Bani - Ishq Da Kalma

04/01/13 - Mirage and realities...

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

-Fivr-

IF-Veteran Member

-Fivr-

Posted: 01 April 2013 at 9:08pm | IP Logged
A new week, a new Monday and a new episode to set the mood for this week.. The first week had been all about introducing each of the characters and their thoughts, the second delved a little further into Bani's motivations and family situations for her decision to marry an NRI (albeit PAINFULLY slowly..) and it seems that the third one is gearing up to be all about Bani's doubts and conflicted thoughts regarding this impending rishta.. Which is all good as long as they keep the pace similar to Friday's episode. LOL

In the very first scene with at the Gurdwara, I really did enjoy seeing Sohum finally let go in front of Bani and just TALK for a change.. He had finally found something that was more pressing in that moment than his feeling for her and that was his need/desire to protect her from harm. Which is why (in my opinion) for the first time since the start of this show, Sohum put aside his self imposed restriction and candidly spoke to Bani about the truth behind the NRI-dream.. That not every "NRI marriage" leads to a sure shot chance at happiness.. That there is a flip side to this rose-tinted dream that isn't that glamorous at all. And he was so earnest in his drive to SHOW Bani how an NRI husband may not be the "savior" she was making him out to be, so absolutely genuine in his care, as he explained to her the bleak outlook of Rano's life - the constant wait and the never ending hopelessness.. *sigh*

And as he explained all this, I could literally see the walls of Bani's make believe world crumble to the ground  - the world that her mother had led her to believe in.. the perfect world with a perfect NRI husband and a perfect life.. And for her to now realize that it may NOT be true and that this scenario may NOT actually lead to a happy ending was as serious a reality check as any! And if I am to be fair, I can honestly see why Sohum did not want to tell her about Rano initially.. Because to watch her collapse onto to that bench (or something like it..? LOL) in such complete despair was definitely sad to watch.. Especially the end shot of that scene where she lays her head against the edge of the tree in such a resigned manner - as if finally realizing k she may not actually be able to bring her family together using the "plan" she had been keeping her faith in.. Watching her realize that she may not actually be able to make her family reconcile by simply marrying an NRI and doing what she had planned to do initially definitely makes me feel that she had in her own naive way led herself to believe that it WOULD be this simple, that her marrying an NRI would be the solution to all her family's problems - which is something that Desho has been implying time and time again so I'm not surprised..

And while this reality check has probably left her in a bit of turmoil I guess it is better than the alternative of being oblivious to the reality entirely.. Because like they say, prevention is better than cure - it's definitely better that she gets hurt now if that means that she'll realize that this is not the definite claim to happiness her mother had made this out to be instead of her getting married and then realizing the same once she's in a situation like Rano's. Although for the sake of the show, I do think that she will get married regardless. LOL

In the rest of the episode, mami jee just kept inching closer and closer to the edge of "dai-ing".. LOL And when she wasn't doing that she was busy flaunting her big house and bigger future house and "perfect" kids as PROOF (apparently!) that London is better than India.. *snorts* Oh such people just make me want to blow raspberries at them while they talk.. LOL Sadly, Desho doesn't agree with me in this regard and she was literally LAPPING up the whole spiel! *shakes head* I just hope that whenever her rose-tinted glasses do come off with regards to the "awesomeness" of life abroad, that it isn't too late and there aren't too many regrets she has to live with..

Although, looking at the precap it does seem inevitable that she will make some mistakes that she'll regret.. While Bani has begun to question the quality of her possible life as an NRI's wife, Desho has literally seen the "dream" and refuses to open her eyes to any amount of reality any more. Bani doesn't want to end up like Rano but I do feel that that may be exactly how thing turn out for her due to her mother's stubbornness. Because I think while Bani may try to "explain" to Desho her POV about not wanting to marry an NRI anymore and even (maybe?) protest against it, at the end of the day Desho will by force or (most likely) by emotional blackmail get Bani to reconsider and surrender to her wishes.. Especially now that the NRI rishta has been pakkafied!

Which also reminds me.. Sohum hasn't even APPLIED for a visa yet? *smacks forehead* Lag gaya ab toh visa aur ho gayi shadi Bani sey.. D'oh

Anywho, here's to hoping that we have a well paced episode tomorrow and that it does not END at the precap but rather builds ON it tomorrow! *fingers and toes and eyes crossed* LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-hinz-RD-manzilmukulAreYaar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "04/01/13 - Mirage and realities..." in Bani - Ishq Da Kalma forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 01 April 2013 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
I just managed to watch Friday's and today's epi abhi...Navni was FANTASTIC in the Friday epi.

And it was deffo a change to see a Sohum talking so frankly with Bani...lol...

I think Sohum did apply for his visa...he mentioned it in Friday's epi to Ghuggi...he's waiting for it to come through...that's what he's probably talking to an agent about.

LOL this whole perception that yahaan pe ghar MEHEL jaise hain and all...man it is so very true...to date I've had ppl saying that to me...even now in this era of globalization when you get literally EVERYTHING in India...still there is that awe ki jaise baahar koi magic hai.

As an aside, Shefali needs to work on her acting in these emotional scenes...especially dialogue-delivery wise...both her and Sohum actually could use work on that.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-hinz-Fivr-

-Fivr-

IF-Veteran Member

-Fivr-

Posted: 01 April 2013 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

I just managed to watch Friday's and today's epi abhi...Navni was FANTASTIC in the Friday epi.

