Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: -Aarya-

And your honesty might just bite your tongue :)

I am not clear on above statement. How? Please elaborate

And why does society play such a big role in your kitchen?

1) Other people around does not always mean society. It can include people close to you as well.

2) Society is important because I am a social animal and not someone living in a remote jungle, dressed in attire made from straw, living in huts and doing hip shaking dance around a fire place after dinner. lol. What people think or say does have some importance if not a lot. Many times even women around you dont want you to go in kitchen so its not even about men versus women anymore.

Al.Iz.Wel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: King-Anu

1- State your gender M

2- Do you cook Only some times

3- If no, then why not

4- If yes, then do you feel ashamed Nope..

5- Is not cooking a fashion statement these days? oh i cant make an omelette Not a fashion statement because it is not dat easy to stay in a kitchen

6- What is your favorite dish Dum Biryani

7- Girls, should men cook? Or you like the player types who want women to cook.

8- Guys, are you okay with women not cooking? Do you feel less manly if you cook? Do you feel less manly if women around you don't cook? Frankly not okie..not about being manly..its a difficult job to do and men are not used to it..

9- Discuss future of cooking in context of gender Future of cooking remains the same most probably

10- Give me recipe of one easy dish (optional) Chilli Bajji.. Make dough with gram flour,water and add a pinch of salt to it.. Take long chillies and dip them into the dough and then fry them in a pan.. now peirce the Bhajji vertically with a knife and stuff it with chopped onions..its ready!!

11- married men, do you relate to following song (bonus question).

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4OI8oRiNPc[/YOUTUBE]

Note: Please stick to format and use N/A if question is not applicable to you.

Lets see what is cooking. lol

boreddamsel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Cooking is a subject which is heavily influenced by gender as traditionally one associates it with female gender. If the question was not part of the post and if all were to say cooking is not related to gender then you would not have come to above conclusion as it could have been that members making that observations were female only. Now that we know gender we can claim that all believe that gender is not associated with cooking.

I was joking. lol.

I grew up watching my father cook .. especially when my mom was out of town or not feeling well! So maybe that's why I personally never associated cooking with gender. Sure he couldn't make all the dishes my mom used to make, but he used to make the basics .. and he even modified the recipes and in fact, they turned out to be better than how my mother used to make it! πŸ˜›

As for the bold, I know .. so was I πŸ˜Š 
Forever-KA thumbnail
Question: What happens when you mix food and romance?

Answer: Batata Vada

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CgAiQiT9N4[/YOUTUBE]

dil nahi dena tha, dena pada - batata vada
pyar nahi karna tha, karna pada - batata vada

-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

And your honesty might just bite your tongue :)

I am not clear on above statement. How? Please elaborate

It's figuratively speaking, basically meaning that you either refrain from speaking because it is socially or otherwise better not to :)

And why does society play such a big role in your kitchen?

1) Other people around does not always mean society. It can include people close to you as well.

2) Society is important because I am a social animal and not someone living in a remote jungle, dressed in attire made from straw, living in huts and doing hip shaking dance around a fire place after dinner. lol. What people think or say does have some importance if not a lot. Many times even women around you dont want you to go in kitchen so its not even about men versus women anymore.

So does that mean that men who are social animals do not cook? I believe the top chefs in the world are still men, I wonder how their wives feel πŸ˜†

Anu, just pulling your leg, but I do understand where your coming from... :)

Forever-KA thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Aarya-

Anu, just pulling your leg, but I do understand where your coming from... :)

Thanks, I am coming from a Dell computer and as words on screen. Have to go. was nice chatting to you all.
Mishe thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

1- State your gender: Female

2- Do you cook: Nope

3- If no, then why not: Not a priority at the moment

4- If yes, then do you feel ashamed: N/A

5- Is not cooking a fashion statement these days? oh i cant make an omelette: It's a good quality yeah definitely, dno why someone would be ashamed ._.

6- What is your favorite dish: Curreh haha

7- Girls, should men cook? Or you like the player types who want women to cook: That's disgusting, both genders should. All I know is, my hubby is definitely cooking with me but I've noticed in current society, it's not a problem. In fact, I know a lot of guys who cook which I find very cute :D

8- Guys, are you okay with women not cooking? Do you feel less manly if you cook? Do you feel less manly if women around you don't cook? N/A

9- Discuss future of cooking in context of gender: I don't think it'll be an issue in the future, as I mentioned earlier I know a lot of guys who cook. That said, I'm talking about peeps in Australia

10- Give me recipe of one easy dish (optional): Ceebs :p

11- married men, do you relate to following song (bonus question): N/A

.Sandy. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago

1- State your gender

FEMALE

2- Do you cook

YES

3- If no, then why not

I DO SO NO NEED TO ANSWER THIS

4- If yes, then do you feel ashamed

NOT AT ALL, BEING A WOMEN ITS PART OF MY BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES TO COOK SO I DON'T FEEL ASHAMED OF THIS. I AM PROUD TO BE A FEMALE

5- Is not cooking a fashion statement these days? oh i cant make an omelette

ACCORDING TO ME ITS STUPID FASHION...NOT EVERYTHING FITS INTO FASHION. I ASK THE MOMS OR GIRLS WHO PROUDLY TELLS I DON'T EVENKNOW HOW TO MAKE TEA...MOTHER'S PROUDLY TELLING I NEVER LET MY DAUGHTER GO ANYWHERE NEAR KITCHEN I ASKED THEM WILL YOU EVER MARRY OFF YOUR DAUGHTER  TO A GUY...OR WILL YOU MARRY TO A BOY WHO DOESN'T WORK SIT BACK HOME, WEAR LATEST FASHION CLOTHES, ROAM AROUND CITY FOR NO REASON, WATCH TV, HE GOES OUT DAILY TO MEET HIS FRIENDS BUT NEVER EVER BRING'S A PENNY AT HOME...WILL YOU PREFFER SUCH SON-IN-LAW OR HUSBANDIN YOUR LIFE...IF A MAN NOT FULFILLING HIS BASIC RESPONSIBILTY IS UNACCEPTABLE WHY NOT A WOMEN.

