FF: PalyGirl's Upcoming Mysteries - UPDATED

PalyGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Hello. I've gotten a lot of PM's lately asking about my writing. Thank you to everyone who wrote to me. Yes, I have started my new book which is about a NRI boy and local girl, set in the City Beautiful, Chandigarh! 

Everyone who reads it will be part of the CREATION of this new novel. I'll post the first draft, which means my betas have given the chapters a single read. YOU will be able to make any suggestions you like. I'll try to incorporate them if the blend into the plot.

These chapters will be so raw you will even see sections marked "add details here." I'll focus on plot, pace and character development but not on setting. I want to keep the first draft clean so you can easily follow the plot without being distracted by the details.

Here is my first (very poor) attempt at a plot summary:

Tarek Mirza has come to Chandigarh to destroy the man who abandoned his mother 25 years ago. He has wealth, intelligence and a cunning plan. All he needs is the PERFECT PARTNER. 

Aasha Dale is fighting to put her life back together. She has seen the worst of people and knows the rich American is not who he pretends to be. Still, she agrees to guide him through his new house renovation.

Tarek and Aasha grow closer, building a bright, promising future they never expected. Until Aasha discovers the real reason Tarek came to India. But it's too late for her to break away from him. Tarek's plan has turned her into a target, subjecting her to increasingly dangerous attacks.  

Tarek has sworn to protect her but can Aasha trust her life to the man who broke her heart?

I'll start posting the new novel in October. I'll send out PMs to everyone on my friend's list. Please join if you would like to be notified of new chapters.

Thank you,

Paly

===

Thank you to everyone who left such wonderful feedback to my first Qubool Hai fanfic "For You I Will":

and for my little OS "What's in a Name":

Several people have requested summaries of the upcoming mystery and adventure stories I'm plotting for our favorite show. Below are the teasers for the next four QH fanifcs I'm working on, in the order they will be posted. Each story will get progressively longer and more intricate as I learn the rhythms and patterns of the show and the characters.

About me: I aspire to be a great writer! My forte is mysteries and "missing episode" style stories. QH is only the second show I've enjoyed enough to write fanfiction. My previous TV show was a little-seen American series called "Veronica Mars". I wrote 14 mysteries and several other stories. They can be found at:

I can't give a timeline on the new QH stories just yet. I hope to have the full summaries, for at least the first two stories, ready in the next few weeks. I expect to post the first chapter of "Web of Lies" by the end of April.

I hope you'll enjoy my new work!

WEB OF LIES

Zoya's friend, Malak Hussein, comes from New York with an irresistible offer: an IT contract that will allow her to extend her Indian visa! Zoya is thrilled by both the job opportunity and having an American friend in Bhopal. Asad is decidedly less happy, especially after Malak makes it clear that he wants Zoya away from Asad's oppressive influence.

Zoya soon realizes that things are not what they seem at her new office.  Worse, Malak comes to work with increasingly serious injuries. As Asad becomes more and more hostile, Zoya is forced to deal with issues on her own, with devastating results. If Zoya can't get through to Asad, she may be trapped forever in a rapidly escalating WEB OF LIES.

ALL THE RIGHT MOVES

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3796442

Dilshad invites cricket player Rohan Saxena to stay with them while he headlines a local fund-raising program. Zoya and Najma swoon over having cricket's bad boy under their roof. That is, until Zoya begins to notice inconsistencies in the gorgeous sports star's actions. She suspects Rohan's handsome face and perfect body hides an ugly secret which could harm Dilshad.

Asad is disgusted by "Go-On" Rohan's antics and Zoya's supposed infatuation with the cricket star. Then Zoya's secret investigation goes too far, injuring her and endangering Ayaan. Now Asad won't let her out of his sight. Zoya must unravel the clues before Asad and Rohan go head-to-head to determine which of them truly has ALL THE RIGHT MOVES.

GHOST IN THE MACHINE

Asad tries to control his frustration as Zoya's new file storage and retrieval system turns his office upside down. His patience is rewarded when her trend-tracking analysis reveals an unpleasant pattern of systemic money bleeding. Asad has an embezzler working for him.

Knowing Zoya's impulsive nature and penchant for attracting trouble, Asad forbids her from investigating further. Insulted by what she interprets as his lack of confidence in her abilities, Zoya goes undercover in Asad's office. Unfortunately, she doesn't count on the embezzler's desperation to keep his money flow going. Even worse, Zoya must face Asad's wrath when he finds out that she's still risking her life to track the GHOST IN THE MACHINE.

PERFECT PARTNER

Friends of Zoya's Jeeju come to India for a 3-week stay. Zoya temporarily moves back into her family home to play hostess to Mr. and Mrs. Aziz and their 19-year-old son, Samir. Rattled by the separation, the Khans find every excuse to spend as much time as possible in Zoya's house. Najma and Dilshad are distraught to be separated from Zoya. Asad is suspicious of Samir, who sports ratty hair, face piercings and a surly attitude.

Asad's suspicion turns to alarm when Sayed, the Aziz's older son, joins his family. Sayed is 26, wears jeans, owns his own successful San Francisco-base web-design company and shares Zoya's ability to find trouble. Asad's temper ignites as he faces a threat he's never known before. He must compete with a man who could truly be Zoya's PERFECT PARTNER.

Edited by PalyGirl - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

havokhotline thumbnail
I'm going to tell you something.

But you have to promise not to be creeped out.

YOU are. . . 

*dramatic pause*

My dream come true.

Are you for real, woman?! Just the friggin blurbs of these stories have me hooked!

I think you should go professional, like for real. I'm not kidding! "For You I Will" was one of the best fanfics in this forum, hands down!

I think you write like a Goddess. You now have, in me, a ridiculously overbearing fangirl who's going to make your life miserable by annoying you every waking second about these stories. :)

I hugged, like really hugged, the laptop in excitement after I read this post!

These are the most ingenious and unique storylines I've read in a while. 

For just a second there, I forgot all about Qubool Hai as a show and all I could think of was you as an independent writer!

Great job at this, PalyGirl! You have me hooked. 

Love ;) 
Edited by havokhotline - 11 years ago
soumyasingh thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I think I love you...
no seriously...I do...😳

You are like one of the best writers here...
an with teasers of 4 stories you kinda made my day...

...SankaDevi... thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Paly,

Are you for real?? No seriously, I love them!! You have to write all of these!! Your first FF: For You I Will,  was the best. The BEST. 

If you don't believe me, then jahapanah ki six packs ki kasam!😆 
Anyway you have to continue these and PM me!!

Take Care,
Sammy❤️
shewolf thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
the previews are amazing I mean each story..and I'm really looking forward to reading them (:

and definitely yes, you should write professionally I'll be the first to purchase the first copy! :)
grad2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
you're too good!! i loved the for you i will and cant wait for the new one to start :) plzz do update soon!!!
HR-DMG4life thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Can't wait to read them :-)
asyakiideewani thumbnail
Are you for real.i loved it.
sophie420 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
looking forward to reading them, they sound Amazing!
I'm not sure If, I've read your FF: For You I Will, if you don't mind can you pm me the link; cause I tried looking for it and I couldn't find it.
Thank-you. 

Edited by sophie420 - 11 years ago
...Smile... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I loved the teasers please do write soon.