 April 2013 at 10:14am

The following 29 member(s) liked the above post:

rupzgalkulbirkangsweetinshibindas.rdNand14RatidiisbestgaayikaEarnshawmanali65nutan7sumitbigfanlight_28samrudhi.rWalden-sumana-Heema22....Diya....adinats07ashneRanjinikishanprachidew-Paulomi--PD---Divya---Shwetha-samiksha050992_saumya_designersainiMystique.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Rights, Wrongs, In-Betweens - Page 6: Apr 05" in Hitler Didi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

light_28

Goldie

light_28

Posted: 03 April 2013 at 11:22am | IP Logged
Kanan.. A very Nice Post..Clap
I loved todays episode.. The reactions from rish, indu, and sajni to Indira's Hitlergiri were perfect , accordingto me.. Also I have something to say for why the stern and "give-me-the-right-answer-at -once or suffer" kind of behaviour from indira's side...
Todays epi highlighted many good points on many things..Pareting, child psychology, teacher's psychology,etc.. Lots more.. Today i would agree that Ila is trying to be  realistic.. May Be..
I ll come back tomorrow may be with a response
 Overall, I found todays epi most Intelligently scripted
I loved Sajni, as i expected . I m thankful they got her back !

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Nand14nutan7-sumana-WaldenAllThingsNiceHeema22adinats07designersaini-Shwetha-samiksha050992

Walden

IF-Dazzler

Walden

Posted: 03 April 2013 at 11:31am | IP Logged
Extremes- yup, everything in HD is always about extremes.  Awesome analysis on today's episode Kanan.  I don't think anyone in this forum wants to defend Rishi's parenting (or lack thereof) over the past 8 years. But I could completely relate to what he said today about becoming a completely different person for those 8 years partly due to losing his wife, having to face the idea of having to raise his daughter without his wife, and then to have to be part of a sham relationship. I do not like the fact that Indira discounts human emotions as "lame excuses." (Actually it really bothers me that since she has been back, she has not taken a second to inquire about Rishi or Indu's emotional health and how they coped while she was gone). 

She is a jeeta jagta example of how our circumstances and our reaction/attitude to those stressors mold us- if she can become "Hitler" because of certain events that transpired in her life and this is justified, then who is she to judge others for how they react to stressors in life. Indira may be a responsible woman but that is really the only positive trait in her. Becoming "hitler" is as much a negative coping mechanism (if not worse) as becoming carefree or withdrawn. 

Like you said, both these characters need to find some middle-ground if they hope to raise a well-balanced child with a healthy psyche and ability to positively cope with life. Rishi needs to be a bit more assertive and take personal responsibility. Not everyone in this world is money-minded (and that's fine) but after you have a child, you sort of have no choice because the real world only functions with money. Indira on the other hand really needs to understand others on an emotional level and stop imposing her idea of what life is and should be on others(basically stop being a control-freak). We all have our strengths and weaknesses and instead of always focusing on others weaknesses and passing judgement on it, she needs to learn to mobilize their strengths.

Edited by Walden - 03 April 2013 at 11:31am

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

Nand14nutan7sumitbigfanlight_28AllThingsNicesamrudhi.r-sumana-Heema22adinats07Ranjinikishan-Shwetha-samiksha050992_saumya_designersaini

light_28

Goldie

light_28

Posted: 03 April 2013 at 11:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Walden

Extremes- yup, everything in HD is always about extremes.  Awesome analysis on today's episode Kanan.  I don't think anyone in this forum wants to defend Rishi's parenting (or lack thereof) over the past 8 years. But I could completely relate to what he said today about becoming a completely different person for those 8 years partly due to losing his wife, having to face the idea of having to raise his daughter without his wife, and then to have to be part of a sham relationship. I do not like the fact that Indira discounts human emotions as "lame excuses." (Actually it really bothers me that since she has been back, she has not taken a second to inquire about Rishi or Indu's emotional health and how they coped while she was gone). 

She is a jeeta jagta example of how our circumstances and our reaction/attitude to those stressors mold us- if she can become "Hitler" because of certain events that transpired in her life and this is justified, then who is she to judge others for how they react to stressors in life.BANG ON DIA ..ClapClapClap Indira may be a responsible woman but that is really the only positive trait in her. Becoming "hitler" is as much a negative coping mechanism THATS THE MESSAGE ATLEAST FOR ME FROM HD !!! I FINALLY GOT IT ! GREAT ONE DIAClap (if not worse) as becoming carefree or withdrawn. 

Like you said, both these characters need to find some middle-ground if they hope to raise a well-balanced child with a healthy psyche and ability to positively cope with life. Rishi needs to be a bit more assertive and take personal responsibility. Not everyone in this world is money-minded (and that's fine) but after you have a child, you sort of have no choice because the real world only functions with money. Indira on the other hand really needs to understand others on an emotional level and stop imposing her idea of what life is and should be on others(basically stop being a control-freak).There you go Dia.. Perfect !!! Thumbs Up We all have our strengths and weaknesses and instead of always focusing on others weaknesses and passing judgement on it, she needs to learn to mobilize their strengths.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sumitbigfannutan7WaldenAllThingsNiceHeema22designersaini

nutan7

Goldie

nutan7

Posted: 03 April 2013 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
you deserveClap for following 
1.she needs to first befriend her daughter

