Writers Corner

Life --A reality Check| Chapter 1 Updated (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

vironikajain

IF-Sizzlerz

vironikajain

Posted: 20 June 2013 at 5:34am | IP Logged
Dont forget to pm me..whenever u update this..

Edited by vironikajain - 20 June 2013 at 5:34am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Life --A reality Check| Chapter 1 Updated (Page 2)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

IM__NB

IM__NB

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 2:34am | IP Logged

Hi friends , 

After a Long time , i m going to update this story , due to my exams i kept on hold , this story needs many edits before i post , i read it enormous times and every time and no exception this time too , i ended up in saying myself "not Satisfactory" and more books to sharp up . i dont know whether you are going to like it or not . Comments are awaited badly from your side by me. 

Cheers 

Nairita 

Techies from our college had , have and writing Histories which are really a mystery to me , what attracted me always was "Robotics" but my dad compelled me to take Computer Science as Stream , and he compelled me to seat for AIEEE. My bad luck and his very good luck to show off and to say proudly , I and my daughter are graduated from the same college, he even thinks that I will go for the reunions accompanying him, Boring … those slow music and all that , what I want is thrill.

"hey are you here …??" I looked up , stopped making faces which I was making then just trying to think about the boring reunions , those opera kind of things , with my black white dad , and evergreen mom.

" yeah I m …"  I snapped at the man , who said it to me.

" so you are in born misbehaved person." The man looked at his watch , " 7 minutes still to start the orientation , and I guess you are not going in , preferred to stand at the gate , coz of getting a last chair , or bench which ever you are having in mind.." he said very rudely , which I took as a instant humiliation to me.

" sorry sir , I didn't wanted to insult neither the guard from the morning , nor I wanted to shout at you , then he made me mad like n e thing , faking me , and now I was thinking something else , and I thought you must be some of newbie like me." I tried to defend my position to the man , in formals , whom gave me lectures on respecting humans this morning , when I behaved little roughly with rahaman the guard.

" good defence … but I m not convinced.." he said sharply

" sorry sir to offend you ..but I m not standing here blankly thinking odds or  just  to grab a last seat but because the classroom is locked .." I made him look down . The man hold the door handle and tried to open it , he smiled like a loser , and I found myself I two step ahead than him.

" you are right , sorry…" the man in formals walked to a guard and said something I found the guard running to a counter took a bunch of keys and opened the door. The man in formals asked me to come and have a seat. After we enter I saw the man taking a seat in front of me , facing me , because he was a trainer . I thought that what a bad impression he should have got about me , I just ended up in fighting with him.

" so  you are ?" the man asked.

The man has already given me a long lecture about , respect and all , and I also placed my image very badly , to him. So I thought of standing up , this time he stopped me , and asked me to continue having my seat. I smiled , sat back , " Akira Sharma"

"good ..name.. degree?"

"B.tech CSE…IMI engineering college"

"impressive college … heritage one , and DGPA?"

"9.5"

" which rank holder."

"topper"

"great … and other acti…" he stopped as there was some newbie who asked permission to enter , the man in formals , with a smile , gave a nod and asked them to enter and have their seats.he then continued with me , asking me about my extra curricular activities and other boring stuffs and after he completed his drill with me , he said that I m a perfect package to be called "All rounder.." not a new complement for me , but , I never wanted to be a CS Engineer , I always wanted to be in Robotics , but once I take up something , I do it with all my perfections , and that only got reflected in my mark sheets of 8 semesters . soon the class room was full. I can see many new faces.

The man in Formals , closed the door , walking to the furthest corner of the dais he cleared his throat , so that he can use his voice little high to address the candidates , I guess.

' Welcome … every one … I m Vatshal Singh …. Senior HR Executive of the company, and I welcome you to your new home , rather second home."

"oh!!!" I thought " so this is Vatshal Singh .. and I messed up with him right at the entrance wonderful akira , you need a pat for this." I was mad over me.

When it was Lunch break , as decided earlier by me , I wanted to go outside , to the road side stalls to have my lunch , after a pissed off morning .I was busy to look at the welcome kit given by the company to us for the first time , while most of people , I guess, has already seen it or have gone through every details of it. I opened the zipper and looked inside . it contained ….

1.      A writing Pad

2.      A booklet with rules and regulations and policies of the company. (most of the policies are chanted by the man in formals, oh!! Sorry he has a name , Mr.Singh . sir .. I have to call him sir, an IIM graduate..Nerd)

3.      A pen , which must the most cheapest, yes superlative of superlative , from my collections, least interested.

4.      A Batch ??? what the hell is Batch for ?? written "Trainee" What the … I almost uttered the f word , but controlled my teary emotions due to the surroundings. Also due to the surveillance cameras which were eyeing on me ,sorry  us .

