Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

BW CC #118 (Page 89)

Post Reply New Post

Page 89 of 138

.Elixir.

IF-Sizzlerz

.Elixir.

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
If Holi scene was so offending, I really didn't see any uproar about it in India. Ermm Usually any minor thing gets blown up.

PH has to be more sensitive I guess.

Edited by .DejaVu - 09 April 2013 at 11:41pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "BW CC #118 (Page 89)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -ChillMahaul-

those families are not considered/portrayed pious or conservative or "Real Muslims"

I don't think anyone should be judging people about being real hindus or muslims or whatever. That is a headache for God, assuming such an entity exists.

(yeah I know I know, the mazaar culture is a much later development and isn't actually there in Quran/Hadith)

Kal I wouldn't be complaining if she didn't start with I'm gonna clear the misconceptions people have against Muslims.. she's not clearing nothing.. she's confusing them

Sounds like a Muslim version of Ekta Kapoor. LOL

Edited by Kal El - 09 April 2013 at 11:44pm

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
Lots of people in the subcontinent participate in each other's community festivals. Hindus in Muslim and Christian's and Muslims in Hindus and all that. Nothing harmful in it really. Movies/tv have used that this fact to underscore communal harmony for ages now.

Originally posted by Kal El

Originally posted by .DejaVu

Originally posted by Kal El

Are they playing holi on their own or attending some Hindu friend/relative's Holi party or something? 

I think its some family friends.

That's perfectly normal. Happens in real life too.

Not all the things that happen are right..

Being a Muslim I have a big problem if they show me the way they desire and not the way it actually is.. Muslims are not supposed to play Holi period.

^ Ofcourse the target audience is Hindu then why did they show family Muslim.. Confused

anyways I'm done on the religious debate Big smile

You gotta loosen up some.

Edited by Kal El - 09 April 2013 at 11:39pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ANNMT.Dexterkilaila

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
..I know a bunch of Muslims who play Holi. I didn't know it wasn't allowed.

But I think Qubool Hai is kinda modern and not extremely conservative. If it was that conservative, then Zoya would even wear different types of clothes correct?  Confused There was a HUGE debate on QH forum about this ages back..it got really nasty actually.

Edited by chocolover89 - 09 April 2013 at 11:43pm

ANNMT..Elixir.

.Elixir.

IF-Sizzlerz

.Elixir.

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

But I think Qubool Hai is kinda modern and not extremely conservative. If it was that conservative, then Zoya would even wear different types of clothes correct?  Confused There was a HUGE debate on QH forum about this ages back..it got really nasty actually.

Zoya is from "NY" so she can wear jeans.LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

chocolover89

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:47pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by chocolover89

LOL Ah good old Bollywood logic. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Elixir.

khoslakadhokla

IF-Rockerz

khoslakadhokla

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
The biggest issue is stereotyping...nothing gets portrayed the way it actually is! Be it Hindu or Muslim culture, these serials just get blown out of proportion... its like

-No, bahu ranis don't wear chamkeeli saris with gehnas 24/7 and sleep with their makeup on! 
-No, not all the mother-in-laws are evil and scheming.
-No, not all "good" women are bechaari lachaari who never speak up when it matters and keep things in their heart forever!
-No, not all muslims go to Mazaars to pray! 

There is no frackin' realism in these soap operas! :/ 

Dexterkilaila.Elixir.

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 11:48pm | IP Logged

Gotta love desi soaps LOL

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.