Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

Tribute to Virat Vadhera: HBD Kushal Tandon!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

...Maham...

IF-Dazzler

...Maham...

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 1:19pm | IP Logged

Direct links:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFQX9lZUpPo

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjv6Ltp43iA

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SF72QVdAdc

Happy Birthdayyy Kushal!!! 

Where to begin... 

Virat Vadhera was the reason I found VirMan and fell in love with them. Just a basic description of the character and I was intrigued.. It's Kushal Tandon's birthday today, the actor who gave a face, a voice and ultimately life to Virat Vadhera and because it's his birthday this is my way of wishing Kushal on his day and thanking him for giving us such a beautiful character to fall in love with.

This tribute outlines Virat's journey in the show until the point of his marriage to Maanvi. The first part of this tribute capture the basic essence of Virat and then goes onto focus on some of the finer details' reasons really as to why I love this character as much as I do. The video is pretty self-explanatory so I won't be writing any essays but I'll say this, Virat Vadhera is truly one of the most beautifully written characters on Indian TV and he manages to be so without being completely unrealistic. He's the guy with a past, the misfit yet he can look beyond it all and keep smiling.. he hides his pain underneath that very laughter, and although he went ahead and got his heart broken it didn't take away his ability to love people.. He does not punish, instead he is kind. He comes across as careless and irresponsible when instead he will always be the first to act when things go wrong, he stands up for what he thinks is right.. he believes in the truth, in doing the right thing. He takes care of himself, he doesn't expect to be healed but then does that mean he never will be? He may be brave and strong and kind but perhaps he had forgotten about that one little thing that survives in our hearts in times of adversity, that tells us that we're still alive.. Hope. 

Maanvi. 

Where there is Virat, there is also Maanvi. Because where is love there is also life. 

It is on that note, that this part ends.. I hoped to capture atleast a little of what makes Virat so different from the various characters on our screens today.. I hope I succeeded to some extent atleast. 

Coming to the second part, it defines Maanvi's presence in Virat's life. Like the question posed in the beginning,

"Kya lagti ho tum meri?"

This is the focal point of this part. Who is Maanvi for Virat? Why was he so drawn to her when they first met? Was it because he saw parts of himself in her? What was it really that would make him want to seek her out? He was drawn to her, he took care of her, he stood up for her and somehow she became his bestfriend. She then went ahead and made him come face to face with his past and in doing so she helped him find some closure.. it's odd really that he stopped caring for Maya because he started to care too much for Maanvi, he always loved her more and ultimately she could hurt him in a way that what Maya did failed to matter. Maanvi was his bestfriend, only he didn't know when that friendship turned into love. The thing I love the most about Virat falling in love with Maanvi was how the whole thing played out. It was so simple, so real and so beautiful. It was always about the little things.. and that is why I tried to show here. I've always wanted to use Viren's monologue on Virat's feelings for Maanvi and just what she means to him and I'm so happy I could use most of his lines here.. Virat falling in love is also beautiful because it was always Maanvi's heart that he fell in love with.. I have said it so many times before but VirMan's connection is truly immaterial and I hope to communicate a little bit of that through this VM and the one that follows. 

I chose to end this part at the point I did for a reason. For most of us who have pretty much obsessed over VirMan this one point is when things change within Virat. He had known about Maanvi's disease for sometime now but he had never fully acknowledged the gravity of her suffering' He had been trying to tell her that he was in love with her before and there were still moments when that need to tell her of his feelings would slip through. However, that night when he saw Maanvi suffer the disease became real to him. Till that point he hadn't quite realized what was it that Maanvi really needed from him and it is this very point where a different journey begins for Virat. 

Which is naturally what the next part is about. As the title says, this part focuses on Virat's journey as a lover, he was always capable of love, infact he was quite the push-over in love but how does he evolve into the man who is so completely obsessed with taking care of Maanvi? Who, like Jeevika once said, doesn't see anything beyond of Maanvi? How does he evolve into a man who feels so deeply for Maanvi that the word 'love' falls short of describing the true nature of his feelings? Ishq, Junoon, Deewangi' all these words define Virat.. Mere love does not. 

Did it happen in a day? No. It took its time and it grew slowly upto a point of madness and insanity where it was simply out of his control' Maanvi consumes him in body and in soul and it is that very journey that this video reflects on. 

There is chaos resulting into momentary peace only to turn into chaos again.. Virat Vadhera is desperate, hurting, lost and simply knows one need.. the need to see Maanvi live, to make her live. He had always been selfless, had been giving upto a point where he didn't even know his own needs but when it comes right down to it he simply can't let Maanvi die. He makes that choice, he is indebted to his Bhabhi for saving Maanvi and when she gets angry at him for the same he owns her. And then somehow they are through.. somehow they stumble onto that beautiful, wonderful, miraculous peace again.. only this time it is here to stay because they're together and they're alive.. The future, their future is not a thing of dreams.. it is real. A promise of love, a war finally won and Virat and Maanvi live on. 

