Posted: 11 years ago

1- State your gender

2- Do you cook

3- If no, then why not

4- If yes, then do you feel ashamed

5- Is not cooking a fashion statement these days? oh i cant make an omelette

6- What is your favorite dish

7- Girls, should men cook? Or you like the player types who want women to cook.

8- Guys, are you okay with women not cooking? Do you feel less manly if you cook? Do you feel less manly if women around you don't cook?

9- Discuss future of cooking in context of gender

10- Give me recipe of one easy dish (optional)

11- married men, do you relate to following song (bonus question).

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4OI8oRiNPc[/YOUTUBE]

Note: Please stick to format and use N/A if question is not applicable to you.

Lets see what is cooking. lol

Edited by King-Anu - 11 years ago
Originally posted by King-Anu

1- State your gender Female 

2- Do you cook Yes 

3- If no, then why not N/A 

4- If yes, then do you feel ashamed  I feel really proud and self sufficient. ðŸ˜ƒ

5- Is not cooking a fashion statement these days? oh i cant make an omelette 

I don't know. People don't care much if they cannot cook when food is so very important for like all of us. ðŸ˜³ Dudes, you need to be able to feed yourself when Mum isn't around, dun you? What if there's not enough money even for roadside Chinese? ðŸ¥±

Biryani, positively. 

I answered question five, you read it. You tell me the types I'd appreciate. ðŸ˜›

8- Guys, are you okay with women not cooking? Do you feel less manly if you cook? Do you feel less manly if women around you don't cook?

N/A

Many of us grow up to live alone in apartments and guest houses during study and early days of working. I take it, men and women need to learn how to cook alike. And they gradually are! It all comes down being able to feed yourself something healthy. 

10- Give me recipe of one easy dish (optional)

Saute leftover chicken (not from a curry, though) in butter and season it with salt and pepper. Stuff it in omelettes or maybe sandwiches, however you like it. And I'm sorry if you're vegetarian. ðŸ˜› 

11- married men, do you relate to following song (bonus question).

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4OI8oRiNPc[/YOUTUBE]

Note: Please stick to format and use N/A if question is not applicable to you.

Lets see what is cooking. lol

1- State your gender - Female

2- Do you cook - yes

3- If no, then why not - N/A

4- If yes, then do you feel ashamed - W*F! Why would I be ashamed? I flaunt it and flirt with flavors.

5- Is not cooking a fashion statement these days? oh i cant make an omelette - Not in my world. I think cooking is very fashionable and sexy. I think foodie culture is happening and trendy. It is in to fuse, experiment and try out things.

6- What is your favorite dish - Too many to list.

7- Girls, should men cook? Or you like the player types who want women to cook. Men cooking is a must. I want my Tyler Florence, Anthony Bourdain, Curtis Stone, Dean Brothers, etc.

8- Guys, are you okay with women not cooking? Do you feel less manly if you cook? Do you feel less manly if women around you don't cook? Technically N/A cos I'm a girl. But c'mon guys step into the kitchen. Who knows what surprises you may get on the kitchen counter or table. You may get to play with chocolate and batter. 😉

9- Discuss future of cooking in context of gender I think cooking is fun. Especially cooking with friends or loved ones. Of course in a busy lifestyle it is not always possible. But I think the future of cooking is bright as more people discover how much fun they can have playing with flavors and experimenting with cuisines. Its a sexy skill to have as well. I don't think gender has anything to do with cooking.

10- Give me recipe of one easy dish (optional) Eh depends...

11- married men, do you relate to following song (bonus question).n/A

1- State your gender - F

2- Do you cook - yes when i get time and for my loved ones

3- If no, then why not - lack of time, good food available outside and opportunity to socialize. cooking is messy as well

4- If yes, then do you feel ashamed - no why?

5- Is not cooking a fashion statement these days? oh i cant make an omelette - no its not, (male)chefs are hot

6- What is your favorite dish - all trans fat, sugar and gluten free vegan/vegetarian.. actually I live on toasts, spinach with olive oil salad and some fruits. have nt cooked anything in a long time except coffee may be

7- Girls, should men cook? Or you like the player types who want women to cook.- both should cook.

8- Guys, are you okay with women not cooking? Do you feel less manly if you cook? Do you feel less manly if women around you don't cook? NA

9- Discuss future of cooking in context of gender - 40, 50 years later people will get all nutrition from supplements , no cooking would be required then. Not sure i got the question right though?

