Rashmi.

Edited by rulama - 11 years ago
rulama thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 years ago
OS 2: Finding Khushi

Part 18 

Section 1

Khushi stilled, her body freezing in his arms.

Arnav shut his eyes in despair. He had hurt her too badly for her to trust him so easily, regardless of how much she cared for him. How could she give her heart & life into the hands of the man who had never shown her the least consideration and had used every chance to humiliate and mock her & her values?

"So, Khushi, shall we go down?", he made his voice neutral.

She lifted her head and looked into his eyes.

What ever it was that she read there calmed her. She nodded. She then turned to leave.

"Khushi, wait for me.", Arnav requested.

He picked up a small jewel box that Di had entrusted him with and pocketed it. He checked that his phone was with him, and taking hold of her hand, left the room.

Nani, Anjali, Mami, Mamaji, Buaji, Payal, Amma, & Babuji watched Arnav and Khushi come down the stairs holding hands. 

"Hello Hi Bye Bye! Bhat a pair! Bilkul Romeo & Julietwaa!", said Mami.

Nani glared at her for invoking the name of ill-fated lovers.

"Hasn't Akash come down yet?", Arnav frowned. "NK was helping him'." He still held on to Khushi.

"Nannav, we are here'", said NK.

All turned to look at the boys.

Akash was wearing his sherwani, and looked very dapper in it, but his turban was askew.

"Ee kaa hua! Did you boys fight over the turban?", Mamaji asked, laughing.

"NK Bhai said that I should wear it at an angle, like a hat'", Akash said, looking at a beautiful Payal with shining eyes.

"This NK Babua! He will make his Maasi die laughing!", Mami exclaimed.

"Where were you till now, NK Bitwaa? You should have come earlier!", Mamaji teased Mami, and set the turban straight.

"Khushiji, Khushiji, doesn't Akash look good in his white sherwani?", NK asked.

"Very, Nanheji. Jiju looks good in everything he wears.", Khushi smiled. "You look handsome too.", she consoled him.

NK's face lit up. "Who looks the best, Khushiji? Akash in his white sherwani, me in my red sherwani, or Nannav in his old, boring, BLACK suit?", he teased Khushi.

Khushi looked at Jiju. He was handsome. She looked at Nanheji in red. He was very good looking. Seeing Khushi looking at him, he preened. Biting back a smile, Khushi looked at Arnavji. Her eyes got trapped in his, her breath hitched.

"Arnavji'", she said.

"That is partiality! That is beinaami, that is beinaami!", exclaimed NK.

"Beimaani, NK Bhai!", Akash & Anjali said together.

"Whatever.", pouted NK. "But it is still partiality!"

Arnav smiled into Khushi's eyes, expressing his happiness at her choice. Khushi blushed.

"They have become Heer & Mirza, and now Khushiji finds only Nannav handsome!!!", NK complained, hiding his smile.

"Hai Re Nandkisore!", Buaji cried. "Heer and Ranjha and Mirza & Sahibaan!"

NK frowned. "Who are the other two, Buaji?"

Buaji hit her forehead with her hand. All laughed.

Guests started arriving in earnest then, and both families set about welcoming them in. In the middle of the greetings and the laughter, the crowd and the joy, Arnav retained hold of Khushi's hand, pressing her fingers at intervals.

It was time for jaimala.

Arnav had to leave Khushi's side to support Akash during the function, but his eyes remained on her glowing face and twinkling eyes. Mamaji helped Babuji do the kanyadaan. The bride and the groom took the seven steps and the seven vows, and Arnav stood by Khushi, watching the wedding happen.

"Soon, it will be you in Payal's place.", he whispered in her ear.

"Acha?", she countered.

"And me in Akash's place.", he murmured.

"And if I say 'No'?", she teased.

"I will carry you away.", he promised.

Khushi looked at him with saucer-like eyes.

"I will carry you to a temple, and marry you. You won't have to take the seven phere. I will carry you around the havan.", he said softly.

Khushi looked at him in silence.

"And don't think anyone in our families is going to help you. They will all hold the doors open for us and cheer us on our way."

Khushi glared at him.

"And then we can have our suhaag raat.", he said, looking into her scared eyes with amusement.

Khushi gulped.

"Don't think I will let you sleep even for a moment, Khushi!", he warned, hiding his smile, loving her horrified look. "You are making me wait 6 months to marry you. So be ready to pay the price."

Part 17:Section 3: 80167090 Part 18:Section 2: 80357816 
rulama thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

Smita,😊

Here is the interpretation to Section 1 of Part 18.