STYLE MAIN REH KAY GEO...COOK AND PRESENT IN A WAY THAT YOUR TABLE SETTING UR WAY OF WELCOMG GUEST BECOMES PART OF YOUR PERSONALINTY PEOPLE PRAISE YOU ANDMAKE YOU FEEL PROUD.

YOUR PARENTS, YOUR BROTHERS, YOUR HUSBAND ALL WILL FEEL PROUD OF YOU...I GUESS THIS MUCH LECTURE IS ENOUGH LOLπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

6- What is your favorite dish

ERM CHINESE CUSINE IS MY FAVOURITE ONEπŸ˜‰πŸ˜† I CAN'T SPECIFY ONE DISHπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

7- Girls, should men cook? Or you like the player types who want women to cook.

WELL THERE IS NOTHING HARM IN MAN'S COOKING...BUT I PREFFER WOMENCOOKING FOR THEIR MAN'S AS IT INCREASES LOVE BETWENN THEMβ˜ΊοΈπŸ˜‰ TOO CHEESY I KNOW🀣

8- Guys, are you okay with women not cooking? Do you feel less manly if you cook? Do you feel less manly if women around you don't cook?

WELL I M NOT A GUY SO NO NEED TO TO ANSWER THIS REGARDING THIS I ALREADY GAVE LONG LECTURE ABOVEπŸ˜ƒ

9- Discuss future of cooking in context of gender

ERM FUTURE OF COOKING ...WELL SINCE AGES WOMENS ARE COOKING AND WILL COOK UNTIL THIS WORLD ENDS SO FUTURE BRIGHT HAI LAGAY RAHOπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

10- Give me recipe of one easy dish (optional)

SURE, I'LL GIVE U DESERT RECIPE

Chocolate mousse:

1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips / bittersweet chocolate (chopped)
3 tbsp water
3 tbsp butter
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla essence
6 tbsp. castor/ icing sugar
1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

Method:
1) In a bowl, using an electric whisk, whisk the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks, set in the fridge while you work on the rest of the recipe.

2) In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk and sugar for 2 to 3 minutes or until it becomes thick and pale in color and the sugar dissolves, set aside.

3) In a small saucepan, add about an inch of water and bring it to a simmer. Place a small bowl over the saucepan and add the chocolate, water, and butter and over very low heat, cook everything together just until the chocolate melts.

4) Spoon of the chocolate into the egg yolk mixture and mix it just enough to combine. Pour the egg yolk mixture back into the small bowl over the simmering water in the saucepan with the remaining chocolate mixture, add the vanilla extract and stirring constantly, cook over low heat for a couple minutes or until the mixture thickens. Let it cool for a few minutes stirring frequently.

5) In a small bowl, whisk the egg white until it forms stiff peaks. Fold the egg white in the cooled chocolate mixture.

6) Fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped heavy cream being careful not to over mix otherwise the heavy cream will lose its texture.

NOR AM I MAN NOR I AM I MARRIED SO...NO NEED FOR ANSWERπŸ˜†πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰

-Inferno- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

1- State your genderFemale

2- Do you cook. Nope

3- If no, then why not. I normally don't cook because I get exhausted trying to make dishes and can't exactly carry on throughout the day with required energy.

4- If yes, then do you feel ashamed. Not at all! In fact when I cook I let the world knowπŸ˜†

5- Is not cooking a fashion statement these days? oh i cant make an omelette. I don't think it is a fashion statement...well at least not where I live. But it has certainly changed from the time where almost all the women knew how to cook (mostly due to the busy lifestyle we have and the changing traditions). Its all about the person, some people just don't like cooking 

6- What is your favorite dish. No one particular dish in favourite. For me it's whatever that tastes good and is vegetarian πŸ˜›

7- Girls, should men cook? Or you like the player types who want women to cook. Of course men should cook. I believe in equality, if women can cook so could men. Btw, did you know that most of the world's best known chefs are men πŸ˜† (hint hint to all the men out there)

8- Discuss future of cooking in context of gender. I think for the future we will get to see more men accepting the fact that they are capable of cooking and won't feel ashamed of it (if they cook). In fact, they might take on more of the women's roles in the future.

bright_star89 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

1- State your gender female

2- Do you cook yes occasionally

3- If no, then why not NA

4- If yes, then do you feel ashamed not at all... i proudly flaunt my cooking skills and make everyone eat whenever and whatever i cook

5- Is not cooking a fashion statement these days? oh i cant make an omelette yes i've come across such people who say i can't even boil water .. fake people

6- What is your favorite dish too many to list

7- Girls, should men cook? Or you like the player types who want women to cook. ofcourse they should.. I love men who can cook!

8- Guys, are you okay with women not cooking? Do you feel less manly if you cook? Do you feel less manly if women around you don't cook?NA

9- Discuss future of cooking in context of gender I think cooking will be genderless.. i've grown up watching my dad cook pretty well.. and now-a-days men cooking and helping the women in the kitchen is no rare sight! it is a skill that one should know regardless of ones gender.. & most chefs are men!

10- Give me recipe of one easy dish (optional)