Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

hasini009

IF-Sizzlerz

hasini009

Posted: 28 March 2013 at 5:53am | IP Logged
Sridevi became star because of 'Himmatwala': Sajid Khan

PTI | Mar 28, 2013, 02.34 PM IST

Director Sajid Khan, who is looking forward to the Friday release of his film Himmatwala- the official remake of the 1983 blockbuster of the same name, says it was the original film that catapulted veteran actress Sridevi to stardom.

"Sridevi became a star because of Himmatwala. I think that Himmatwala was no less than a Mughal-E-Azam for her," Sajid said in an interview.

The official remake of original Himmatwala, which had actors Jeetendra and Sridevi in the lead, casts Ajay Devgn against south actress Tamannah.

"I personally don't know Sridevi, so I didn't speak with her about the film. I had a word with Jeetuji (Jeentendra) two days before I started shooting the film. He was glad to know that I am directing the film.

"He said I was the right person to make the film, as according to him, I understood this genre very well. He also blessed me," Sajid said.

However, Sajid prefers his film to be called as a "rewrite" and not a "remake" in general sense of the word.

" Himmatwala is one of my top five favourite Bollywood films. I am very fortunate that my name is associated with the movie. The film is a rewrite, and not a remake, based on the original film. The essence of the original film is there in my version, but my treatment is completely different," he said.

Sajid said though he made some changes in the original avatar of Himmatwala, he also carried forward the boisterous melodrama typical of 1980s in the new version.

"The scenes and the characters in my version of the film are completely different. I have added some nuances like slightly over-the-top acting, typical filmy scenes between mother and son which today's youths wouldn't have experienced," Sajid said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Sridevi-became-star-because-of-Himmatwala-Sajid-Khan/articleshow/19256294.cms

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sridevi became star because of 'Himmatwala': Sajid" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hasini009

IF-Sizzlerz

hasini009

Posted: 28 March 2013 at 5:59am | IP Logged
Himmatwala was no Mughal-e-Azam: Sridevi 

Sridevi became a star because of Himmatwala. I think that Himmatwala was no less than a Mughal-E-Azam for her : Sajid

Tamanna will become a star because of Sajid, i think that Sajid was no less than a Mughal-E-Azam or HimmatwalaLOL

Edited by hasini009 - 28 March 2013 at 5:59am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ForeverSHINeeFrancoHappyMelody

MR.KooL

IF-Stunnerz

MR.KooL

Posted: 28 March 2013 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
and you will become a bhikhari because of himmatwala.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pari_roxx

tvdekha.

IF-Rockerz

tvdekha.

Posted: 28 March 2013 at 9:28pm | IP Logged
What the fat face?
I dont like this man.

Franco

Dexterkilaila

IF-Sizzlerz

Dexterkilaila

Posted: 28 March 2013 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
Tub of lard that's also a blowhard. Yet he survives, year after year. Wacko

tvdekha.

IF-Rockerz

tvdekha.

Posted: 28 March 2013 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
I'll watch Rohit Shetty's movies over his.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Something_AwfulForeverSHINeeFrancoHappyMelody

Franco

IF-Rockerz

Franco

Posted: 28 March 2013 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
He did not need to make this comment but Sridevi didn't really need to make hers .

But I guess box office will tell final story Wink

HappyMelody

IF-Stunnerz

HappyMelody

Posted: 28 March 2013 at 9:33pm | IP Logged
Shut up funny man!

@Dexy
Hey you went missing for a while. It's good to see you here!

Dexterkilaila

Post Reply New Post

Go to top