10- Give me recipe of one easy dish (optional) -

kamakaze drink
1 oz. Triple sec, 1 oz Vodka, 1 oz. Lime Juice, 1 wedge Lime -
Shake ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a lime wedge and a stir stick. (were you looking for food recipe?😉)

11- married men, do you relate to following song (bonus question).NA
Edited by lonely0planet - 11 years ago
1- State your gender
F

2- Do you cook
Yes

4- If yes, then do you feel ashamed
No

5- Is not cooking a fashion statement these days? oh i cant make an omelette
I don't think so. But I think in general more and more of us are alienated from our food these days and how it is produced. We just know what it looks like on the plate. Beyond that we have no idea about the processes involved in growing/producing and processing that food, and the conditions in which all of that happened.

I like all kinds of food, but nothing compares to roti & dal.

Obviously. I think every adult should have some ability to cook though skill and level of passion would differ.

Cooking and domestic/caring work has traditionally been feminized, but the irony is that the top chefs are all men. I guess women are only supposed to do it when it's free and they aren't getting paid big bucks. Go figure.
Friends, thanks for your input. Keep cooking.

Friends, thanks for your input. Keep cooking.
is that all? 😆 thought you were going to announce winners !
Originally posted by lonely0planet

is that all? 😆 thought you were going to announce winners !

one wise man once advised me to never be the judge when the issue is among girls or girls are competing and therefore stay neutral. later same wise man told me to not even stay neutral and therefore stay quiet. i dont know what will this person say in future. lol. btw that wise man is called king anu. lol.

no response from guys. i guess while girls are doing the cooking here on forum guys are busy cooking in real life.

let me read and address questions directed at me

- epiphany, no i am not vegetarian
- lonelyplanet, i thought maybe girls would not like the fact that they are seen as the one who do the cooking and therefore rebel against it. hence i asked about being ashamed. maybe not appropriate word. its ok  any recipe is fine.

State your gender- M
Do you cook- yeahh i do, living alone teaches u many things n cooking is most certainly one of them lol i jus plug in my fav songs n start cooking
If no, then why not- sometimes lazzzyness n time probz   
If yes, then do you feel ashamed- wth..am not at all ashamed abt it 🤣 times r gone when men used to think tht cooking and/or household chores makes them lesser man(atleast in metropolitan cities, cannt say abt remote areas 🤣) besides its so handy u can eat healthy homemade food netime, another plus is, it indeed does impresses gals i can bet on it with my life🤣
Is not cooking a fashionstatementthese days? oh i cant make an omelette- hahaha yeah i've come across these lot as well, some even mentioned ''oh i cannt even boil the eggs'' n another goes like '' all i knw is boiling water'' 🤣
What is your favorite dish- umm its gonna be long but am shorting it in one veg n one non veg dish, veg- rajma(red kidney beans curry) rice n kadi rice, non veg- chicken/mutton korma, chicken/mutton curry and allowe me to add one more, Maacher jhol(fish stew or fish curry with steamed rice..damm mentioning these foods makin me hungry again🤣)
Girls, should men cook?Or you like the player types who want women to cook.- am gonna duck tht one🤣
Guys, are you okay with women not cooking? Do you feel less manly if you cook? Do you feel less manly if women around you don't cook?- yup its totally ok with me, we've far more better ways to show our man ness if u knw wht i mean 🤣 on a more serious note, as in protecting/defending/supporting
Discuss future of cooking in context of gender- umm i think future of cooking gonna be gender less, sooner or later some high tech Robos would be making our life more easier🤣
Give me recipe of one easy dish (optional)- i'll be back on it buddy am running bit low on time married men, do you relate to following song (bonus question)N/AEdited by biker_boyz - 11 years ago

1- State your gender - Male

2- Do you cook - Yes. I love to cook and eat.

3- If no, then why not

4- If yes, then do you feel ashamed - Why should we feel ashamed of cooking when aren't ashamed of eating? I think every person who eats should know how to cook it.

5- Is not cooking a fashion statement these days? oh i cant make an omelette - The person's being lazy. Food is language to me. It's the way I communicate with food, people and myself. Cooking just makes me happy. Why wouldn't it?

6- What is your favorite dish - Anything well cooked, salted and seasoned. And yeah, anything vegetarian! 

7- Girls, should men cook? Or you like the player types who want women to cook. Trust me, my girlfriend loves me more because I can cook. Ughh.

8- Guys, are you okay with women not cooking? Do you feel less manly if you cook? Do you feel less manly if women around you don't cook? It's not necessary that women have to cook, but certainly they should know how to. I hate the fact why cooking is still considered a female thing. Majority of hotel chefs on the planet are men and home cooks are women.

9- Discuss future of cooking in context of gender - Back when cooking was just limited to women and the kitchen, nobody thought men would cook some day too. Maybe in future, really cooking would be a guy thing!

10- Give me recipe of one easy dish (optional) - Dip your finger into marmite/ nutella and lick them. You wouldn't want a dish to eat.😆

Edited by GoodfellaSnoop - 11 years ago