Once again, a very very Happy Birthday Kushal! I hope the tribute could reflect how much I love Virat and how much I love and admire you both as an actor and as a person. I would also like to thank Sid Sir, Priya and Bhavana ma'am and all the other writers who created Virat. Thank you so much! I hope I could so some sort of justice to your creation. Thank you!

I also want to thank Shanu for always being there and for helping me find quite a few videos for the first part, Ani and Hiba too for encouraging me even when I wanted to give up and helping me and Rachel and Bleh for all their co-operation.. Thank you all! Wish Kushal would see this and like it.. If not hope you all will like it.. That is enough for me. :)

Looking forward to the feedback on this one! Smile

Maham.

Edited by ...Maham... - 27 March 2013 at 1:39pm

The following 35 member(s) liked the above post:

sns_ghhaleemafrqkingkaneDOLLY_SHARMAAmmu_Darlingndp102parulkinuAnchal_KamliturnonthelightsmisakiSumana123Aks_Cutiepie1lyf1luvdancehalfbloodprincejs1234virmanhusShreyALuVKushaLAashika_virmannida.swaronViru_NeutroginaJESNIAjia123sagarforever_youngneha fan1Ishaan.preetipc-Sweetzo.Tuhi-alicemath-GayathriK-kulsum_virman..Gowri..hemameenuMyInspirationzash_jodhaakbar-bonbon-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Tribute to Virat Vadhera: HBD Kushal Tandon!" in Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ash_jodhaakbar

IF-Sizzlerz

ash_jodhaakbar

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
Me First (unres)
Maham firstly bow down to one of the  finest vm maker, dude your vms make speechless everytime !!
n its such  a brilliant idea to use   viren's words ,these three vms described the entire journey of virat vadhera!
muah for makin such beautiful tribute .vms !!!
virat is my fav character !!
he is not perfect , not mahan , n thats why we can connect to him the most!!
he is totally unpredictable!
during the virman ls , we got to see a different virat , where we cudnt have imagined dis guy !
since he fell in love with manvi, his life got a new meaning , a new direction 
the entire journey of virat vadhera has been simply outstanding
n kudOz to kushal tandon for potrayin the role of virat so flawlessly
gosh ur vm just made me emmotion n took me back to the golden period of ehmmbhCry

p.s my system memory is soon gonna get full all coz of u LOL , gonna download all the three vms !!!Embarrassed

Edited by viratmanvi - 30 March 2013 at 12:35pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

...Maham...

ElenaElenor

ElenaElenor

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 1:30pm | IP Logged

'He's the guy with a past, the misfit yet he can look beyond it all and keep smiling.. he hides his pain underneath that very laughter, and although he went ahead and got his heart broken it didn't take away his ability to love people'

If I had to chose a few sentences to describe him- this is it. That is basically what he stands on- apt. I really like how the journal shows how his character progresses from this witty and laid-back guy to showing his inner turmoil and feelings and  love. I like the selection of the scenes which are fitting to who he is and how his life shaped out to be.

A worthy tribute to a worthy character!

Enjoyed the VMs!

E

Edited by ElenaElenor - 27 March 2013 at 1:50pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

kingkanestuck.to.youmisaki...Maham...alicemath

.jai.

Goldie

.jai.

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
wow m speechless HeartHeart
Heart

...Maham...

jia123sagar

IF-Dazzler

jia123sagar

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
wow awesome vm
awesome post

...Maham...

eman-khan

Groupbie

eman-khan

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 3:44pm | IP Logged
em totally speechless..thz z just awesome... i luv kushal tandon but now em in luv  wth 'virat' again..luuuvvv kushaaalll luvvv virat luvvv virmannn luvv nishalll...  superbb maham... Clap

...Maham...

neha fan1

IF-Dazzler

neha fan1

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 4:10pm | IP Logged
Amazing post!Thumbs UpClap Salute the familiar! Bow down to chote Virat Vahdera! a man wiv flaws, who reminds us making mistakes is the nature of human beings and dat is wot makes us Human! One of my absolute fav characters evaDay Dreaming

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kingkane...Maham...alicemath

alicemath

IF-Rockerz

alicemath

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 6:21pm | IP Logged
*Bows down in front of the Best VM maker evr*...Maham...u hav left me speechless again hun...ur words and ur Vms hav a certain charm...infact a certain spell... that can captivate n make one fall head ovr heels in luv wid the characters u r dealing wid...n dats wot u hav done to me nw...u hav made me fall in luv wid our Virat / Kushal / VirMan/ Nishal all over again...Heart

The best b'day gift for Kushal, a wonderful actor who breathed life ito the most amazing , realistic , n beautifully portrayed characters of Indian Tv...VIRAT...n the three vms based on different phases of his life...thanx for taking us through the wonderful journey down the memory lane...Itz just beyond perfect...Heart

...Maham...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top