Navya

Somya I do write poems but I don't want to share

navya19 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
I do write poems but I don't want to share them with anyone: Soumya Seth

We quizzed TV star Soumya Seth, currently essaying the role of the beautiful Aaradhya in Dil Ki Nazar Se - Khoobsurat (Shashi Sumeet Mittal Productions) on how important is beauty to her in real life. The interview drifted to a few other topics too like what kind of roles and shows was she open to doing, if she has a boyfriend or not and whether she is still writing poetry et al.
Excerpts: If you were to be born with either beauty or brains, which one would you choose and why? I would definitely choose brains.
Brains is permanent while beauty is transient.

You often hear people say, "Beauty is skin deep." What do you have to say on that?
To me beauty is heart deep.

How important is looks for you while choosing a partner?
Though it is not too important, it is important in a way.

Would you advise Aaradhya not to be too fussy about people's looks?
Aradhya has been conditioned to like just handsome people. That is not her fault as her thought pattern has been determined by the environment in which she was in. As long as Aaradhya isn't killing anyone, I think it is absolutely fine. She is fun loving and doesn't cry. I think she rocks and should go on just the way she is.

What do you think of the fairy tale The Beauty and the Beast on which your show is based?
It's a beautiful story. Though Beauty wasn't a princess (in the beginning of the story), I consider her as one.

You are a poet. Do you still write verse?
I do write poems but don't want to share them with anyone. In poetry too, there are many poems on beautiful women or eulogizing the beauty of women.

Do you think it imparts a positive or negative message on the society?
Praising the beauty of women in verse is fine as long as it doesn't get cheesy.

What do you prefer: acting or anchoring?
I like both. When I am acting, I am living another person's life and while anchoring I am interacting with many people.

Are you open to participating in Bigg Boss?
I am not open to participating in Bigg Boss as I want my personal life to be personal.

What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses as an actor?
My greatest strength as an actor is that I measure up to the character very well. I don't know what my greatest weakness as an actor is. The day I will come to know about it, I hope that it will be my greatest strength.

What kind of roles would you never do?
I am open to doing all kinds of roles.

What is your dream role like?
My dream role would be to play a heroine in a Yash Chopra film. As he is no more, that seems highly impossible.

Mona Singh had played the desi Ugly Betty. A fair complexioned Mahi Vij was made to look dusky in Laagi Tujhse Lagan. Would you like to play a character in which you are made to look ugly?
I don't mind doing a role like that.

What if Aaradhya meets with an accident which makes her turn ugly? Would you prefer that than your show going the conventional Beauty and the Beast route?
Beauty and the Beast is not a usual story. However, if a track like that comes up, I would be happy to execute it.

Do you have a boyfriend? What qualities are you looking for in your life partner?
I am single. I am not looking for a boyfriend as I want a permanent relationship. You can break-up when you have a boyfriend whereas I believe that marriages are forever. I wouldn't like my husband to be from the TV industry as it gets boring when your other half is from the same profession. I really don't want my husband to come back and talk about the character he is playing. The main quality that my husband should have is that he should be eligible to stand in front of my parents.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

annasweety thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I wouldn't like my husband to be from the TV industry ๐Ÿ˜”ye kya hai
barunshaheer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
tfs,well said somya but last answer๐Ÿ˜”
cma_luvanya thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
TFS dear :-)
loved all d answers of Somya..her thot n answers r so sensible n mature..

The last answer sounds abit unexcepted n unwanted 4 v Shamya fans..but whatsoevr v cant force her or say them 2 b together..
I m happy dat Shamya r still very gud frens n moreover as long as they rnt seen wid other i wil keep my hope intact n wil pray 4 it as i believe they both r d best1 4 eachothr as dey think alike r alike n in Smya's own words they both r perfectly eligible2 stand infornt of eachothr's parents..
HOPING ND PRAYING FOR D BEST IN SHAMYA'S LIFE :-)
rashvin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
tfs. very genuine and thoughtful words indeed... somya is simple and tough either as her thoughts r measurable.. but the last one seems so pale for us.. hopefully her mind change on that
momorockz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: annasweety

I wouldn't like my husband to be from the TV industry ๐Ÿ˜”ye kya hai

heee dii itna udhas mat ho tv actor nahi chahiye per lawyer tou chale ga na๐Ÿ˜‰