That's all with the contents , nothing special, atleast I thought of a descent office bag from the company , but what a great disappointment it was, don't know if others were having the same feeling or not , but I was. So I decided to gift myself a new bag , that night , if I get time. Putting the belongings of the zipper file back to it , I carefully drop it into my back pack . I was about to stand up , one person greeted me with Hi . I looked up , and after checking him , I concluded Flirt .

Well I have a theory behind it too. When I was in standard 12 , our chemistry sir used to say us the prettiest faces , generally comes out as the most flirtatious person. Well somehow I believed in that theory , and the myth or trust on the theory is still continuing. As per my experience , the studs of our college were the most flirtatious ones, so still I second the theory by my professor which was in my mind since  6 years back. Mind set of a teenage still continuing in early 20s.

"  hi .." I replied faking him a smile , because I was really not interested to talk with him , I was more interested to check in to a good food stall for the office going peoples , right at the footpath of the streets.

" Shekhar.." he extended his hand to me , for a shake.

I smiled again , faked , " Akira" I replied with an empty stomach, felt it was growling  , which was very awkward .

" so where are you from ?" he continued

"Mumbai.." I stood up ..as I lied , I was from Kolkata in reality.

"I m from Delhi." He was very enthusiastic to make friendship with me, and I m sure in few days he will end up in proposing me , but I m not at all interested in his boring stuffs. As I walked  to the door , ignoring him , he called out my name , and I felt how odd my name sounds from him, ishhh cheee.

" ya.." I turned … he asked me if I was going to do lunch , I said that it was obvious to have lunch reminding him about the time. He looked defeated , but didn't gave up , he tried to take me to the canteen , which I hate the most . I almost came out shouting at him , when he at last gave up and I walked out from the office building to have lunch.

After walking few meters from the main building , I found the busiest shop working on the streets. I tried to make my way near to the benches , few tries exhausted me , sweats , where budging from my fore head to side of ears. I decided to wait , to get the crowd little dispersed . I settled on a tree stump, left after the big tree was cut. I took out a wet tissue to wipe out my sweat, I heard someone trying to talk to me. I turned my head to the way , from where the sound is coming.

I saw meera , standing there with two thermocol plates, with food stuffed on it more than excess.

"madam , idhar baithe rehne se khana nahi milegi." She with a smile she walked to me and adjusted herself on the tree plank. I smiled to thank her as she handed me the plate full of food. She smiled even broad. I felt really bad to insult her that morning, she was really good at heart. I was supposed to left out without any lunch , but thanks to her , I was eating then. I was never been exposed to road sides food when I was with my family , and when I was pursuing my B.Tech , my pocket money , never allowed me to have road side foods , though I took it few times. But that food was having an unique taste, I really felt that , it was far better than the almost 3 star like canteen of the multistoried Hi tech office Building of mine. If I was not figure conscious I would have loved to have another plate. I and Meera almost finished the food in silent.

After finishing the lunch , and done with the repayments to her , I really wanted to speak with her , I initiated

" so you are from delhi ??" I asked her

"nah !! madamji , Lucknow .. home town.." then she continued , I came to know that she is a widow with one kid, her husband was working with the security agency , and after his death in a fatal accident Rahaman helped her to get enrolled in the security agency and some how she ended up in working there at the technical sector. Her kid , Sameer was a kiddo studying in class 6 , he also helps his mother , by taking tuitions of kids upto standard 4. My inner soul got greedy to meet the kid ,who was so confident that , he used to take tuitions of kids almost of his age. But I wanted to grow a rapport with her first . We were walking back while we talked , and I didn't sensed when we reached the office building back. Meera excused herself back to her security duties, she was very hard working and serious lady, a single mother with intelligent son.

I checked into the office back, I was walking back , but something stopped me , I turned and looked at meera , The Lady in blue shirt… amazed me today with her short life history and the humanity gestures. I smiled and walked back to the office to take the rest torments for the day.

Rest of the day , I along with other Trainees , end up in visiting respective departments , immediate seniors , perspective teams , and getting a glimpse and hint of projects which are yet to get assigned to us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

udaypgssssabcdlalmadhujineejiggsvironikajain

lalmadhu

Goldie

lalmadhu

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 3:08am | IP Logged
Nice update.  Continue soon.  Waiting to read.
Thnak u for the pm.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

udaypgIM__NB

vironikajain

IF-Sizzlerz

vironikajain

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 5:18am | IP Logged
Very interesting nd realistic story nairita.. Clap
Cont soon nd thanx for pm

jineejiggs

IF-Sizzlerz

jineejiggs