Posted: 11 years ago
The kind of adulation that is being showered on the leads of this show amazes me! Okay, I come from a land where actor cut-outs are showered with milk and flowers, not to forget currency notes! So, this should not really come as a surprise. But the fact that TV stars also enjoy this kind of a fan following is a bit of a surprise. 

I think I am little too old today to be a crazy fan! It is characters that attract me more than the actors. Reason why I do not bother to watch Sharad Kelkar's other show even while I simply adore him as Ashutosh.

But I do recall a time when I was a crazy fan! Thought I'd share the experience with you. Maybe, there would be others with similar experiences that they would like to share too. So, all of us can collectively laugh over how crazy we have been or are!

This was back when I doing my PG. I was 23 then, married with two kids. And yet, I was quite crazy about Akshay Kumar. He was an absolute hunk back then and his goofy grin was of the cho chweet variety!

Anyway, so Akshay was shooting for one of the Khiladi films, don't recall which one. My friend and I were both students of journalism and interning for a local newspaper. So, dropping by at a film set was not such a big deal. The only problem was that it was pouring cats and dogs that day. Neither of us had a car. We used to travel around the city on my friend's Kinetic Honda. She drooled over Akshay just as much and so, we decided to brave the rain. We travelled fifteen kilometres by scooter in the pouring rain before we managed to reach the sets. 

We looked like drowned rats and the producer gave us a suspicious look when we introduced ourselves as freelance journalists. Anyway, he decided to believe us and let us watch the shoot.

A song sequence was being shot. I think the leading lady was Mamta Kulkarni and the song was 'Bharo..Maang meri bharo...'!

Akshay was wearing a black costume and looked good enough to eat. Enough to make us forget all about our drenched state. We stayed on the sidelines and watched while a couple of shots were canned. When the producer asked us if we wanted to meet Akshay, we looked at each other and quickly declined, I guess our egos would not permit us to present ourselves to him, in the state that we were in.

When I saw Arpita's post where she had drooled over Sharad, I was reminded of this incident and thought to share it here!

Would love to know of the crazy things that you guys may have done to meet or interact with your favourite stars!

Edit - You know this craze for Dr Ashutosh reminds me of my school days,...

There was a character by name Abhimanyu Rai on a show named Fauji...OMG...all of us fell in love with him...we could not stop talking about him even during our school prayers...who ever knew that Abhimayu Rai urf Shahrukh Khan would turn out to be the Badshah of Bollywood. If ever I get to meet SRK, I sure want to tell him about how my classmates and I got punished by Sister Prinicpal because we were busy drooling over him during the school assembly!

I think Dr Ashutosh is the first and only other male TV character that I have fallen in love with post Abhi...!

Edited by Sujatha.rao - 11 years ago
phir khaali 😕 ...aapka ye empty post hamesha main hee pehle dekhti hu 🤣 😛 hey jamping japang jampak jampak    ðŸ¤£ Edited by Mithalee - 11 years ago
Originally posted by Mithalee

phir khaali 😕 ...aapka ye empty post hamesha main hee pehle dekhti hu 🤣 😛 hey jamping japang jampak jampak    ðŸ¤£

Yaar, galti se post kardi...before I could type the content...ab jaake pado!
Edited by Sujatha.rao - 11 years ago
Ok! Main Preity Zinta ki fan hoon 😳 haan kabhi usse milne ki koshish nahi ki par when i was in 7th class i made a book full of her pics 😳 then one day my father got angry thinking i was wasting my time on it and he tore the book 😭 i cried alot...but main kaha sudharne wali thi 😉 i made another book again i collected all the photos and all my school frnds helped me in that collection 😳 i was super happy with it...my whole school knew about my deewanapan for Preity,i used to carry it everyday to school... but phir ek toofan aaya when i was in 9th someone stole that book and i cried so much 😭 even my bestfrnd cried with me b'coz she knew what that book meant to me...but main pagal maine phirse aur ek book banai with all new pics 😳 ...but now i'll tell u something bohot filmy hain that book jo chori ho gayi thi when i was doing my 9th was found again in my 10th class on principals table nicely wrapped and on it was written "HAND IT OVER ONLY TO MITHALEE" so i have 2 books with me now and till today none of us know who actually stole that book it is still a mystery...
@Mithalee

Wow, kaafi interesting hai...ab mujhe bhi jaanna hai woh missing books ke peeche chupe hue raaz 😆
Originally posted by Sujatha.rao

@Mithalee

Wow, kaafi interesting hai...ab mujhe bhi jaanna hai woh missing books ke peeche chupe hue raaz 😆

No sach main yaar! Bhagwaan ki kasam vo book aaj bhi mere paas hain and there was a letter written in it...till today v all frnds whenever v meet and talk about school days this question comes to our mind ki aakhir koun tha vo!!!!
Originally posted by Mithalee

No sach main yaar! Bhagwaan ki kasam vo book aaj bhi mere paas hain and there was a letter written in it...till today v all frnds whenever v meet and talk about school days this question comes to our mind ki aakhir koun tha vo!!!!

Kya pata...shayad teri principal khud PZ ki fan rahi hogi 😆
Originally posted by Sujatha.rao

Kya pata...shayad teri principal khud PZ ki fan rahi hogi 😆
No yaar 😆 i feel it was someone from my class par pata nahi koun!! And this was the most breaking news i tell u on that day!

You caught me red handed sujatha...I think SK became a sensation for me during July -august 2012...I was trying to deny that to myself...(may be I was in denial stage then...then I realised I have to accept and nothing wrong in it...OMG I am SMITTEN by SHARAD KELKAR...I was asking this question hazaaar times, is he conventionally handsome??? at least 4 me Nooo...(thought of watching his bhairi piya...nooops I couldn't stick 2 it for more than some seconds...so I realised... I Like SK and his charm as ASHUTHOSH...Nidhi's husband...this is truly a new experience 4 me...my husband  who  is a very handsome  (i.e tall (6ft), Fair, good physique) still I tell my husband...u are nowhere near SK...he says I wish if SK also feels the same for you... ...he is smiling at me when I told him I am going to share this in KTLK forum...

@arpita

Awww...that is so sweet...I tried watching Bairi Piya too...but nope...did not work for me...it was Ashutosh ...and in partiicular, Ashutosh with a stubble...man, is that guy hot or what!

Glad that your husband is enjoying your crush 😆