Oh you did!! Big smile Was it not a great episode after the ghaseetofying on Tuesday-Thursday!? I was seriously so excited all Friday and then I got done with tutoring by 11pm and was ready to crash. I did rant about Friday's episode in a post I made yesterday though just for my benefit so at least I could get it out of my system.. LOL Navni was pure brilliance yaar! Yehi toh baat hoti hai seasoned actors ki! Big smile

And it was deffo a change to see a Sohum talking so frankly with Bani...lol...

LOL! I was surprised initially k he wasn't being all khadoos with her but then it didn't take me that long to feel like it was totally natural that he was being this civil/frank with her.. I wonder where they go from now? Now that he's been this open and easy to converse with around her, will he go back to monosyllabic conversations?  LOL

I think Sohum did apply for his visa...he mentioned it in Friday's epi to Ghuggi...he's waiting for it to come through...that's what he's probably talking to an agent about.

Oh! Arey haan! I forgot about that.. Chalo phir theik hai! And with the suggestion k he is from another pind there is always that possibility that he just recently came across Bani and fell for her toh it may just have worked out such k even at his fastest, this is the best that could be done.. It's not necessarily that he was procrastinating after knowing Bani for years because that's what I'd thought at first.

LOL this whole perception that yahaan pe ghar MEHEL jaise hain and all...man it is so very true...to date I've had ppl saying that to me...even now in this era of globalization when you get literally EVERYTHING in India...still there is that awe ki jaise baahar koi magic hai.

Magic hi hai! Wahan ghar barey hoon toh naukar chakar bhi hote hain aur yahan sirf ghar hi barey hote hain, kaam phir bhi sara khud hi karna hota hai.. Barey ghar waley bhi naukar banney phir rahe hote hain.. ho gaya na magic! LOLLOL

As an aside, Shefali needs to work on her acting in these emotional scenes...especially dialogue-delivery wise...both her and Sohum actually could use work on that.

I'm guessing they'll eventually get better.. HOPEFULLY.. So far I can handle this much but once the scenes get more invested and characters more developed, I would definite want them to emote better.. Here's to hoping that they get better with time! For a new pair they are doing okay for now - at least for me.. I mean we've definitely seen worst! LOLLOL

P.S. I have just raided the Gulaal Gallery and I cannot believe I had never seen these creations before that are in my dabba now. LOVE this scene! Had almost forgotten about it.. Day Dreaming

-Swetha-manzilmukulAreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 01 April 2013 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Fivr-

P.S. I have just raided the Gulaal Gallery and I cannot believe I had never seen these creations before that are in my dabba now. LOVE this scene! Had almost forgotten about it.. Day Dreaming

You FORGOT this scene?? ShockedShockedShocked How COULD you, Fivraaayyy? I STILL sigh like mad over this scene no matter how many times I watch itDay Dreaming...I'd made these a while back in one of those nostalgia fits only...lol...always wanted to capture the dialogues...this is a GENIUS GENIUS piece of acting from both Neil and Manasi...the VOICE MODULATION by both of them gets me everytime.

On a different note, your GK nostalgia has also inspired me to make a new VM...haha...in the works now.

-Swetha--Fivr-manzilmukul

-Fivr-

IF-Veteran Member

-Fivr-

Posted: 01 April 2013 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AreYaar

You FORGOT this scene?? ShockedShockedShocked How COULD you, Fivraaayyy? I STILL sigh like mad over this scene no matter how many times I watch itDay Dreaming...I'd made these a while back in one of those nostalgia fits only...lol...always wanted to capture the dialogues...this is a GENIUS GENIUS piece of acting from both Neil and Manasi...the VOICE MODULATION by both of them gets me everytime.

On a different note, your GK nostalgia has also inspired me to make a new VM...haha...in the works now.

Yaar when I said forgot, I meant that I didn't think of this scene right off the bat when I was looking for something for my dabba.. *embarrassed muh* You know how I tend to be more drawn towards the angst-y stuff toh when I think of GK, I scenes that come more prominently to mind are the "tu hai meri pareshani", the Kesar confession scene, that GK argument about Dushyant (the first scene I watched), the baat teri jo thie scene (which I was reminded of even more today by the quote in your dabba.. LOL), the "warna kya" scene between GK.. Toh isi tarhan k scenes I think of first when nostalgia hits me. The other scenes come back to me slowly (like a minute later).. And I'm just so glad that I happened upon these new creations and even more glad that you had a nostalgia session! LOLLOL.. I especially LOVE the fact that you highlighted the dialogues in that scenes.. Day Dreaming Kesar and his deflection.. LOL

And I think that ends my off-topic detour for the night.. LOL

@bold: I can sleep happy now.. Day Dreaming Can't wait!

-Swetha-manzilmukulAreYaar

AreYaar

IF-Addictz

AreYaar

Posted: 01 April 2013 at 11:05pm | IP Logged

. And I'm just so glad that I happened upon these new creations and even more glad that you had a nostalgia session! LOLLOL.. I especially LOVE the fact that you highlighted the dialogues in that scenes.. Day Dreaming Kesar and his deflection.. LOL

And I think that ends my off-topic detour for the night.. LOL

@bold: I can sleep happy now.. Day Dreaming Can't wait!

LOL you mean the..."Kaisa hai tu?...TU kaisi hai?" bit? Gaaah I HEART that bit like CRAZYDay DreamingLOL...I dunno if it was deflection or simple instinct...it didn't matter how HE was...he wanted to know how SHE is...2 years later I can still gush non-stop about this scene *sigh* lol

Ok I'm done with the VM...guess I can sleep happy now too...see ya tomorrow!

-Swetha--Fivr-manzilmukul

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.