Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aish. thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: dhumps

You r biased towards SRK and I understand that
However SRK & Balki knew d fact that nobody reads d title and dis would only generate publicity for his films people would rush to theatres to see if SRK kept his word(but then again I might be wrong about the publicity thing). My concern is if wanted to do something for women he should have helped them get a fee increment like Ekta said.
Bottom line SRK,Balki and Shabana r lunatics

@Bold- Yeah when I criticize SRK nobody says a word, but if I support him, Im biased.
There is no point talking to dude. Anybody who opposes your view is biased so yeah, Good day!
LeadNitrate thumbnail
Inspite of piyanka being industry senior with box office pull and meatier role in janjir remake, when news of her getting paid more surfaced, ram charan teja app got very angry. The news rattled him that he , a male star would be getting paid less in his movie debut. Then his pay was hiked up too. I read it in toi again.

There you go, equalityand meatier role my foot.
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Male and female stars should be paid equally! But SHABANNA is not talking about that! She is talking about something very different 
noorsand thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3
Shabana comes across as pretentious snob. But, I don't think she was off the mark. For feminism to reflect in BW these things needs to be done first:-
a) Equal Pay - Second wave of feminism
b) Derogatory terms such as "bitch", "wh**e", "s**t" need to be removed 
c) Gender Violence, Sexual Harassment or Abuse if shown should have severe consequences

But, really if SRK is doing something he should be praised not criticized. A film like Kahaani would have not really worked if it had SRK in it. A film like Dabangg won't work if it has Vidya so the flower-pot theory is quite pointless. If an actresses is willingly doing those kind of roles then its their wish, if we stop them aren't we limiting their rights.  
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Originally posted by: noorsand

Shabana comes across as pretentious snob. But, I don't think she was off the mark. For feminism to reflect in BW these things needs to be done first:-

a) Equal Pay - Second wave of feminism
b) Derogatory terms such as "bitch", "wh**e", "s**t" need to be removed 
c) Gender Violence, Sexual Harassment or Abuse if shown should have severe consequences

But, really if SRK is doing something he should be praised not criticized. A film like Kahaani would have not really worked if it had SRK in it. A film like Dabangg won't work if it has Vidya so the flower-pot theory is quite pointless. If an actresses is willingly doing those kind of roles then its their wish, if we stop them aren't we limiting their rights.  

U r saying something very different to SHABANNA! 
LeadNitrate thumbnail
While I think shabana is quite pretentious and does the cause more harm, she was quite right here I feel. Instead of doing the act of giving top billing, why not play a second fiddle role to a movie with a woman in centre? And small cameos or narration do not count, a full fledged second fiddle role, for example nawazuddin or param's role in kahaani. That was a big star like srk can promote the cause of women in industry even more. I don't see anything wrong in what she says.
Also nkapoor you said shaban should learn definition of feminism. And I gave a definition of it too in my post. But you decided not to see it, only focus on a miss information and act highhanded and rude. May I point out your very title is rude. You haven't even mentioned what the definition of feminism is, just a condescending statement about a person, who probably knows about it and have worked for it too. Why don't you try to open yourself up for different opinion.
If you just want to discuss something where everyone will agree to you, you can go and always open an invite only cc n cc section instead of telling people to get out of ypur topic in an open discussion forum?

Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Originally posted by: tannipartner

While I think shabana is quite pretentious and does the cause more harm, she was quite right here I feel. Instead of doing the act of giving top billing, why not play a second fiddle role to a movie with a woman in centre? And small cameos or narration do not count, a full fledged second fiddle role, for example nawazuddin or param's role in kahaani. That was a big star like srk can promote the cause of women in industry even more. I don't see anything wrong in what she says.
Also nkapoor you said shaban should learn definition of feminism. And I gave a definition of it too in my post. But you decided not to see it, only focus on a miss information and act highhanded and rude. May I point out your very title is rude. You haven't even mentioned what the definition of feminism is, just a condescending statement about a person, who probably knows about it and have worked for it too. Why don't you try to open yourself up for different opinion.
If you just want to discuss something where everyone will agree to you, you can go and always open an invite only cc n cc section instead of telling people to get out of ypur topic in an open discussion forum?

I am sorry but I have no intention to learn about politeness from a person like you! 
noorsand thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Nkapoor3

U r saying something very different to SHABANNA! 

I was talking from both sides since I don't think either one is necessarily wrong here. 
Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: tannipartner

Inspite of piyanka being industry senior with box office pull and meatier role in janjir remake, when news of her getting paid more surfaced, ram charan teja app got very angry. The news rattled him that he , a male star would be getting paid less in his movie debut. Then his pay was hiked up too. I read it in toi again.

😲 Really? Such a MCP 🤢
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Originally posted by: noorsand

I was talking from both sides since I don't think either one is necessarily wrong here. 

I am a feminist myself! But what Shabana is not talking about feminism here! Feminism is about EQUALITY 
Edited by Nkapoor3 - 11 years ago