Pakistani Serials

Best drama portrayal of Umera Ahmed's novels?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 21

Page 1
Page   of 21
Page 2 Page 21

khoslakadhokla

IF-Rockerz

khoslakadhokla

Posted: 01 April 2013 at 10:52am | IP Logged

Umera Ahmed-- the lady needs no introductions! She is easily one of my most favourite writers. Her work really draws in the readers and takes them to a world that's familiar yet very different. 
You really end up falling in love with the protagonist and feel the struggle he/she goes through. 

Now, many of her novels have been made into dramas...it becomes even harder to do justice when it comes to such talented writers like her! And, its a given that they'd never be able to match 100% to the novel... However, which drama(s) based on her novels do you think portrayed her work the best?

Do Share!  :) 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

rinkubathija12rainbowcolorssanayahnomad.ness.SilentPrincessstarstruckksonu-monuDexterkilaila

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Best drama portrayal of Umera Ahmed's novels?" in Pakistani Serials forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Gujar

IF-Rockerz

Gujar

Posted: 01 April 2013 at 11:50am | IP Logged
i'd say ZGH

Welcome Ania

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nomad.nessstarstruckkkhoslakadhoklaSanju_

khoslakadhokla

IF-Rockerz

khoslakadhokla

Posted: 01 April 2013 at 11:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 2direct.

i'd say ZGH

Welcome Ania

Hey 2D! 

Is ZGH that good? 
Every desi person I know has been praising it endlessly. I guess I should really give it a try...  But, then the same craze was there with Humsafar too. LOL

I think MZZB was quite good too. I seriously fell in love with the character of Saba...she earned my respect! Star

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

nomad.nessstarstruckkGujarOnlyHope.Sidra

Gujar

IF-Rockerz

Gujar

Posted: 01 April 2013 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by khoslakadhokla

Hey 2D! 

Is ZGH that good? 
Every desi person I know has been praising it endlessly. I guess I should really give it a try...  But, then the same craze was there with Humsafar too. LOL

I think MZZB was quite good too. I seriously fell in love with the character of Saba...she earned my respect! Star

I'd definitely recommend it Ania :-), the show certainly lives up to the hype it's generated IMO, the plus point aside from the usual factors is how maturely they've presented the drama and the subsequent detailing of subject matters.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Uzma005nomad.nessprc_fan1starstruckkkhoslakadhoklaOnlyHopeSanju_

-Maha-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Maha-

Posted: 01 April 2013 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
IMO its MZZB .That show was a complete package,Script was really well written and the actors were brilliant.
In ZGH She did not do justice with kashaf's character.In novel i never felt that she is over reacting on some occasions but here the case is different.the reason could be that they edited few uni shots to give space to other characters like asmara.
ZGH is amazing but if we compare it with novel than I feel that Novel was better but this is strictly my personal opinion.
I think its really hard to do justice with Umera's novels.For example Man-o-salwa,that was a beautiful novel but drama failed to create that kind of impact.

Edited by -Maha- - 01 April 2013 at 2:40pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sweet-knifeBullsEye777SilentPoetmz.gigglezUsman.

starstruckk

IF-Rockerz

starstruckk

Posted: 01 April 2013 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
Heyy! nice to see you posting here.

I would agree with 2direct..ZGH for me too. 

Firstly, Umera is one of my most favorite writers, and my most favorite Pakistani writer. I completely agree with how you described her work. She indeed takes you into such a familiar yet different kind of world. And, I think I've fallen in love with all her protagonists...here, in the case of ZGH..Kashaf, the female protagonist is what made me fall in love with the show. Her struggles, her insecurities, inferiority complex, outer toughness yet someone who fears the world inside is something that I feel everyone in particularly girls can relate to. Granted there are some things one may not understand about Kashaf..she's just so real and all credit goes to Umera Ahmed for her brilliance in writing that character and then obviously the one who's portraying it - Sanam Saeed. Everything else in the show, whether it's Fawad's character, Zaroon, Kashaf's mom..the friends etc etc, all are people I've seen or know in reality and you just can't help but relate and feel what everyone goes through. I've also read the novel..and while I feel the novel was better in some parts..at this point in the show..I feel it's better than the novel. And, once again that's because Umera added certain awesome factors to the show's script which were not there in the novel, and it just turned out so much better. I would highly recommend this show if you haven't started it yet. It's something different than the usual, especially the characters. It's refreshing to see Umera tackle romance in her own amazing, subtle way too (as usually, Umera doesn't really focus on romance) 

I love MZZB too..but I couldn't relate to that show on a personal level..like I have been able with ZGH so ZGH edges MZZB for me. Though MZZB was brilliant to say the very least. I feel me being able to relate to desi shows/characters is a rarity and when I do - I end up loving it all. LOL I also loved Lahasil with Faiza Hassan, Fahad Mustafa, Noman Ejaz etc. So, these three would be my top 3 shows based off of her novels wiith ZGH being # 1 right now. 

I'd also like to add that Umera's most extraordinary work are the ones that aren't adapted from her novels. I absolutely loved Daam, Malal, Durre Shahwar & Wujood e Laraib..and it's amazing how they weren't based off of any novel yet so unique.  This woman always surprises me every time. Apart from her amazing characters, her dialogues are just too good. They stick with you for a long time. That's hardly seen with other writers..most of the time you just forget what the characters had to say and just remember the characters and that's it. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

aj_12nomad.nessGujar

starstruckk

IF-Rockerz

starstruckk

Posted: 01 April 2013 at 3:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by 2direct.

i'd say ZGH

Welcome Ania

if a guy praises a desi show..in my opinion it has to be really good. LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

GujarOnlyHope