Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

India-Forums

|DOTW| - How much spoiling is too much spoiling? (Page 2)

Justlikethat1 IF-Sizzlerz
Justlikethat1
Justlikethat1

Posted: 31 March 2013 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Xari, you talked wonderful senseClap

Spoiling someone is not bad really but there needs to be a limit in everything and spoiling has a limit. There are parents who over indulge their kids today and I think these parents forget that the child would either be scorned or become a bully if they just let this superiority get to them Confused

@Sunny - Don't you think that even if you have the world at your feet, not teaching your child to be sensible like Swasthi says will lead to disaster? Yes.. Being a billionaire has its perks but over indulgence will lead to a sense of false superiority which when broken will lead to very bad consequences/

Take Rashi for instance. Her false sense of superiority, that she is bigger and greater than anyone around her led to her thinking that she needs to bring anybody better than her down,especially Gopi.
That is also the reason she thinks she has the right to everything  without even trying. If she wishes it, she wants it, no question who suffers or what others have to go throughDead

The saddest part of parents over indulging children is that these children will not and do not understand the amount of hardwork and effort that goes into making their whims and fancy come true.

Is it not the responsibility of elders to show the child the right from wrong? That is why I really dislike it when Baa and Hetal keep saying Rashi is just a kid. A 25 year old, lazy, selfish person is not a child. Rashi can be spoiled but at what cost? How can her no-guilt torture of those around be called as childish?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Xarina

Justlikethat1
Justlikethat1

Posted: 01 April 2013 at 11:42am | IP Logged
One question.. Was Rashi angry that she was not pampared like a 'Boy' would be or was she really angry at what Urmi did for the act? Sorry I can never tell with RashiWink

BTW, one thing is for sure.. Rashi thinks that she deserves the same treatment from her mom as she thought a son would have.. I do not think she got any less pampering. It made her who she is today. Selfish.. So she has to learn to take the good with the bad

Like she accepts Urmi's words as bible when it suits her, she has to take her mother's evil ideas along with it.. But just like Rashi to make herself self righteousSmile
yhm_craze IF-Rockerz
yhm_craze
yhm_craze

Posted: 01 April 2013 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
Brilliant topic Harini! Star But instead of typing nonsense, I am going to give this a thought and come back with my comment! Big smileEmbarrassed

Justlikethat1

Justlikethat1
Justlikethat1

Posted: 02 April 2013 at 5:25am | IP Logged
This is just absolutely rich.. Watched the SBS segment for today..

Now after Gopi saves Urmi from the lorry, after Rashi has her say to her mother, she comes home and berates GopiShockedAngry  Well, that is great coming from Rashi.

Can one be that spoiled that they do not even see another person standing in front of them or their PoV atleast later?Sleepy

Xarina

Xarina IF-Sizzlerz
Xarina
Xarina

Posted: 02 April 2013 at 5:37am | IP Logged
I knew just knew Rashi would only look out for herself.  But what did she vent for?  Saving Urmila from the lorry or keeping secrets?

Justlikethat1

Justlikethat1
Justlikethat1

Posted: 02 April 2013 at 5:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Xarina

I knew just knew Rashi would only look out for herself.  But what did she vent for?  Saving Urmila from the lorry or keeping secrets?

She said she is angry with her mom but still Urmi is her mom and told Gopi that if something had happened to Urmi, she would have never forgiven Gopi ever..
So I guess now it is all Gopi's fault.. God Rashi can be such a self obsessed person.Dead

I see Gopi's hand is bandaged. So Gopi falls under the lorry to save her maami and instead of thanks she gets a bit of Rashi's mind and self obsession. GreatSleepy

Xarina

Xarina IF-Sizzlerz
Xarina
Xarina

Posted: 02 April 2013 at 6:12am | IP Logged
We go from the spoilt, who is reaping all the rewards to the unspoilt who is now treated like a mushroom.  Dead  Makes you wonder if this world is no longer for the good people anymore.

Justlikethat1

Justlikethat1
Justlikethat1

Posted: 02 April 2013 at 6:28pm | IP Logged
 I am actually glad about how the CVs made today's episode..

I loved her style of parenting today.Smile
She did not let Gopi's hand go did she? It looked like that but she actually did not.. I think Koki has let go to bring Gopi back to her, this time closer and more wise than ever before..

What is needed at one particular time in a child's life is for parents to let go. If one keeps telling them that the fire hurts, they will not understand. One time they see how much a fire hurts in real, they will never make the same mistake again..

I think that is where Koki is going. She has, numerous times told Gopi not to hide things about UrShi and also has told her that UrShi are selfish and greedy and are at times totally wrong.. Gopi has always listened but never completely. It was like she did not want to believe. But now, this time around, Koki has let Gopi go for all intents and purposes but we see her at every step driving the point into Gopi.. "See this is what I warned you. This is what I told you"

Gopi is seeing the truth for herself.. Is this track the one that will remove GOpi's rose tinted glasses from her eyes.. I so wish it isBig smile

Edited by Justlikethat1 - 02 April 2013 at 6:28pm

Go to top