Hearing Arnav proposing to her once again Khushi became unnaturally quiet. Arnav could feel her body that was responding to him go rigid. He shut his eyes in despair. He realized that she found it difficult to place her complete trust in him, trust enough to place her future in his hands a difficult proposition yet, regardless of how much she cared for him. How could she give her heart and life into the hands of the man who had never shown her the least consideration and had not let go of any chance to humiliate her, mock her and her values. He realized it was not an easy proposition for her to accept him or for him to overcome her trust issue. Schooling his features and in a voice devoid of emotion he asked her shall we go down? She lifted her head and looked into his eyes. She was reassured with whatever she found and when she turned to leave Arnav requested her to wait for him. Pocketing up a small jewel box that his Di had given along with his cellphone, he took hold of Khushi's hand and went downstairs.

The family watched Arnav and Khushi coming down with clasped hands. When Manorama commented that they remind of Romeo and Julliet, she received a glare from Nani for comparing these two, with the ill-fated couple. When he could not find Akash, Arnav frowned and asked whether he hadn't come down yet and NK had been helping him. While he was saying that he still held Khushi's hand in a firm clasp. He heard NK answering Nannav we are here. All eyes turned towards the boys. Akash in his sherwani was all spruced up  but for his askewed turban. When Mamaji looking at it asked Akash with a laugh, whether they had a fight over the turban, received a reply that it was NK's idea to wear it at an angle to make him look dashing. All though Akash was answering his father, his eyes were on Payal. Mami told that NK would be the reason for her demise, with his antics keeping her in constant state of laughter. Saying so she straightened the turban.

The ever exuberant NK who could never be suppressed for long called out to his friend, Khushiji and asked her didn't Akash look good in his white sherwani? Khushi with a lovely smile told him that he very much looked suave and whatever her Jiju wears always sat well on him. She graciously complimented NK that he looked elegant too. NK's face lit up like an incandescent bulb. It perked him up enough to teasingly ask her, Who looked the best? Whether it was Akash in white sherwani or himself in red sherwani or Nannav in his old monotone drab BLACK suit? Khushi speculated in her mind and looked at her Jiju, found him handsome. Nanheji she found boyishly, endearingly good looking. As Khushi's eyes moved on NK he groomed himself making Khushi bite back her laugh at his self consciousness. Gliding her eyes on to Aranvji she found her eyes held by his gaze making her feel all warm and she let out a breath with her verdict that it was Arnavji. NK protested against it saying that it was beinaami! Anjali and Akash together corrected him saying that it was beimaani. NK with lour told that whatever it was, it was absolute partiality. Arnav was a happy man. His disarming smile had her cheeks aflame. NK complained with his tongue in cheek that, the two love-birds had become Heer-Mirrza pair and now Khushiji finds only Nannav handsome. Buaji calling out to her Nandkisore, said that it was Heer and Ranjha and Mirza & Sahibaan! NK scrunching his eyebrows asked her who were the other two and this made her hit her forehead with her hand impling that he was a lost cause. The NK goof-up as usual elicited laughter from all.

When the guests started to pour in, both the families were ready to welcome them.

Arnav had Khushi's hand in his clasp all along giving it a gentle squeeze at intervals. He was not ready to let her go away from him. At the time of Jaimala, though he had to relinquish her hand to stand beside Akash, his eyes were centered on Khushi's glowing face with sparkling eyes. While Mamaji helped Babuji with the Kanyadaan, the bride and the groom completed the rituals of saath phere, Arnav stood beside Khushi watching the ongoings. In a whisper close to her ears he told her that soon it would be the two of them. She would take Payal's place while he would be in Akaash's. Khushi deciding to tease him a bit asked him what would happen if she said No? With a straight face he told her that he would carry her away making her doe eyes go wider still like a saucer. He continued to enlighten her that he would carry her to a temple and marry. He would not let her touch her feet to the ground for the saath phere as he would make sure she would be in his arms close to his heart while he circumambulates the havan kund. Khushi was stunned to silence at the force of his love. Continuing further he told her not to think of seeking help from both the families as they would only be helping him by holding the doors wide open and cheering them all the way.

Hearing his whispered words she glared at him. Trying to rile her up he took the word of suhaag raat and when he looked into her hazel eyes that were always expressive, to his amusement he found it to be holding expression of the scared eyes of the doe caught on the headlights of a vehicle at night. Khushi gulped looking at the determined seductive expression in his eyes. Bombarding her mind with thoughts, he told her not to think of sleep on their first night. He would not be letting her have even a wink. He warned her, hiding his roguish smile and loving her sullen look, saying that as she is making him wait for six months to marry her she has to compensate him for his wait and be ready to pay the price. There would be no respite for her.

