Asad-Zoya OS | Undying Faith.

Posted: 11 years ago

oOo

"Arre bhaiyya! Yeh lights itne kam kyun hain yahaan?" Zoya yelled at a worker. It was a big day in the Khan residence and these people were making so many mistakes! People would begin to arrive in no time for the engagement ceremony and if Mr. Khan saw how careless the workers were being on the day of his engagement, he was definitely going to freak.

Zoya was wearing a beautiful black saree with a golden border and earrings matching to the gold on her saree. That's it. She looked like an eternal beauty. Suddenly she heard Asad calling his Ammi to help him with the buttons of his sherwani.

Zoya entered his room and smacked her forehead with her hand. "Allah Miyan! What's wrong with you Mr. Khan? You're not ready yet?"

"Umm..I actually..errr.." Asad stuttered looking at her in her gorgeous outfit.

"Here, lemme do it for you!" Zoya walked up to him and started buttoning up his sherwani carefully. The thing cost him a fortune and the buttons were equally expensive.

"Where's the stole Mr. Khan? How are you going to put it?" She questioned him while looking around his room for the matching stole.

"Zoya?" He asked softly.

"Hmm?" She glanced up at him for a second and went back to searching the damn stole.

"Come here please?" Zoya sighed as she finally found the stole and walked up to him.

"Yeah?" She asked as she started fixing it across his shoulders.

"You okay? With me getting engaged to Tannu and all? I mean.."

"Relax Mr. Khan! I'm fine. Absolutely fine. I wouldn't be so engrossed in the preparations of your engagement right?" Zoya asked.

"Yeah." Asad said softly holding her arms.

"ZOOYAAA!" Ayaan entered Asad's bedroom and Asad-Zoya immediately broke apart.

"Yes!" Zoya said.

"Here you are!  I've been looking for you all over the house! And bhaijaan, you look like Prince Charming! Bhabhi's gonna swoon, nai Zoya?" Ayaan complimented his brother whilst putting an arm around his wife, Zoya.

"Absolutely! Why were you looking for me anyway?" Zoya asked Ayaan.

"Oh yeah! Fix this damn tie!" He turned towards Zoya as she giggled and began setting the tie in a proper way.

Asad looked at Zoya and was lost. In what? He had no idea. Maybe the fact that they could have been there, done that. She knew he loved her and he knew she loved him. Then why were they not together? Apparently love wasn't always enough. Selfish was the word. Asad Ahmed Khan was selfish. Not to forget, scared. Scared that this little woman would change him and his behavior, his nature.

He saw Ayaan bend forward and whisper something in her ear as she raised her hand to smack him. That's what she needed. A person who would be like her, childish and caring. He wasn't caring and nor was he childish. He was just, abnormal. He swallowed a dry lump in his throat and turned away. He was getting engaged today! To his best friend! What more could he ever want?

Her..His heart yelled. But it was too late. And it hurt like a knife stuck in his throat. He himself had made her marry Ayaan by giving her the swear of his life. Sometimes he thinks he did the right thing. But most of the times, he wanted to slap himself. What was the point in keeping her away from himself when she wanted him and accepted him for who he was?

"Mr. Khan?" Zoya snapped her fingers on front of Asad and he broke out of his revere.

"Yeah?" He noticed that Ayaan had gone by now. It was just the two of them.

"If you need anything during the function please tell Ayaan. He'll get it for you!" She chirped and was about to go when he held her wrist and stopped her.

"Ji??" She asked softly, dreading what was coming her way.

"Can I call you when I need something?"

"Me? Mr. Khan I'll be busy getting Tanveer ready and then I have to be by her side if she needs anything. Besides phuphi is also alone and-"

"I love you." His sudden words shut her up.

Asad stared at Zoya as she looked at him for a split second and then looked down. Not to hide her blush or anything, but simply because she was uncomfortable. Asad felt her wriggle her hand in his hold in the slightest way and just like that, a tear slipped out of his eye.

"So you're finally moving on? Squirming under anybody else's but your husbands touch? Even if it's me." Asad said with a sigh.

Zoya kept mum and then softly pulled out her hand from his grip.

"I'll be there if you need anything Mr. Khan." Zoya mumbled only to be pulled back in to his hard chest.

"You don't love me anymore, do you?" Asad asked her with a growl. He swore if he heard a no he was going to explode.

"Doesn't matter Mr. Khan. You made me marry Ayaan even though I pleaded you not to. And you said we'd always love each other but never be able to survive together. I said this then and I'm saying it now. You had no right to make that decision for me. Just because I loved you beyond any limits, you took advantage of that fact and made me give myself to a man who I only considered a close friend. I can never forgive you for that."

"But you do love me right?" Asad asked with a tiny speck of hope.

"Loving is not always sacrificing Mr. Khan. It's about facing life together. Which you couldn't do. Tanveer is perfect for you Mr. Khan! Just like Ayaan is for me! He's exactly what I wanted in a husband. But that was before I met you. After I met you, I only wanted to be with you, irrespective of what kind of a man you were! Turns out you were a sucker at that!"

"Don't say that! I did that so that you could be happy!"

"Who the hell are you to have made that decision for me?!" Zoya jerked herself out of his grip when she saw his blank face and took a deep breath, he had no answer.

"Today is your engagement with a very beautiful girl. Don't ruin it for everyone. I'll see you downstairs."

Zoya left muttering those last few words. Asad looked at her retreating figure. Why did god make his life so miserable? Wait a minute, it was not God! It was he himself who took up a great job at ruining everyone's life. But he was glad that Zoya was happy. True he didn't have the right to make that decision for her back then. But all he wanted was her happiness.

He looked at the guests through the window in his room and spotted Zoya who was greeting the guests with a smile, just like a bahu. He had called her a misfit! She had been able to win everyone's heart in the Siddiqui house. Wasn't that proof enough that she was elegant in every way? Life would've been so much simpler and beautiful if they were together right now.

He knew it was too late to make amendments and he wouldn't let Tanveer suffer by walking out on her on her biggest day! He would marry her and keep her happy. Even though he knew he couldn't ever be truly happy like how Zoya was with Ayaan, he'd still try. Allah was looking at them. He knew he had his mercy upon him. He would take care of all of them. He just had to have faith.

A beautiful song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUo8CKI34o4

oOo

CRAP! Yeah, that's what I've written up there. Sorry for the shit up there -_- 

Nice :) will there be part 2? :D
oh...God...this is so sad. I hate unhappy endings!!!!
But beautifully written. 👍🏼
Originally posted by Manpreet23

Nice :) will there be part 2? :D

Most probably not 😆 Let's see!
So heartwrenchingly beautiful... Do I cry so easily or is it the way u write??? It was really tearing man... Though I would hate that to happen in the show but u made it so easy to accept... Amazing... Btw when are u planning ti complete "Oh Shit" I m dying to read it...
Your stories always have the ability to make me sad
Wonderful work as always.
This was heart breaking and beautiful. Asad deserved to suffer the repercussions of his decision. Well done Fizzi!
This is so sad.

*sniffs*

ANGST. :(

I loved the way Asad seeks her and he's literally pleading for some sign that she still loves him the same way.

Beautiful, Fizzi! :) But I hope that this isn't what happens in the show.

I will die. :'(

Love!
beautiful and a heart touching update❤️❤️
well written..i wish Asad Zoya come back together...anyway good..😊