Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

SHABANNA should learn the meaning of Feminism!!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 23

Page 1
Page   of 23
Page 2 Page 23

Nkapoor3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 1:34am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

bajlookaSridevilColdplayingfire_gunblue-ice

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "SHABANNA should learn the meaning of Feminism!!" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 1:39am | IP Logged
Secondary/supporting role does not mean "insignificant role".

Edited by Kal El - 27 March 2013 at 1:39am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

dhumps-Castiel-ILoveDramafrostyYankeestvdekha.return_to_hadesFrancoSalyanka

Nkapoor3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 1:40am | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 1:48am | IP Logged
Women don't exist in a vacuum. Men need to play a role in this to achieve the goal of equality. Without the participation of men, there will be no equality. The very notion of gender equality means that men and women (and other genders who are rarely even acknowledged) should get involved in the process.

No one is saying that SRK needs to anything. He is the one who said he wants to help and apparently changing the order of credits is his (and Balki's) idea of helping the cause of female actors. Even if the sentiment is good, the method chosen is useless. Shabana simply meant that if he really wants to help, why not do some heroine-oriented movies? Coz that is more likely to make an actual contribution than the question of whose name comes earlier in the credits.

It would be cool if bigger male stars would do movies carried by the heroines. The other way around is quite common, where men carry the film and women do the supporting; so why not try to make the former more common? Not a bad idea.

The problem, of course, is that the media would eventually focus more on the big male actor and the heroine would likely have a hard time getting focus in the news. And this does not even touch the issue of the heroes earning ridiculously more than the heroines. But still, if SRK really wants to help, doing more such movies would be a better approach.

Edited by Kal El - 27 March 2013 at 1:57am

The following 31 member(s) liked the above post:

niasharma11-Castiel-cricketfan1ILoveDramayouknowmeSridevilfrostydon12-Mmmmm-love_strucktvdekha.MadhuriDixitTiyaliabby_girl30Antlersreturn_to_hadesChippeshwinimysticgoryfilmskhamosshhhDeathstrokeMephistosoni595bambogli.ProperPatola.Franco.Elixir.togepe30-Eris-wat_upMR.KooLibelieveinpink

Nkapoor3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 1:53am | IP Logged

dhumps

Groupbie

dhumps

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 1:56am | IP Logged
I believe she made this statement in reply to SRK' s ad
SRK in the ad says women should not be equal to men but ahead of them which does not mean equality
And Shabana is just highlighting the issue
IMHO the star with bigger role should have his /her name first

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

FrancoSalyanka

music_masti

Goldie

music_masti

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 2:02am | IP Logged

y only giving name credit first...

y no equal pay...:)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

dhumpsdon12Franco

-Rhythmic.Me-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Rhythmic.Me-

Posted: 27 March 2013 at 2:04am | IP Logged
A woman don't necessarily have to be equal to a male...she can over power a male star. That doesn't bother me. But my point is why did she ask the males ( SRK to be precise) to work in a female oriented role. Why doesn't she ask the women to stop playing second fiddle to the bigger male stars. Why not take up equally important roles as male? Why not decline derogatory item nunbers?

If women are willing to play second fiddle to men oriented films...what can male stars do? Sacrifice their own careers to help others?? Yeah that's so logical Shabana Ji   Sleepy

Edited by ..Eclipse.. - 27 March 2013 at 2:05am

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

dhumps-Castiel-kartibajlookanomad.nessWaitForIt-anitaraniabby_girl30tvdekha.Mithuu-IamAwesome-Nkapoor3blue-icepickachuRockChicGirltogepe30

Post Reply New Post

Go to top