This update, I am going to title as BATTLE! Don't What the! Unbelievable!! me. It's  definitely a battle that Arnav Singh Raizada is waging.

How did the update open as?

Khushi stilled, her body freezing in his arms.

Arnav shut his eyes in despair. He had hurt her too badly for her to trust him so easily, regardless of how much she cared for him.

But what did it follow from?

"Marry me, Khushi. I promise you, you will never have to sleep alone then. Never, Khushi. Not even a single night." His whisper sounded like a loud proclamation in the silent, waiting room.

What was the earlier paragraph about?

She clutched him closer still, burrowing into him, uncaring of her make up & fine clothes, wanting only his warmth, his company, the comfort that only he could provide... If only she could crawl into his clothes... she would be warm forever...

Got it? If not let me explain.

In this penultimate paragraph of the last update she came to realize that she derives comfort and feels secure only in his arms. If only she could crawl into his clothes she would be warm forever is her thought. What does it mean? It means in her heart she has accepted that he is the one for her.

Now coming to the last paragraph of the previous update he promises her to never let her feel scared or lonely and asks her to marry him. What does it mean?  It is an appeal to her mind to accept his love and proposal.

Coming to the present update the opening line says she froze in his arms hearing his proposal. What does it mean? It means though her heart has given its verdict, mind has refused to accept it.

The next paragraph gives the detail of how Arnav feels, seeing and feeling that she withholds from him. What does this mean?  He has realized that though Khushi has felt at home within his arms and though she feels that her home is where he is, her mind is yet to accept that she is his. It keeps warning the heart that the facts that have been presented before them are against being able to repose TRUST in him.

Khushi's heart has given her the verdict to go ahead and that's why she flung herself into his arms.

Khushi's mind has given her the verdict to stop, look and then proceed carefully. That's why she froze herself hearing his statement.

It was a split verdict.

It's the battle of the HEART Vs MIND.

"The difference between your mind and your heart:   Your mind tells you what is smart and your heart     tells you what you're going to do anyway"

Arnav Singh Raizada the shrewd tactician has realized this now! That's why he schooled his features and put on an expression that gave her the confidence,

confidence of not being forced to make a decision.

In the interpretation of section 3 of Part 16 titled Sanguine while describing Arnav Singh Raizada, I had written that he follows the Gandhian principle of one step backward to gain two step forward.

Well he is proving that to be true in this update. He offered her marriage and seeing her reaction he retracted by changing the subject and let the proposal  be status quo. He made her trust him enough to realize that he wouldn't be pressurizing her on this matter. It is her decision and that should be taken by her.

He keeps her hand in his clasp while greeting his acquaintances. Why? It is to assure her that he is with her. It was in front of these people only he had announced that he was getting engaged to Lavanya, and humiliated Khushi. It was in front of the same crowd he had broken her trust in him. It was in front of this crowd he broke the trust she had in herself of judging people right. If this self trust of hers is addressed, her trust in him too gets strengthened. That is why he held her hand throughout and squeezing it gently at times, giving her the reassurance that he could be trusted and she is right to place her trust in him.

"Trust is the fruit of a relationship in which you           know you are loved"

~ Wm. Paul Young

Though the family witnessed it, they had their faith in Arnav to do the right this time, to uphold their reputation. So they never voiced their thoughts against this public display.

NK who wants his friend Khushiji to come over to RM as his Nannav's wife, does his bit. He makes sure she voices out her opinion on her Arnavji right in front of both the families. Though it was done under the cover of jest, it had far fetched implications to Arnav. He knew she was attracted to him and cared a lot for him. But she had never verbalized how she saw him. When she said that he was the Adonis in her eyes, she boosted his confidence to woo her.

"Your greatness is revealed not by the lights that         shine upon you, but by the light that shines within     you"

~ Ray Davis

Throughout the function too he held her hand whenever he was free to do so. He kept whispering in her ears that it would be their turn next and when she playfully told him what if she doesn't agree he told her then he would have to resort to cave-man tactics and go in for a temple wedding. He would cherish her throughout his life. This he reinforced by telling her that he would not let her feet touch the ground as he would be carrying her in his arms while taking the vows in front of the holy fire. By doing so he would be promising her never to be given an opportunity to berate him for breaking her trust and the faith she holds in him.

