Posted: 10 years ago
Since last week, I've started watching MC as my kids' exams were on. Since the team challenge ep, I've noticed that Doyal gets ingredients in excess, well beyond what she'll be making. It's like if one idea flops, she has another option, if that too flops then there's yet another option. Like in the team challenge, she had 4-5 baskets full to overflowing. I mean, it was ridiculous!

Does she always do this?

I think there should be a restriction on how much a contestant can load up. A couple of extra ingredients are ok, but not the entire supermarket in one person's basket. Agreed, it's smart of her to think of contingencies which the others have not caught on to. Still it's ridiculous!

Do you agree or do you think Doyal is right to take advantage of the 2 minute access to the pantry?
Agree with each & every word written by you๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Š.
I think Doyal has a problem & seems always confused๐Ÿ˜• when team challenges comes.
Oh, I thought her name was Koyal.. I like her the least anyway, she is too irritating and gets unnecessary footage. 
I agree Doyal takes too much of unnecessary stuff, as back up options, but doesn't see that it would be wasted or not needed. In Yesterday's episode when she used black rice, & was told that it would take longer, she decided to dump that & get white rice, that was something that could be avoided.
Masterchef should not show how to prepare food but also that it should not be wasted.

Originally posted by Jodubai

I agree Doyal takes too much of unnecessary stuff, as back up options, but doesn't see that it would be wasted or not needed. In Yesterday's episode when she used black rice, & was told that it would take longer, she decided to dump that & get white rice, that was something that could be avoided.
Masterchef should not show how to prepare food but also that it should not be wasted.

We've never been shown if they do or don't use the entire stuff they procure. In fact, the recipes too are not entirely their brainchild. Last year, chef Ajay had stated that they guide the contestants on how make dishes from the ingredients selected or acc. to the challenge given. 

Then on what basis are the judges judging, when they themselves are helping the contestants.

Will try to find that quote from Chef Ajay (seriously miss him)
Judges r giving so much importance to Doyal

They give 2 mts to get theirs stuff doyal take so many things in that 2 mts.

Agree judges should not say anything when they r cooking.
I agree that she is confused and takes lots of stuff as back up. I don't think it is bad or something, coz this is a competition, and it is always good to have a back up. They were all given 2 min, n she picked up all in that time, so it it fair. I don't think there should be restriction as such.

I am strictly against waste of food. I believe they would not throw away the excess items contestants had picked, so it's cool.
I agree.. there should be some kind of limitations in the grocery..
I ve a totally different complaint. I hope ppl dont find my comment offensive ๐Ÿ˜•

I just hate the way she keeps scratching her head when the judges ask her something & then again resume her cooking. I find it GROSS! I also find her too loud & her celebrations a little artificial!

Of course this is my personal opinion & i hope i dint hurt any1 by this!
^ Somehow producers think every show needs a Rakhi Sawant or Rahul Mahajan. Doyal is the Rahul Mahajan of this show. Will go far but won't win