Users

Frequent Posters

Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Himmatwala Looking To Get The Year Going

Thursday 28th March 2013 10.00 IST
Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

Three months into the year and there has been no major hit and Himmatwala will be expected to put that right. Race 2 is the only film that got an opening but could not sustain, a few other films managed to sustain pretty well but as they did not open the damage was done.

Himmatwala will be the start to an interesting ten weeks where aside from Himmatwala there are other films like Ek Thi Daayan, Shootout At Wadala, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani and Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 which will all be expected to be hits.

Himmatwala is likely to put up good weekend numbers and the key will be if how well it can sustain. Circuits like UP, Bihar, Gujarat, CPCI and Rajasthan are sure to do well while Delhi and Punjab have under performed for the masala ventures with rural settings over the last 18 months. Friday is Good Friday but this holiday has not given a huge boost to collections over the last two years or so.

Basically the test will be Delhi/UP and East Punjab for the film and if it can do 10 crore and 4.5 crore lifetime share respectively in Delhi/UP and East Punjab then there will be no stopping the film as Mumbai and Central markets are sure to out perform.
Edited by Kal El - 11 years ago
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: souro

Just returned after watching Himmatwala.

Masala film as all of us know. Comedy, especially dialogues, were quite nice. Paresh Rawal was especially good in comedy.
Ajay Devgn and Mahesh Manjarekar were also nice.
Tamannah was more or less invisible during 70% of the movie. She was there mainly to show her face and figure I guess, and she does have an amazing figure which they highlighted every opportunity they got.

Story everyone knows, since it's a remake. However, I felt they should've changed some things, cos they might have worked in 1983 but certainly doesn't work in 2013. The scene where Ravi's (Ajay Devgn) mother tells him that his sister should return to her in-laws even though they are beating her, was cringe worthy. It was ridiculous even in 1983 movie, but now it's completely unacceptable.

Thing to note: Sonakshi got whitsles, Ajay Devgn got even more whistles, Tamannah not so much... but the most whistles were reserved for 'Naino mein sapna, sapno mein sajna' song. That was the biggest attraction of the movie and the only song that I liked.

Soumya...Now the most important question...Did the audience clap when Ajay Devgan appeared in  the movie for the first time?? If Not then go get a refund for your ticket from Sajid Khan...
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: blue-ice

Soumya...Now the most important question...Did the audience clap when Ajay Devgan appeared in  the movie for the first time?? If Not then go get a refund for your ticket from Sajid Khan...

More than clapping there was whistling. 
Yankees thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
^ Soumya, do you recommend it?
d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
They have lightened Ajay's color too much in the poster. Funny Review!!
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
seems a woeful film frm promos!!!
MR.KooL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
i expect only one thing from this movie and that is nothing.. anyways, i heard Paresh rawal is doing break dance as well😆

Bookmarked..

NoThanks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I am awaiting Vigil idiots review.
pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
dunt think vigil will review it...

he dosent generally review obviously bad films which look so from the promos aswell...he reviews films which try to project themselves as meaningful but end up being crap...
.Anamika. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

But didn't VI do Joker? That was like the epitome of obviously bad movies. He also reviewed Bol Bachcha and Kya Super Kool Hai Hum.

I really hope he does one! More than movies, I look forward to his reviews!