"The easiest way to gain someone's trust is to               deserve it. This should be pretty easy, assuming         you're just being you and being real. Minimal             effort too"

~ Ashly Lorenzana

He has studied Khushi very well. Only when she is riled does the truth come out of her. She has always been a closed book otherwise with happiness oozing out as the cover. Riling her, he is making her commit, is my take on the scene. That is why he has the jewel box containing his family heirloom in his pocket for which  his Di was the Custodian. (You are welcome to prove me wrong)

In fact Arnav Singh Raizada is battling with Khushi Kumari Gupta's mind, abetting her heart to overpower the mind by giving it visual facts of, the present versus the past.

That's why it is BATTLE.

"Look and think before opening the shutter. The         heart and mind are the true lens of the camera"  

~ Yousuf Karsh

That's it from me. Hope you enjoy it!

ADDENDUM

I read certain comments and realized the title of the previous update seemed to have been confused. HOME IN and homing sound same but are a bit different.

Home in means you find out, zero in, range in.

Homing means returning.

Arshipriya16 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yeyy m d 1st for first time i cnt believe.Wow di kya update hai!!! khushi is like,
Hui nahi baat abhi ikraar ki,aur
aas lagaye saiyyan hamar suhaagrat ki!!!!
Khushi jaldi se haan kehdo warna tum toh gayi kaamse. & this was d 1st (romantic) shock for her "arnav is talking abt all this"!!! Thanks for pm di.Edited by Arshipriya16 - 11 years ago
BS.ILoveYou thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
RES...😃

UNRES...
Awwwsome adorable update like always... 🤗

Arnav Khushi Holding hands...               

Arnav darling in BLACK...  🤪 🤪 🤪 🤪 🤪 🤪 🤪 🤪

Arnav retained hold of Khushi's hand, pressing her fingers at intervals.                   

"And then we can have our suhaag raat.", he said, looking into her scared eyes with amusement.

Khushi gulped.

"Don't think I will let you sleep even for a moment, Khushi!", he warned, hiding his smile, loving her horrified look. "You are making me wait 6 months to marry you. So be ready to pay the price."
☺️  ☺️  ☺️  ☺️  ☺️  ☺️  ☺️  ☺️  ☺️  ☺️  ☺️   ☺️  ☺️  ☺️  ☺️  ☺️  ☺️

Yeh Arnavji mere kyu nahi hai... 

P.S: Arnavji ne pocketwa me kya dala...Ring hai kya..???? 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳  
P.P.S.:  Mere Monkeys aaj holiday pe hai..they refuse to work...!!! 😲 😆 

P.P.P.S: RashSmi...i an waiting for ur nxt PM... 😎

Edited by B.S.I_Love_You - 11 years ago
minakrish thumbnail
The updatewa was AWESOME as usual Smita!!! 👏 🤗

Khushi finds Arnav the most handsome and she said it in front of the whole family! 😳

Aah.. NK and his awesome Hindi! 😆 Loved the whole conversation! ❤️

Highlight: 

The bride and the groom took the seven steps and the seven vows, and Arnav stood by Khushi, watching the wedding happen.

"Soon, it will be you in Payal's place.", he whispered in her ear.

"Acha?", she countered.

"And me in Akash's place.", he murmured.

"And if I say 'No'?", she teased.

"I will carry you away.", he promised.

Khushi looked at him with saucer-like eyes.

"I will carry you to a temple, and marry you. You won't have to take the seven phere. I will carry you around the havan.", he said softly.

Khushi looked at him in silence.

"And don't think anyone in our families is going to help you. They will all hold the doors open for us and cheer us on our way."

Khushi glared at him.

Khushi gulped.

~~~~~~~~

The dialogues above ^^^.. OMG! Arnav teasing Khushi with Marriage and Suhaagraat plans??? ☺️ This is so not the Arnav we know!  ☺️

A.W.E.S.O.M.E.N.E.S.S.! ❤️

@Arnav - Way to go!!! Aise karte gaye to bohot jald KKG ban jayegi KASR! 😉

@Smita - Love you sooo much for the update... 🤗 This was so much worth the wait!!! 😳

Blow Kiss Blow Kiss Blow Kiss Blow Kiss

@Rashmi - Commented here before the updatewa! But still.. Love you! 🤗

Continue soon!

Loads of love, ❤️

Mrina 😊
Edited by -Mrinalini- - 11 years ago
shreyasonia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Absolutely adorable...I am loving this much in love arnav!!!!
hajr thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
So sweet part 18 was fab
 Poor Arnav have to wait 6 Month to get married