2.Rishi is at the receiving end for raising Indu so badly. There is truth in some part of that and some part of that is unfair. I have often wondered why no one keeps Indu in check. But all said and done, Rishi is more in tune with Indu's psyche and manner of thinking. He can read her well. Something that Indira is yet to begin doing. She loves Indu, no doubt, but does not know her well enough yet. And before she got to know her, she has started disciplining her. In Hitler style. Too much too soon.
3.Indira wrong? Maybe in method, but not in intent. Is Rishi wrong? Again, maybe in method but not in intent. This is what I meant about extremes. Both these parents are at extremes. One is too strict and the other is too lenient. The moderation is missing. "Ati sarvtra varjayet "Sanscrut subhashit means extremes should be avoided in all 
Neha  has a nice face though I thought she is better at the light hearted scenes rather than these heavy-duty emotional ones.good judgement 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Nand14light_28sumitbigfanAllThingsNiceWaldenHeema22-Shwetha-designersaini

designersaini

IF-Sizzlerz

designersaini

Posted: 03 April 2013 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
nice post kanan.
2day i hav 1 doubt frm 2dayz epi,ki indu ki fees lst 6 months se pay nahi hui but seher ki ho gayi kaise(kyonki princi ko ye to pata hoga na ki indu-seher behen hain n usne seher ki fees ke liye kuch nahi kaha).

Lst part mein both inshi r blaming each other,but at some points both r correct too.rishi should 9t b so linient wid d kind f child indu is,but as u said ki he understands her psychi n he is much more a friend 2 her den a parent n also he puts himself in her shoes n thinks likewise as he too hav faced d kind f childhood where his parents were so strict n punished him hard fr evry single mistake n d result is now he hates his parents so he doesnt want dat fr her daughter.
Indira i think pehle apni beti ko samjho how she is like n den act on her.n direct hitlergiri is 9t gonna work wid indu in anyway.indira should shed her hitler nature fr her daughter atleast to sudharo her.
I think inshi should exchange some % f dere character wid eachother fr indu.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

AllThingsNiceWaldenHeema22Ranjinikishan

AllThingsNice

IF-Dazzler

AllThingsNice

Posted: 03 April 2013 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by light_28

Kanan.. A very Nice Post..Clap
I loved todays episode.. The reactions from rish, indu, and sajni to Indira's Hitlergiri were perfect , accordingto me.. Also I have something to say for why the stern and "give-me-the-right-answer-at -once or suffer" kind of behaviour from indira's side...
Todays epi highlighted many good points on many things..Pareting, child psychology, teacher's psychology,etc.. Lots more.. Today i would agree that Ila is trying to be  realistic.. May Be..
I ll come back tomorrow may be with a response
 Overall, I found todays epi most Intelligently scripted
I loved Sajni, as i expected . I m thankful they got her back !

My fear, Bijlee, is that they will not maintain the tempo. They'll ruin this like everything else by changing the focus and turning it into some third thing. And then there is the human trafficking thing. So this may just become another incomplete track. Dekhte hain...come back with your thoughts tomorrow Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Walden-Shwetha-

AllThingsNice

IF-Dazzler

AllThingsNice

Posted: 03 April 2013 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Walden

Extremes- yup, everything in HD is always about extremes.  Awesome analysis on today's episode Kanan.  I don't think anyone in this forum wants to defend Rishi's parenting (or lack thereof) over the past 8 years. But I could completely relate to what he said today about becoming a completely different person for those 8 years partly due to losing his wife, having to face the idea of having to raise his daughter without his wife, and then to have to be part of a sham relationship. Same here. I can too. That's what I meant when I said some people cope better than others with decisions forced on them. Heck, some people make a huge fuss about being forced to eat or wear things they don't like. Marriage is a life-altering thing. I do know that in real life marriages are often forced, but that does not make it right. I do not like the fact that Indira discounts human emotions as "lame excuses." (Actually it really bothers me that since she has been back, she has not taken a second to inquire about Rishi or Indu's emotional health and how they coped while she was gone).  

She is a jeeta jagta example of how our circumstances and our reaction/attitude to those stressors mold us- if she can become "Hitler" because of certain events that transpired in her life and this is justified, then who is she to judge others for how they react to stressors in life. Indira may be a responsible woman but that is really the only positive trait in her. Becoming "hitler" is as much a negative coping mechanism (if not worse) as becoming carefree or withdrawn. One thing that has always bothered me about each character in HD is the lack of introspection. Is roughly the same thing that you're talking about here. They never sit themselves down and reflect. 

Like you said, both these characters need to find some middle-ground if they hope to raise a well-balanced child with a healthy psyche and ability to positively cope with life. Rishi needs to be a bit more assertive and take personal responsibility. Not everyone in this world is money-minded (and that's fine) but after you have a child, you sort of have no choice because the real world only functions with money. True. Indira on the other hand really needs to understand others on an emotional level and stop imposing her idea of what life is and should be on others(basically stop being a control-freak). We all have our strengths and weaknesses and instead of always focusing on others weaknesses and passing judgement on it, she needs to learn to mobilize their strengths. Seema has said this really well in her comment. They need to trade a percentage of their qualities with each other.

Edited by AllThingsNice - 03 April 2013 at 12:59pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sumitbigfansamrudhi.rWaldenHeema22-Shwetha-designersaini

Post Reply New Post

Go to top